Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:42:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230395 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #3390 on October 08, 2022, 02:24:50 pm by belton rover »
Armageddon, however you cut it, is fairly unpleasant for everybody.

BobG

I bought some armageddon cheese yesterday.
It said on the packet ‘best before end…’

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3391 on October 08, 2022, 03:51:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Good old Biden, as f*cking useless as ever. Instead of saying what HE's going to do, as President of the USA, he's telling US, who can do nothing about it, that we're on the brink of Armeggedon.

In doing so, he's just sent a message to Putin, the bully, that the whole of the West is terrified of him.

Well done, Joe.

Not quite sure - if you attempt to launch a nuclear missile we will obliterate your country - is sending a message to Putin that you are frightened. Or do you have a different meaning of Armageddon (the end of days) to me?

No NATO country is going to launch a first strike. There's a reason it's called a nuclear deterrent.

You're falling for that line? Oh, dear.

The deal is if the US/NATO ups its support for Ukraine to the point of....  say, invading old Russia, or does more than the gas line attack, then the button is hit with an almighty feck you! We know the US is a bully, greedy as, pushes and pushes with the delusion of being World boss. This threat is saying, watch your step.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3392 on October 08, 2022, 03:53:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Very sad listening to that from the frontline, got to feel not just for the Ukrainians but also for  these Russians being sent there to almost certain death, I’m sure they don’t know what awaits them and they don’t have much of a choice in going there.
Not being sent to almost certain death. Sure its v dangerous. I'd be more concerned being a Ukraine sent to the front.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3393 on October 08, 2022, 05:34:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Reports coming in of a wave of arrests of military top brass in Moscow. Elite assault troops blocking access to the centre.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3394 on October 08, 2022, 05:39:09 pm by glosterred »
Very sad listening to that from the frontline, got to feel not just for the Ukrainians but also for  these Russians being sent there to almost certain death, I’m sure they don’t know what awaits them and they don’t have much of a choice in going there.
Not being sent to almost certain death. Sure its v dangerous. I'd be more concerned being a Ukraine sent to the front.

Let’s face it no one would have had to be sent to certain death, Ukrainian or Russian, had Russia not illegally invaded another sovereign country. So cannot feel to sorry for the Russians but do have every sympathy for the Ukrainian defending their country.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3395 on October 08, 2022, 06:06:24 pm by wilts rover »
Good old Biden, as f*cking useless as ever. Instead of saying what HE's going to do, as President of the USA, he's telling US, who can do nothing about it, that we're on the brink of Armeggedon.

In doing so, he's just sent a message to Putin, the bully, that the whole of the West is terrified of him.

Well done, Joe.

Not quite sure - if you attempt to launch a nuclear missile we will obliterate your country - is sending a message to Putin that you are frightened. Or do you have a different meaning of Armageddon (the end of days) to me?

No NATO country is going to launch a first strike. There's a reason it's called a nuclear deterrent.

The deal is if the US/NATO ups its support for Ukraine to the point of....  say, invading old Russia, or does more than the gas line attack, then the button is hit with an almighty feck you! We know the US is a bully, greedy as, pushes and pushes with the delusion of being World boss. This threat is saying, watch your step.

Unlike for example, Putin and Russia?

Ukraine is not going to invade Russia and NATO is not going to launch a first strike. Only Russia can stop the war and only Russians can overthrow Putin. It's not difficult to undersstand however much you try and b******t.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3396 on October 08, 2022, 06:07:52 pm by wilts rover »
Thank you Tyke. Horrible. But then, those who start wars never worry about things like that do they? (And I am not pointing fingers at anybody at all with that comment. I am speaking in a very general sense)

BobG

Those were my thoughts too Bob , whilst I know the Russians have committed despicable war crimes in Ukraine it won't apply to every one of them and as you say the vast majority are totally bewildered why they are in Ukraine .

Young Russian soldiers still have parents , wives , kids and are simply fodder for a tyrant who doesn't care about them .

Exactly this.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #3397 on October 08, 2022, 07:55:38 pm by tyke1962 »

Really , that's not what this Russian soldier says .

https://youtu.be/AYHWH5IG-Zs

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3398 on October 08, 2022, 09:32:07 pm by ravenrover »

Well done, Joe.

Or does more than the gas line attack?
I'm not aware of any evidence as to who blew up the gas line, but it does seem really strange to suggest Te West, who depend on it in normal times, did it equally strange to say the Russians when all they would need to do is turn the supply off

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3399 on October 09, 2022, 12:08:36 am by SydneyRover »
Death by numbers

''How Ukrainians, targeting by drone, attacked Russian artillery in Kherson''

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/08/ukraine-russia-drones-artillery/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3400 on October 09, 2022, 06:49:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Once again Putin responds to a focussed attack on military supply transport infrastructure by chucking missiles at apartment blocks.

Kitson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maria_avdv/status/1578988231366184960

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3401 on October 09, 2022, 08:04:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A Ukranian army Press officer has reported that Belarus has accused Ukraine of making ready to invade Belarus territory.

He is certain this means Belarussian troops will invade Ukraine in the next 3 to 7 days in 'self defence'

He's also certain the majority of them will die too.

If there's any shred of truth in this then it will mark the start of the end for Lukashenko too.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3402 on October 09, 2022, 09:34:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Putin is regarding the explosion on the Crimean bridge as an act of terrorism  committed by Ukrainians on Russian territory, and has called an emergency meeting to decide how to respond to it.

