Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230371 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #3870 on December 04, 2022, 10:10:48 pm by wilts rover »
Although there are still numerous aerial and artillery attacks on Ukraine, observers have wondered for a while why the number of drone attacks has fallen. THey thought Russia had run low on stocks and were waiting for more from Iran.

However it turns out that as Iran is a hot climate where they were made and tested for use there & they don't work properly if the temperature drops too low - as in a Ukrainian winter! Ooops.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1599416372018044928

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3871 on December 05, 2022, 11:41:45 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Although there are still numerous aerial and artillery attacks on Ukraine, observers have wondered for a while why the number of drone attacks has fallen. THey thought Russia had run low on stocks and were waiting for more from Iran.

However it turns out that as Iran is a hot climate where they were made and tested for use there & they don't work properly if the temperature drops too low - as in a Ukrainian winter! Ooops.

Oh dear....it seems like the lack of heating is having a negative effect on Ukraine military intelligentsia. Heating obviously off in Wilts Towers too   :facepalm:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3872 on December 05, 2022, 05:50:50 pm by wilts rover »

Oh dear....it seems like the lack of heating is having a negative effect on Ukraine military intelligentsia. Heating obviously off in Wilts Towers too   :facepalm:

Woodburner working fine in Wiltshire land ta. Unlike Putin's drones...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3873 on December 05, 2022, 05:53:29 pm by wilts rover »
US set to increase mutions production six-fold to ensure supply to Ukraine for at least next 3 years.

Funding already agreed for a tripling of supply and now Army have asked for funding to double that.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2022/12/05/army-plans-dramatic-ammo-production-boost-as-ukraine-drains-stocks/

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3874 on December 05, 2022, 10:20:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Over 3 years.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3875 on December 06, 2022, 09:11:21 am by i_ateallthepies »
Over 3 years.

Will make sure Putin is screwed thoroughly into the dirt.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3876 on December 06, 2022, 03:15:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Over 3 years.

Not sure you understood the info, no change for a good few months, and then a gradual build up, so looks like Ukraine will be vulnerable for a while. And then even by 3 years, it's barely an improvement on what Ukraine has been able to do. I don't think 3 years really figures in this.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3877 on December 06, 2022, 05:33:37 pm by wilts rover »
Over 3 years.

Not sure you understood the info, no change for a good few months, and then a gradual build up, so looks like Ukraine will be vulnerable for a while. And then even by 3 years, it's barely an improvement on what Ukraine has been able to do. I don't think 3 years really figures in this.

Clearly you haven't understood the info. The US will be able to provide at least the current rate of ammo supply to Ukraine for at least the next 3 years. Most likely 6.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3878 on December 06, 2022, 05:49:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Over 3 years.

Clearly you haven't understood the info. The US will be able to provide at least the current rate of ammo supply to Ukraine for at least the next 3 years. Most likely 6.

But...but...but...

That's not what the Kremlin is saying!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3879 on December 14, 2022, 06:56:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Woodburner working fine in Wiltshire land ta. Unlike Putin's drones...

Oooops!
-4C in Kyiv this morning by the way.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63967017

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #3880 on December 14, 2022, 07:19:50 pm by turnbull for england »
So them working is something to celebrate ? Good to know that no lighting or heating for millions  in -4 warms the cockles of your heart

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3881 on December 14, 2022, 07:39:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
So them working is something to celebrate ? Good to know that no lighting or heating for millions  in -4 warms the cockles of your heart

No, don't be a twonk. Neither is the US, UK, NATO, EU creating this mess in the first place anything to celebrate. But wear the BBC blinkers, take the subserviant US sertraliine, drop the EU mogadons, and enjoy your contribution of heating bills and mortgage rates.... if you like.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3882 on December 14, 2022, 07:41:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Really not worth it. Anyone who would write that is really just not someone to engage with.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3883 on December 15, 2022, 02:26:14 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Really not worth it. Anyone who would write that is really just not someone to engage with.
And so speaks another twonk. No one said that except in your transcendental Willy Wonka head. The "Oooops!" was a retort to Wilts who used that. Jeez I hope you don't go wondering in mazes on your outings to stately homes..... dont rely on breadcrumbs if you do.

By the way, you doubted the Ukraine attacks on the Nuke Power Plant and their losses there. Some info including vids around about here https://youtu.be/na3Ye6j05Hc?t=1515
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 02:31:19 am by Bristol Red Rover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3884 on December 15, 2022, 09:26:21 am by idler »
What’s your view on the Putin critic in Russia that got eight years for reporting atrocities by Russian BRR?
I know that Ukraine might commit them as well but until then what is your view on Putin?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3885 on December 15, 2022, 01:29:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I don't know the details. Is he simply reporting what he saw, or was he making up stuff? If the former then yes, it's bad, and I'm not surprised. But then this is what governments do all over the world - Julian Assange is a case in point.

And can you correct your post - Ukraine HAS committed atrocities, you know that. Its what governments and military groups and individuals do, again all over the world, UK included. Military training is purposefully dehumanising and paints the enemy as inhuman. Governments add to that, and this forum is evidence of the results of that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3886 on December 15, 2022, 01:36:01 pm by silent majority »
I don't know the details. Is he simply reporting what he saw, or was he making up stuff? If the former then yes, it's bad, and I'm not surprised. But then this is what governments do all over the world - Julian Assange is a case in point.

And can you correct your post - Ukraine HAS committed atrocities, you know that. Its what governments and military groups and individuals do, again all over the world, UK included. Military training is purposefully dehumanising and paints the enemy as inhuman. Governments add to that, and this forum is evidence of the results of that.

Wow, I've just had to read that last sentence a few times.

Unbelievable.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3887 on December 15, 2022, 05:15:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Unbelievable.

