Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:25:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230442 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4560 on June 27, 2023, 09:31:09 am by i_ateallthepies »
The first ‘real tilt’ at Putin’s power that holds any form of gravitas & he heads for his bunker. F**k you Russian citizens, I’m alright.

The first ‘bully’ to push him & he runs off hiding.

Speaks volumes about him. More than all the volumes I have ever read about him.

He’s not the bogey man I thought he was. And if I’m thinking that, there will be many more within that ‘inner circle’ of his who are starting to look beyond as opposed to within.

Indeed, and compare that to Zelenski, who under military bombardment for the last 18 months hasn't once run away.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4561 on June 27, 2023, 06:17:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The first ‘real tilt’ at Putin’s power that holds any form of gravitas & he heads for his bunker. F**k you Russian citizens, I’m alright.

He’s not the bogey man I thought he was. And if I’m thinking that, there will be many more within that ‘inner circle’ of his who are starting to look beyond as opposed to within.

Indeed, and compare that to Zelenski, who under military bombardment for the last 18 months hasn't once run away.
He does seem to spend half his time outside Ukraine. Where is he when he is in Ukraine? It would be a stupid and irresponsible leader who wasn't hiding.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4562 on June 27, 2023, 06:59:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That was a test for you, BRR and your response was exactly as expected.  Well done.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4563 on June 27, 2023, 07:03:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He does seem to spend half his time outside Ukraine. Where is he when he is in Ukraine? It would be a stupid and irresponsible leader who wasn't hiding.

He didn't shite it and leave Kyiv, even when the Russia troops were on the outskirts.

Unlike Putin who ran off from Moscow when his old mate's forces were rolling up the M4.

Troll.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4564 on June 27, 2023, 08:11:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Putin true to form.

He's got to lash out at somebody to prove what a man he is.

So Russia have fired a missile into a restaurant in a city miles behind the front line.

What a miserable, cowardly excuse for a human.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4565 on June 27, 2023, 08:21:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1673760218608541696?cxt=HHwWgIC91aCDsrouAAAA

They are f**king barbarians. There isn't a pit of hell horrible enough for Putin and his cronies to rot in for all eternity.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 09:28:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4566 on June 28, 2023, 12:40:21 am by Bristol Red Rover »
That was a test for you, BRR and your response was exactly as expected.  Well done.
Test? That like being asked to stand in the sunshine, saying its warm and bright, and being told that's what was expected. Well, yeah...  are you making a point of any kind? Spit it out.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4567 on June 28, 2023, 12:46:04 am by Bristol Red Rover »

He didn't shite it and leave Kyiv, even when the Russia troops were on the outskirts.

Unlike Putin who ran off from Moscow when his old mate's forces were rolling up the M4.

Troll.
Shitting it isn't the point. Just a dafty then isn't he. Tho being generous, maybe he had no idea where to run to.

Trog.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 12:50:45 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4568 on June 28, 2023, 12:53:51 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Putin true to form.

He's got to lash out at somebody to prove what a man he is.

So Russia have fired a missile into a restaurant in a city miles behind the front line.

What a miserable, cowardly excuse for a human.
Yep, it's all shite eh! However, I've still not heard you condemn a single Ukraine atrocity. "Come on you Yellow!"

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4569 on June 28, 2023, 11:11:37 am by ncRover »
I don’t think anyone knows what is going on do they?

Prigozhin exiled to Belarus but no charges being pressed for mutiny. Russians strongly believe in the need for a “strong leader for a strong Russia”. You would have thought that Putin would have arrested or executed him for treason and as a show of his strength. Or was it a plan to flush out his internal doubters? Unlikely as Prigozhin has been an open critic of Putin. A sentiment that is now likely on the rise with the Russian public. Putin appears to just trying to be carrying on like nothing happened.

“Putin has offered Prigozhin's fighters the choice of either coming under Russian military command, leaving service or going to Belarus.”

These mercenary fighters are better trained, better paid and have better equipment than the  standard Russian army. The Russian offensive will be a lot weaker without them.