In the meantime, Biden is ordering $260 million's worth of drugs that treat blood cell damage caused by nuclear radiation.

It's coming, and there doesn't seem to be the will on any side to stop it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3403 on October 09, 2022, 10:59:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm not aware of any evidence as to who blew up the gas line, but it does seem really strange to suggest Te West, who depend on it in normal times, did it equally strange to say the Russians when all they would need to do is turn the supply off
The main argument of a benefit to Russia for the destruction is that is absolves them from any comeback for not supplying the gas as per the contracts. Possible, but unlikely to be a consideration they have. Much better for them to have the gas supply as a bargaining chip.

As the US is stepping up its gas shipments to Europe it gives it a motive, plus taking out the Russian's bargaining chip. Would the UK be doing this for the US? Absolutely, as could any NATO country. Norway could well be involved, it certainly benefits from a halt to Russian gas.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3404 on October 09, 2022, 11:05:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Really , that's not what this Russian soldier says .

https://youtu.be/AYHWH5IG-Zs
SSU info, must be true.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3405 on October 10, 2022, 07:18:21 am by wilts rover »
The main argument of a benefit to Russia for the destruction is that is absolves them from any comeback for not supplying the gas as per the contracts. Possible, but unlikely to be a consideration they have. Much better for them to have the gas supply as a bargaining chip.

As the US is stepping up its gas shipments to Europe it gives it a motive, plus taking out the Russian's bargaining chip. Would the UK be doing this for the US? Absolutely, as could any NATO country. Norway could well be involved, it certainly benefits from a halt to Russian gas.

The explosions coincided with the opening of the Baltic Pipeline by-passing Russian supplies by taking gas from Norway to Poland.

It was a message from Putin saying that he can take out any undersea pipeline at any time. He wants to control energy supplies to Europe - because that's his bargaining chip to stopping Europe supporting Ukraine.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3406 on October 10, 2022, 07:47:14 am by wilts rover »
So now we know Putin's retaliation. Firing cruise missiles at apartment blocks and children's playgrounds.

And he says blowing up a bridge is terrorism!!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3407 on October 10, 2022, 07:47:25 am by mushRTID »
Kyiv has been pummelled with missiles in response to the bridge attack. Including a children’s park ffs!

Such an evil bas**rd.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3408 on October 10, 2022, 08:24:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
An absolute waste of life. That's not war it's flat out murder.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3409 on October 10, 2022, 09:24:59 am by Filo »
Moscow must be fair game for Ukraine to attack now, Putin is a total bas**rd, this shows desperation on his part

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3410 on October 10, 2022, 09:35:54 am by ravenrover »
Hasn't took the new man in charge long to change how the Russian forces retaliate much as he did in Syria indiscriminate bombing of civilians This will now become an ongoing feature with this chap in charge

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3411 on October 10, 2022, 11:51:42 am by SydneyRover »
They're not only war crimes it's strategically dumb, using resources to attack civilian targets reduces what is available to take on the Ukrainian armed forces, a battle russia is losing atm.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3412 on October 10, 2022, 11:58:22 am by Filo »
Belarus making noises about invading Ukraine now, good luck with that Lukashenko, you only have 60k troops, Putin is playing you like the cowardly bully he is

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3413 on October 10, 2022, 12:09:37 pm by SydneyRover »
BBC

''The building housing the German consulate in Kyiv was hit by a Russian missile strike, Reuters news agency quotes Germany's foreign ministry as saying''

Technically German soil, I doubt/hope that this would not be a trigger for NATO to get involved.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3414 on October 10, 2022, 04:14:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

The explosions coincided with the opening of the Baltic Pipeline by-passing Russian supplies by taking gas from Norway to Poland.

It was a message from Putin saying that he can take out any undersea pipeline at any time. He wants to control energy supplies to Europe - because that's his bargaining chip to stopping Europe supporting Ukraine.
The message Russia would send would be hitting the Norwegian pipeline not the Russian one, don't you think?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3415 on October 10, 2022, 04:17:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BBC

''The building housing the German consulate in Kyiv was hit by a Russian missile strike, Reuters news agency quotes Germany's foreign ministry as saying''

Technically German soil, I doubt/hope that this would not be a trigger for NATO to get involved.
It isn't.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3416 on October 10, 2022, 04:19:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Belarus making noises about invading Ukraine now, good luck with that Lukashenko, you only have 60k troops, Putin is playing you like the cowardly bully he is
It's most likely a ploy to tie up Ukraine troops in the West. On the other hand, there is a point where Russia will invade in the West to slow the arms being supplied to Ukraine.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3417 on October 10, 2022, 04:35:45 pm by Filo »
It's most likely a ploy to tie up Ukraine troops in the West. On the other hand, there is a point where Russia will invade in the West to slow the arms being supplied to Ukraine.

I’m not sure the people of Belarus will take kindly to being used as Putins cannon fodder

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3418 on October 10, 2022, 04:48:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I’m not sure the people of Belarus will take kindly to being used as Putins cannon fodder
But they're not being used that way. Nice little stand off, saving some of the Ukraine taxi drivers from frontline danger and discomfort in the east and south.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3419 on October 10, 2022, 05:16:00 pm by wilts rover »

A Russian invasion 'in the west' is a declaration of war on NATO. If Putin can't defeat Ukraine after 6 months how do you reckon he will get on with NATO?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012