Regurgitation of western propaganda, go look, Jeff.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3888 on December 15, 2022, 11:54:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What’s your view on the Putin critic in Russia that got eight years for reporting atrocities by Russian BRR?
I know that Ukraine might commit them as well but until then what is your view on Putin?
Having looked into it a bit, I still don't know exactly what he said, and I don't know how true or untrue that would have been - the whole issue is not as straight as most western media (ie Ukraine) say.

But either way, he is a strong part of the political opposition to Putin and the current Russian establishment. I couldn't see what links he has, partly as access to non western media is suppressed - I haven't searched mainstream Russian media. So he's someone that the Russian establishment has been wanting to put a stop to for a while. The way they do it there is pretty hardline, no subtlety. Many in Russia might think it wasn't hardline enough, and there are those who think the opposite. And as far as I can see I think it's a bad thing.

That's my criticism of the Russian action, a government/establishment intent on holding onto power in whatever way possible.

Compare that to how we do things here. I already mentioned Assange which parallels that Russian case. There are other cases in the west of the treatment of people who threaten the establishment, and in the UK one example is Jeremy Corbyn. What happened with him was more subtle but still amounts to destroying the challenge to the establishment. Just because it's establishment control via media etc etc in my mind doesn't make it any better than people being put in prison.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3889 on December 16, 2022, 12:06:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So, to summarise:

You don't know what he's said.

You don't know what he's done.

You don't know if any of the rumours are true.

But you DO know it's similar to the Assange case.

That's Assange who was used by Putin to release information stolen by Russia at just the right time to turn the result of a democratic election, and put into the White House a man who ended up trying to stage a coup.

Fascinating logic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3890 on December 16, 2022, 12:09:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Translation:

"Pretty hard-line" means "Shooting, poisoning, pushing out of windows or sending to Siberian prisons for years on end". And that's similar to what the Western "Establishment" does. 

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3891 on December 16, 2022, 02:47:55 am by Bristol Red Rover »
So, to summarise:

You don't know what he's said.

You don't know what he's done.

You don't know if any of the rumours are true.

But you DO know it's similar to the Assange case.

That's Assange who was used by Putin to release information stolen by Russia at just the right time to turn the result of a democratic election, and put into the White House a man who ended up trying to stage a coup.

Fascinating logic.
Jeez, you are relentless in misinterpretation, losing perspective, and making statements to suit your own self destructive narrative.

That's not what I said. Just re read.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3892 on December 16, 2022, 02:49:15 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Translation:

"Pretty hard-line" means "Shooting, poisoning, pushing out of windows or sending to Siberian prisons for years on end". And that's similar to what the Western "Establishment" does. 

Again, stick your head out of that bubble and read what I said. You can do it, you really can. Good boy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3893 on December 16, 2022, 09:21:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sorry BRR. When you "mentioned Assange which parallels that Russian case" I assumed you were saying that Assange's case paralleled the Russian case. The Russian case that you said you "don't know exactly what he said, and I don't know how true or untrue that would have been".

I have this failing that, when I see people write things, I assume that's what they mean.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3894 on December 16, 2022, 01:25:40 pm by glosterred »

Unbelievable.

And what you post is regurgitation of Russian propaganda, go look BRR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3895 on December 16, 2022, 02:55:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Unbelievable.

And what you post is regurgitation of Russian propaganda, go look BRR

Good that you're aware of the western propaganda posted on here.

This whole conflict is huge and could easily escalate. Already people in the UK are suffering, some very seriously so - not just having to turn the heating down by a degree or two. This is a direct result of this war. The US has already leant Ukraine around $80 billion which it is going to lose if Ukraine completely capitulates which is at least a 50/50 probability now. Will the US write this off or chase it by ensuring Ukraine wins, and how far is it prepared to go with that? Note there are many in control in the US that think a limited nuke war is winable. The chances of that are slim, but increasing. Point being, all angles of this war are important. And of course there was the Ukraine attack on the Russian base where it's nuke bombers are. I'll be surprised if that hasn't put into place a Russian retaliation of some kind, or hardened what is already planned. Yyou can only imagine how the US would react in a similar situation. This IS hotting up  :(

If you want to read just one angle, that's your foolish lazy choice. Yes, some of what I post is what Russian officials have said, but far from all of it. And, on observing what has happened following what US, Ukraine, and Russia have said then Russian statements appear to be at least on the ball and straight up as the others, and I think far more so.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:08:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3896 on December 16, 2022, 02:57:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Sorry BRR. When you "mentioned Assange which parallels that Russian case" I assumed you were saying that Assange's case paralleled the Russian case. The Russian case that you said you "don't know exactly what he said, and I don't know how true or untrue that would have been".

I have this failing that, when I see people write things, I assume that's what they mean.
"exactly".
The essence of the situation parallels Assange. I don't know the details of what he said, nor his real life affiliations exactly. You're digging a hole.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3897 on December 16, 2022, 04:57:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How can you possibly say A parallels B when by your own admission, you've no idea what A is?

You're doing what you've done throughout this conflict. Responded to every single obscenity from Putin with "Yeah, but the West!"

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3898 on December 16, 2022, 05:50:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
How can you possibly say A parallels B when by your own admission, you've no idea what A is?

You're doing what you've done throughout this conflict. Responded to every single obscenity from Putin with "Yeah, but the West!"
I never said I have no idea "what A is".

And my line is critical of establishments, it's an "and" not a "but". You fail to admit any western wrong doing, any - though here's an opportunity to correct that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3899 on December 16, 2022, 06:01:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So when you said "Having looked into it a bit, I still don't know exactly what he said, and I don't know how true or untrue that would have been" what "exactly" did you mean?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012