After some reading I think we need to be careful what we wish for with Russia. A civil war in a country with a nuclear arsenal would be an existential threat. There isn’t a Russian Kier Starmer waiting in the wings. Russia only had democracy between 1991-1999 and it was a period of weakness for them. They are taught in school that a strong leader is required or the country would see a return to the “Time of Troubles” (1598-1613) where there was widespread famine and invasions from neighbouring countries.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4570 on June 28, 2023, 10:45:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, here's the head of the entire Russian armed forces in Ukraine looking like he's pissed up, slurring an entreaty to Wagner troops.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672357331663765504

But yeah. NATO.

Looks like the purge has begun.

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1674142419208503296?s=20

Surovikin obviously wasn't convincing enough when he gave that pissed up denunciation of Prigozhin.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4571 on June 29, 2023, 01:32:29 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Prigozhin exiled to Belarus but no charges being pressed for mutiny. Russians strongly believe in the need for a “strong leader for a strong Russia”. You would have thought that Putin would have arrested or executed him for treason and as a show of his strength. Or was it a plan to flush out his internal doubters? Unlikely as Prigozhin has been an open critic of Putin. A sentiment that is now likely on the rise with the Russian public. Putin appears to just trying to be carrying on like nothing happened.

“Putin has offered Prigozhin's fighters the choice of either coming under Russian military command, leaving service or going to Belarus.”

These mercenary fighters are better trained, better paid and have better equipment than the  standard Russian army. The Russian offensive will be a lot weaker without them.

After some reading I think we need to be careful what we wish for with Russia. A civil war in a country with a nuclear arsenal would be an existential threat. There isn’t a Russian Kier Starmer waiting in the wings. Russia only had democracy between 1991-1999 and it was a period of weakness for them. They are taught in school that a strong leader is required or the country would see a return to the “Time of Troubles” (1598-1613) where there was widespread famine and invasions from neighbouring countries.
As far as I can see,  about 8k Wagner went to Belarus, 15k to 25k are still with Russia and are being integrated into Russian forces.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4572 on June 29, 2023, 02:21:04 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Meanwhile, here's the head of the entire Russian armed forces in Ukraine looking like he's pissed up, slurring an entreaty to Wagner troops.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672357331663765504

But yeah. NATO.

Looks like the purge has begun.

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1674142419208503296?s=20

Surovikin obviously wasn't convincing enough when he gave that pissed up denunciation of Prigozhin.

Biden can do much the same in performance without a drink. What a dude. And Zelensky can do a cracking coke performance. Without taking coke, of course. Sunak is meanwhile buying up millions of Wonky Bars in the hope of winning a golden ticket. Morrisons are bemused.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4573 on June 29, 2023, 07:47:04 am by ncRover »

As far as I can see,  about 8k Wagner went to Belarus, 15k to 25k are still with Russia and are being integrated into Russian forces.

Why no punishment for Prigozhin?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4574 on June 29, 2023, 07:32:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

We don't know if he's been punished financially. Could well be future plans for punishment, but, right now, how useful is he for Russia?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4575 on June 29, 2023, 09:17:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Why are we talking about Ukraine anyway? According to Biden Russia's invading Iraq.

Bloody hell, next year's US Election will probably be between a convicted criminal and someone who doesn't know what f*cking planet he's on.

That's even worse than the two duffers we've got to choose between in our GE next year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:19:39 pm by scawsby steve »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4576 on June 29, 2023, 09:50:06 pm by Nudga »

All his mates are going to his gaff though, Bono, Sean Penn, Ben Stiller and now Greta Kitsonberg

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4577 on June 30, 2023, 01:35:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Could be a horrific issue on the horizon.

Reports that the Russians have mined the Zaporizhzha nuclear reactors and are planning to destroy them as a "look how f**king out of control we can be if you push us" scorched earth policy.

This would be by a million miles the biggest war crime in history.

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1674676657829953536?s=20

From 5 July, there are easterly winds forecast for Zaporizhzhia for several days...

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4578 on June 30, 2023, 04:18:28 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Could be a horrific issue on the horizon.

Reports that the Russians have mined the Zaporizhzha nuclear reactors and are planning to destroy them as a "look how f**king out of control we can be if you push us" scorched earth policy.

