Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:09:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who Got Thrown out At Hartlepool?  (Read 39956 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Who Got Thrown out At Hartlepool?
« Reply #30 on October 13, 2012, 07:16:10 pm by DonnyNoel »
Interesting if thats the case, and not the first time I've known seating cause trouble.

Personally I'm backing the bloke standing up - its a football match, people stand up, accept it or f&ck off! Come on... lets ave yer then yer fat arsed sitters!

Why does anyone need backing? Are we planning on continuing the aggro at future games? Team Standing vs Team Sitting?

Besides, the cause of the argument is irrelevant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 13, 2012, 07:31:29 pm by MrFrost »
Outbreaks of violence happen every week at games up and down the country. Why should we be an exception to this rule? Football, alcohol and passion on the terraces don't mix.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 13, 2012, 07:33:11 pm by dickos1 »
Outbreaks of violence happen every week at games up and down the country. Why should we be an exception to this rule? Football, alcohol and passion on the terraces don't mix.

Well it's the first time I've ever seen anything like that in 20 years

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 13, 2012, 07:40:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It wasn't that much just a couple of ppl arguing then made worse by stewards wading in.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 13, 2012, 07:41:51 pm by MrFrost »

I've seen it plenty of times. Whether it is between our own fans, rival fans, in the stadium, outside, in a boozer. You'll never get rid of it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 13, 2012, 07:54:33 pm by hoolahoop »

I've seen it plenty of times. Whether it is between our own fans, rival fans, in the stadium, outside, in a boozer. You'll never get rid of it.

Me too dozens of times , where have you been hiding dickos ?  :blink: :boxing:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 13, 2012, 07:57:13 pm by Donnywolf »
May be the same "fans" that s**t and then smeared it on the wall @ Orients Ground ?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 13, 2012, 08:00:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
May be the same "fans" that s**t and then smeared it on the wall @ Orients Ground ?
From whats being said, I can see no basis to connect these two incidents.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 13, 2012, 08:01:07 pm by Mr1Croft »
I didn't go (had to accompany the wife to Meadowhall) but after speaking to a few who went I've been told that an argument sparked between 2 fans, and from that it escalated when the police and stewards intervened, apparently (as I say I didn't go so don't know how true this is) some of the police and stewards were very heavy handed which caused other Rovers fans (possibly mates if the two arguing) to enter the fray to try and stop the manhandling. I've been told at least one was arrested.

From what I've been told it sounds like something little has happened, and (which is too common for my liking) the stewards who think they have some sort of power have dived in (backed by the police) when perhaps a more cautious approach would have sufficed. As I say however I wasn't there and my opinion is only formed from what I've been told.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 13, 2012, 08:02:21 pm by jucyberry »
But surely the woman who paid for her seat was charged as much as the bloke sitting? Doesn't that give her as much right to a view as the fellow infront?

I know that most supporters prefer to stand but in a seated stadium built strictly for the purpose of safety until there is a change in legisation and standing areas are allowed there will always be people being irritated by those getting in the way of the view that they too have paid for.

It's hardly something to start a brawl over and at the risk of sounding like mother, manners go a long way.  ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 13, 2012, 08:06:45 pm by hoolahoop »

If so they need naming and shaming for the Orient affair, by the sounds of it these are another bunch of idiots. Must agree with another poster though some of these 'sitters' do my box in at away games.......miserable gets. They kill any chance of an atmosphere.  :chair:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 13, 2012, 08:08:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
You don't pay for a view, you pay for a place ie a seat and the sapce immediately around it. I agree re it being unnecessary to have a brawl about it. But I think this is a problem with all seater areas. If there's standing AND seating the solution to this disagreement is clear.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 13, 2012, 08:09:14 pm by Red wizard »
I was right behind it all. First off it wasn't the stone Island brigade. Why that matter anyway as i wear Stone Island and i never cause any bother. A lad was arguing don't know why, same lad the agued with another kid who stands at the back and knocks around with that blonde bird who got beat up at Bradford pa. Anyway he told the lad to come here and say somthing, lad did he got him by the neck. It was hand bags at first the all the stewards came flying in and it just went mad. One lass got punched by a copper and stewards got hit. Never seen anything like it at Rovers for years. 7 aresst. One being for a lad who ran on the pitch when we scored.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 13, 2012, 08:11:23 pm by MachoMadness »
Worth noting that the Hartlepool fans are picking up on it:

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46842

See, there's one particular poster on there who seems like he can't wait to tar all Yorkshire football fans with the same brush (post from another thread: "Typical Yorkshire fans, inbreeding, infighting. Awful bunch of humans. Kudos to the steward who ran straight in there, had one by the neck, was getting punches from 2 others yet still managed to swing a few back and grab another. He then went down after tripping over a seat and still never let go"). You can bet that a few others will be thinking like that, too, and speaking from a practical point of view, that makes us less appealing for families who'll come and buy a programme, a drink and a pie each. That kind of thing matters now we've got these FFP rules in play.

