Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:08:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230373 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #3810 on November 24, 2022, 05:57:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Bern saying this for years

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1595390115211247617

The far left and far right have a hell of a lot in common.

Many of the key British far right today (Claire Fox, Mick Hume as examples) were Revolutionary Communists 25 years ago.

And I'm sure that Corbynistas would not agree that Russia is a terrorist state, despite us seeing Russian terrorism on our screens every single day.
Is the shelling of Donetsk, for example, terrorism in your eyes?

And if you're into labelling states as terrorist or not, as opposed to identifying what you might consider terrorist actions, what about the UK, France, USA for example?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 06:01:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3811 on November 24, 2022, 05:58:44 pm by scawsby steve »
I never thought I'd would get to the point where I considered escalation to be an answer but the west cannot stand by and watch these barbarians kill, freeze and starve the population of Ukraine.

So what do you want the West to do next?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3812 on November 24, 2022, 08:07:21 pm by SydneyRover »
I never thought I'd would get to the point where I considered escalation to be an answer but the west cannot stand by and watch these barbarians kill, freeze and starve the population of Ukraine.

If the west cannot stop the attacks by every supplying every means of defence possible to the Ukraine and screwing every possible sanction down to the utmost give them the means to attack russian supply lines in russia.

Your turn Steve.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3813 on November 24, 2022, 08:43:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

If the west cannot stop the attacks by every supplying every means of defence possible to the Ukraine and screwing every possible sanction down to the utmost give them the means to attack russian supply lines in russia.

Your turn Steve.
Increasing sanctions to include....?

Supplying how many air defence systems? Which type? I assume you meant air defence?

And then you're wanting Ukraine to be supplied with longer range shells and missiles to attack Russian territory?

You think that will help with food, heat, safety of anyone at all?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3814 on November 24, 2022, 09:41:23 pm by SydneyRover »
QI:

''Activists embarrassed Russian embassy staff in Australia. Now the Kremlin is targeting them''

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-25/svoboda-russia-activists-listed-putin-undesirable/101692684

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3815 on November 25, 2022, 11:22:15 pm by SydneyRover »
And some better news ...........

''Putin’s grip on regional allies loosens again after Armenia snub
Damaging optics of ‘family’ photo at CSTO summit highlights fragility of Russia’s influence in wake of war in Ukraine''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/25/putinsgrip-regional-allies-loosen-again-after-armenia-snub-csto-summit

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3816 on November 28, 2022, 01:46:58 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3817 on November 28, 2022, 02:23:51 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Interesting insights from wounded Ukrainian soldiers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/07/ukraine-kherson-offensive-casualties-ammunition/

Thanks for that insight into the bravery of men fighting for their country, Ukraine.

To lose a limb & say “It was worth it”, is very humbling to those of us who can only watch from the ‘sidelines’.

To have fought in such ‘a theatre’ & hear men say “I cannot wait to get back to the fighting” makes you realise the peoples of Ukraine

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3818 on November 30, 2022, 06:41:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting rumours today expressed by Russia about Poland showing interest in taking on three oblasts from Ukraine, ones that used to be part of Poland until 1945. This woud start with referenda.

That would leave two isolated oblasts in that area separated by land from Ukraine. One of these was Hungarian/Czecholslovakian last century and has 13% ethnic Hungarians living there. The other the same but with Romania.

Possibly just Russia trying to create divisions and that's all, possibly Poland are looking at all options - why wouldn't they? If Ukraine does collapse then these areas would likely benefit from becoming part of Poland in terms of perceived safety, and definitely in terms of prosperity.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3819 on November 30, 2022, 06:48:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting insights from wounded Ukrainian soldiers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/07/ukraine-kherson-offensive-casualties-ammunition/

Thanks for that insight into the bravery of men fighting for their country, Ukraine.

To lose a limb & say “It was worth it”, is very humbling to those of us who can only watch from the ‘sidelines’.