This would be by a million miles the biggest war crime in history.

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1674676657829953536?s=20

From 5 July, there are easterly winds forecast for Zaporizhzhia for several days...
Russia has been closing it down. Obviously the safest thing to do when Ukraine was launching attacks in that area, as well as shelling it directly with imprecise equipment, or at the very least, nearby. Either way, whatever your newsfeed, it's not going to be a Chernobyl. Other nuke plants may be. And then there's the UK supplied depleted uranium shells, or what's left of them. .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4579 on June 30, 2023, 05:25:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah, I know the Kremlin line is "We are closing it down as we expect a deliberate attack on the plant by Ukraine forces."

Because, of course it would be in Ukraine's interests to blow up Europe's biggest nuclear power station on their own soil. Just as of course it was in Ukraine's interests to destroy the Nova Kakhovka dam.

Do you EVER examine your soul when you are pouring out this unprocessed Kremlin propaganda?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4580 on June 30, 2023, 08:20:55 pm by ncRover »

We don't know if he's been punished financially. Could well be future plans for punishment, but, right now, how useful is he for Russia?

This is why I added the historical context on my first post.

Surely Putin would make a show of punishing him if was going to?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4581 on June 30, 2023, 08:35:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just in case anyone had any doubts about the barbarity of the people that matter in Russia.

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1674828349150052355?s=20

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4582 on July 02, 2023, 02:12:01 pm by wilts rover »
Interesting if true:

The Armed Forces of Ukraine will try to develop a counteroffensive and break through the Russian defense in order to show the result before the NATO summit in Vilnius on July 11-12.

This was stated by the President of Serbia, Vučić, on Prva. According to him, a major offensive operation of Ukraine will begin tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

"I am now expecting a major offensive by Ukraine in two directions – one towards Bakhmut, the second, much larger, towards Enerhodar and Melitopol. I think they have prepared several dozen brigades and will break through the Russian defense," he added.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1675486865636442113

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4583 on July 03, 2023, 09:55:25 am by Bristol Red Rover »
It is what Ukraine does, throws effort and caution to the wind to impress its investors/sponsors. Worrying given that already they've lost huge numbers of troops in the "greatest ever counter offensive". Throwing more to the slaughter just to get weapons to replace what they've lost,  and escalate with new ones,  and escalate with NATO troops into West Ukraine is not going to change the course of this war to anything positive for Ukraine people. It will kill more Ukrainians,  tens of thousands more.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4584 on July 03, 2023, 09:57:01 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Just in case anyone had any doubts about the barbarity of the people that matter in Russia.

Barbary in what way?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4585 on July 03, 2023, 12:26:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Barbary in what way?

If you really need me to tell you, you are an idiot.

If you don't really need me to tell you, you are a troll.

I'm done. I've only put three people on ignore in here in all the time I've been on, but you're now the 4th.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4586 on July 03, 2023, 12:31:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For the record, here's three of the dozen or so people who were killed in that missile attack on the Kramatorsk city centre.

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1674001541450158081

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1675649895464566785

That's what Russian generals say makes them sing with delight.

That's what BRR and the Kremlin fan boys ignore.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4587 on July 03, 2023, 01:54:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »
BRR is this forum's very own Russian Bot.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4588 on July 03, 2023, 05:53:52 pm by wilts rover »

He is actually an old trot who believes everything the west, UK/US/NATO does in their foreign policy is wrong and we should look to appease Russia. As the old left did during the Cold War up to the Hungarian Uprising in 1956. And some continued to do afterwards because they couldn't believe what they were seeing either and refused to change the beliefs they had held all their lives.

End result is the same tho.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4589 on July 04, 2023, 03:34:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

He is actually an old trot who believes everything the west, UK/US/NATO does in their foreign policy is wrong and we should look to appease Russia. As the old left did during the Cold War up to the Hungarian Uprising in 1956. And some continued to do afterwards because they couldn't believe what they were seeing either and refused to change the beliefs they had held all their lives.

End result is the same tho.
Off the mark, but stay with the narrative you need if that brings you comfort.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012