Even if those fans fighting today have never been to a Rovers game before in their lives there will always be some who can't wait to put the boot into our club and you'd hope that the club can do a lot to distance themselves from it, because we certainly have never had a reputation for being d**kheads before and we don't want one now. Life bans for anyone who was involved today, you'd hope. It's 2012, who the f**k starts fighting his fellow fans on the terraces anymore?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 13, 2012, 08:13:05 pm by dickos1 »
So you've seen a steward get smacked before? Cause I haven't, and people swinging for the police?
I certainly haven't.
On this occasion the police and stewards were right to come over, some guy had another by the scruff of the neck and it was about to kick off.
The slagging match had been going on for 5-10 mins, they were all bladdered the chants as it was happening made it all the more embarrassing.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 13, 2012, 08:13:12 pm by MrFrost »
Sounds like Luton away several years ago, when the stewards did their best to antagonize fans and came off worse.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 13, 2012, 08:13:26 pm by PaulRover08 »
I didn't go (had to accompany the wife to Meadowhall) but after speaking to a few who went I've been told that an argument sparked between 2 fans, and from that it escalated when the police and stewards intervened, apparently (as I say I didn't go so don't know how true this is) some of the police and stewards were very heavy handed which caused other Rovers fans (possibly mates if the two arguing) to enter the fray to try and stop the manhandling. I've been told at least one was arrested.

From what I've been told it sounds like something little has happened, and (which is too common for my liking) the stewards who think they have some sort of power have dived in (backed by the police) when perhaps a more cautious approach would have sufficed. As I say however I wasn't there and my opinion is only formed from what I've been told.

I agree with the usual heavy handed stewards comment but on this occasion they had to be and were reacting to the idiots' behaviour, not causing it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 13, 2012, 08:14:08 pm by MrFrost »
So you've seen a steward get smacked before? Cause I haven't, and people swinging for the police?
I certainly haven't.
On this occasion the police and stewards were right to come over, some guy had another by the scruff of the neck and it was about to kick off.
The slagging match had been going on for 5-10 mins, they were all bladdered the chants as it was happening made it all the more embarrassing.

You weren't at Luton a few years ago when the stewards got a good hiding?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 13, 2012, 08:14:28 pm by dickos1 »
Sounds like Luton away several years ago, when the stewards did their best to antagonize fans and came off worse.
Nothing to do with the stewards, they were just doing their job.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 13, 2012, 08:15:27 pm by dickos1 »
Frosty it has nothing to do with the stewards, why you going on about them, a fight broke out they came to break it up. It's their job, they were far from heavy handed.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 13, 2012, 08:16:25 pm by Red wizard »
Tbf had the steward not gone in so heavy handed it would never of kicked off. Started off as handbags the went to a full scale ruck.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 13, 2012, 08:17:04 pm by Red wizard »
Frosty it has nothing to do with the stewards, why you going on about them, a fight broke out they came to break it up. It's their job, they were far from heavy handed.
A fight never broke out. At no point did any Rovers fans hit one another.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 13, 2012, 08:17:20 pm by RedArmy »
as daft as it sounds when the "trouble" started the rovers fans did get more vocal in a certain respect, could this off spurred the team on to try that bit harder? who knows, just a thought!

Also i believe the stewards were very over the top with the way they went about it, but some people may have a little less to drink in future.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 13, 2012, 08:17:26 pm by MrFrost »

I was commenting on the fact you said you have never seen a steward assaulted. It has happened plenty of times. Depends what version of events you listen to with this incident. Some saying the stewards were out of order. Someone says a lass got assaulted by a copper. That is going to wind people up, regardless of what happened in the original incident.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 13, 2012, 08:19:23 pm by dickos1 »
It had been going on for 5-10 mins as handbags, I was about ten seats away then when he grabbed the fella by the neck that's when the stewards came over which was necessary in my opinion.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 13, 2012, 08:20:34 pm by dickos1 »
Only person I saw get smacked was the steward.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 13, 2012, 08:21:14 pm by Red wizard »
It had been going on for 5-10 mins as handbags, I was about ten seats away then when he grabbed the fella by the neck that's when the stewards came over which was necessary in my opinion.

Rovers fans had got involved at that point and would of stopped any fighting imo. Now the club will get a fine as the stewards was heavy handed and made it all kick off.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 13, 2012, 08:23:20 pm by Red wizard »
Only person I saw get smacked was the steward.
The steward who got hit was saying to the lad, come on come on the lad was ducking and diving like he was on wi boxing game throwing punches and conecting twice. Why he was ducking and diving is beond me as the steward wasn't throwing punches back.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 13, 2012, 08:27:23 pm by esdailles left foot »
we all know who these dicks are, the 2 shandy brigade. so surely the club does too. time to feck 'em off

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 13, 2012, 08:28:27 pm by dickos1 »
Rovers fans were trying and failing to stop it the whole time, the one bloke who was grabbed by the throat  was being verbally abused by fans at the back of the stand too, knock your teeth out etc.
But he just wouldn't shut up the guy, too pissed.
Just don't think we can blame the stewards on this occasion, even at the end near the toilets there were young lads speaking to the stewards and police like they were some kind of gangster.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012