To have fought in such ‘a theatre’ & hear men say “I cannot wait to get back to the fighting” makes you realise the peoples of Ukraine
If that's all you take from that article then you could make a spangle of an unhinged commander. Good for a leader in a Monty Python tale perhaps?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3820 on November 30, 2022, 09:31:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Russian political commentator calling on national TV for Russia to up the ante on war crimes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StratcomCentre/status/1597868964922949634

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3821 on November 30, 2022, 09:44:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
EU President says 100k Ukrainian troops dead.
https://twitter.com/Area5Z/status/1597906017144410118

But yes, quick panic edit out of that bit from later releases of the vid.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 09:51:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3822 on November 30, 2022, 09:50:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Russian political commentator calling on national TV for Russia to up the ante on war crimes.

Not really. More like telling the west to deal wth the problems it has created in interfering with Ukraine and creating this proxy war. For it to give genuine aid, actually take citizens in rather than leave them in a war zone it is fueling and throw sacks of rice at them.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3823 on November 30, 2022, 09:55:42 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Not really. More like telling the west to deal wth the problems it has created in interfering with Ukraine and creating this proxy war. For it to give genuine aid, actually take citizens in rather than leave them in a war zone it is fueling and throw sacks of rice at them.

You keep up with the ‘Pro Russian’ anti ‘NATO’ filtering of news & the ‘Order of Merit’ is surely only a knock on the door away.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3824 on November 30, 2022, 10:04:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You keep up with the ‘Pro Russian’ anti ‘NATO’ filtering of news & the ‘Order of Merit’ is surely only a knock on the door away.
Did you ever utter anything with content?  :laugh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3825 on November 30, 2022, 10:51:49 pm by BobG »

That really is the funniest thing I have read on this site in the last 5 years. Brilliant!

BobG

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3826 on November 30, 2022, 10:55:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »

And that’s what you would call ‘content’?!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3827 on December 01, 2022, 12:00:06 am by Bristol Red Rover »

And that’s what you would call ‘content’?!
Let me hold your hand here. BST posted a twitter link with his personal take on that. That would be content.

I disagreed with BST's take on that twitter link, and gave my interpretation - actually just repeating what was said on the tweet. That woud be content.

You rhetorically ask, "And that’s what you would call ‘content’?!" That would not be content but would be a question, which I have now answered... or it would be if it weren't asked snarkily. As it is, it's just a whinging reactive type dig. Not content, not a question.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3828 on December 01, 2022, 12:16:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I get that you try to ignore facts that you don't need to look at. I get that. You've been doing it throughout the war.

What I truly don't understand is you looking at something and totally whitewashing it.

Here's the man's exact words.

"What we need to make sure is that Ukraine is forced to send another 10-15 million refugees to Europe...Strikes on infrastructure should throw the life of the entire Ukrainian state into disarray."

That's a major Russian political commentator calling, on national TV, for Russia to commit one of the biggest war crimes in human history.

And you just "meh" it. Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and wonder how you became this person?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3829 on December 01, 2022, 09:34:43 am by Bristol Red Rover »
War crimes like NATO in Serbia and Libya? The US in Afghanistan, in Iraq. Not to mention Vietnam. Far worse was done in all those cases.

And you just "meh" the US etc instigating and fanning this proxy war. One that is progressively likely to kill multiples more. How many hundreds of thousands more deaths of Ukraine's are worth that?

Not to mention the escalation problems with Poland now considering sending its NATO boots in there.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 09:44:19 am by Bristol Red Rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3830 on December 01, 2022, 09:51:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
 You genuinely think what was done in Serbia, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan was "far worse" than trying to "throw the entire infrastructure of a country into disarray" with the express intention of forcing 10-15 million people to become refugees?

Genuinely?

And even if you do (which is ridiculous) does that justify ignoring what this person is saying?

You are beyond hope.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3831 on December 01, 2022, 09:53:31 am by i_ateallthepies »
What do you say about the fact that those 'many hundreds of thousands more deaths of Ukraines' would be entirely the work of your blessed Russia?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3832 on December 01, 2022, 10:07:05 am by Bristol Red Rover »
What do you say about the fact that those 'many hundreds of thousands more deaths of Ukraines' would be entirely the work of your blessed Russia?
Keep up old fella!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3833 on December 01, 2022, 10:12:57 am by Bristol Red Rover »
You genuinely think what was done in Serbia, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan was "far worse" than trying to "throw the entire infrastructure of a country into disarray" with the express intention of forcing 10-15 million people to become refugees?

Genuinely?

And even if you do (which is ridiculous) does that justify ignoring what this person is saying?

You are beyond hope.
Oh dear, I forgot, the US and pals go into countries winning by renovating houses, building hospitals, restaurants, playgrounds, and supermarkets? Wake up from that Sergeant Pepper dreamland! Seems like you need to watch some other war coverage than that ww2 on the History Channel.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3834 on December 01, 2022, 12:04:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's the end of my interaction with you BRR. If you are incapable of properly appraising what the Russians are doing and saying without flipping into whataboutery, you're not worth another moment of attention.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3835 on December 01, 2022, 12:44:58 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Keep up old fella!

Now that’s a ‘snarky’ dig.

No question asked.

No content needed.

It’s an observation. An observation that you make (but ‘mask’ in what you perceive as ‘content’) such digs in the majority of your posts.

You’re the sort of person whose ‘black cat’ will always be blacker than my ‘black cat’.

It’s my conclusion that you deliberately goad in order to ‘feed’ on any response, even when that response includes ‘proper facts’ & reports.
Why, because you’re a deluded, obstinate inanely sad person therefore, (once you’ve finished & enjoyed your feeding frenzy on this post) I think I’ll follow BST’s lead & leave you to wallow in your own ‘apocalyptic world’.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3836 on December 01, 2022, 01:14:59 pm by Axholme Lion »

I get that you try to ignore facts that you don't need to look at. I get that. You've been doing it throughout the war.

What I truly don't understand is you looking at something and totally whitewashing it.

"What we need to make sure is that Ukraine is forced to send another 10-15 million refugees to Europe...Strikes on infrastructure should throw the life of the entire Ukrainian state into disarray."

That's a major Russian political commentator calling, on national TV, for Russia to commit one of the biggest war crimes in human history.

And you just "meh" it. Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and wonder how you became this person?

It's war, there are no rules.
The US, EU, NATO are responsible for pushing Russia into this. That clown Zelensky would be happy for us all to freeze to death on behalf of his pirate regime. How many British pensioners will die because of his proxy war because they can't turn on the heating.Meanwhile the US is coining it in on gas sales to europe.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/us-natural-gas-exports-europe-surge-energy-crisis-trader-profits-2022-8

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3837 on December 01, 2022, 01:17:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The US, EU, NATO are responsible for pushing Russia into this. That clown Zelensky would be happy for us all to freeze to death on behalf of his pirate regime. How many British pensioners will die because of his proxy war because they can't turn on the heating.Meanwhile the US is coining it in on gas sales to europe.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/us-natural-gas-exports-europe-surge-energy-crisis-trader-profits-2022-8

Oh but there ARE rules in war.

The fact that you think "war" equates to "anything is acceptable" is not really surprising given your track record in here. But it is no less disgusting for that.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3838 on December 01, 2022, 03:38:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Have I missed something? Did Zelensky invade Belarus?

Or is he & the people of Ukraine still engaged in a war started by ‘Pirate Putin’?

If you’re going to point your finger (no doubt with an outstretched hand just above head height) at those responsible for the hike in gas & oil prices, try pointing it in the right direction i.e., further east than Ukraine.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3839 on December 01, 2022, 03:53:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Keep up old fella!

Now that’s a ‘snarky’ dig.

No question asked.

No content needed.

It’s an observation. An observation that you make (but ‘mask’ in what you perceive as ‘content’) such digs in the majority of your posts.

You’re the sort of person whose ‘black cat’ will always be blacker than my ‘black cat’.

It’s my conclusion that you deliberately goad in order to ‘feed’ on any response, even when that response includes ‘proper facts’ & reports.
Why, because you’re a deluded, obstinate inanely sad person therefore, (once you’ve finished & enjoyed your feeding frenzy on this post) I think I’ll follow BST’s lead & leave you to wallow in your own ‘apocalyptic world’.
Missed the point. It's not my Russians and certainly not blessed, I've made that clear, he obviously missed reading that, hence "keep up".

He took the same route as many on here, including you, who will see someone as the enemy just because they don't buy into the narrative they have chosen. And, as per the point here, gloss over anything that goes against that aggressively expressed viewpoint. It's a cheap and blind way of discussing, but I guess you have your securities to grasp onto. Bye!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 04:04:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012