Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:28:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps  (Read 4698 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Copps
« on October 17, 2012, 09:51:55 pm by mushRTID »
Anyone in the know at all, is he coming back in jan or what??

Doesn't seem to be going well at Forest and he could be a big player 2nd half of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Re: Copps
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2012, 10:24:02 pm by donnyallday »
Fingers crossed mush lad

Its time he came home.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2012, 10:29:56 pm by mushRTID »
Your first line sums it up, personally I don't think he still wants to play for us.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2012, 10:32:47 pm by MachoMadness »
Well we all know he wants to play in the Championship, but he isn't really playing there at the moment is he? Depends what he thinks is better for his career, but I don't think warming the bench is that good for him. I'm sure he'd rather be here, playing, than sat on the bench at a higher level. He's just what we need, a bit of creativity and someone to give us more options going forward.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2012, 10:43:08 pm by Red wizard »
If its him or Hume then its Hume for me. As good as Copps is I just don't think he want to play for our manager.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2012, 11:33:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'd have both in an ideal world.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 18, 2012, 12:00:04 am by podrover73 »
Think it would be Mr Saunders decision

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 18, 2012, 07:50:38 am by Metalmicky »
Think it would be Mr Saunders decision

I agree...........................

"an underlying friction between the two" - based on what exactly?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 18, 2012, 07:51:40 am by Wellred »
Still a lot of clairvoyants on here I see.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 18, 2012, 10:50:43 am by Norfolk N Chance »
suppose either him or hume given the wages/turnover ruling.

Hume for me sorry!

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 18, 2012, 10:53:36 am by Bald Rover »
From what Ive seen of Hume then if it was a choice I`d take him over Copps.....love Copps to bits but I think he would have gone a lot further in his career if he had more consistancy to his game!

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 18, 2012, 04:15:05 pm by nice one rovers »
My source ITK told me when copps went, that he was brought in to help convey Sean's methods of working over to the forest players in training. So it's probably not that important that he plays competitively.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 18, 2012, 04:27:46 pm by Wellred »
My source ITK told me when copps went, that he was brought in to help convey Sean's methods of working over to the forest players in training. So it's probably not that important that he plays competitively.

Doesn't say much for the Manager then when he has to bring someone else in to get his methods of working over to his players.
Now we know what he meant when he said he didn't think it was his job to motivate the players when he was here.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 18, 2012, 04:44:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What are the odds? ;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 18, 2012, 04:48:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Doesn't say much for the Manager then when he has to bring someone else in to get his methods of working over to his players.
Now we know what he meant when he said he didn't think it was his job to motivate the players when he was here.

You have to bear in mind that he hasn't got ROK as his assistant at Forest...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 18, 2012, 05:01:14 pm by glosterred »
For me it is can we afford to have him back? With a 70% fall in the money available for the squad and with him being one of the high earners, we could not afford to keep at the start of the season, could we afford to have him back for the last half of the season?

COYR

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 18, 2012, 06:35:20 pm by drfcsteve »

I've noticed Wellred you only ever post when you have the opportunity to either

A) Have a go at other people's spelling or grammar/be pedantic OR
B) Have a go at the old manager.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 18, 2012, 07:19:16 pm by Wellred »

I've noticed Wellred you only ever post when you have the opportunity to either

A) Have a go at other people's spelling or grammar/be pedantic OR
B) Have a go at the old manager.

You must be suffering from selective vision then pal. Or maybe you suffer from dyslexia?
Or maybe you choose not to read my posts where I praise the existing regime because it doesn't suit you.
I will admit however I hate it when posters cannot write properly and I do take the opportunity to correct them. Sorry if you feel that is being pedantic.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 18, 2012, 07:21:47 pm by NickDRFC »

So you're happy to take what this chap says as gospel, however whenever someone has the nerve to suggest he wasn't happy with Saunders he's a "clairvoyant"?

Double standards?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 18, 2012, 07:24:43 pm by Wellred »

So you're happy to take what this chap says as gospel, however whenever someone has the nerve to suggest he wasn't happy with Saunders he's a "clairvoyant"?

Double standards?

Want to explain that one?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 18, 2012, 07:39:29 pm by dickos1 »

Don't be daft.. Coppinger wouldnt have gone forest just to help sod deliver his instructions.
Absurd

scarbrook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 18, 2012, 07:59:31 pm by scarbrook »
He hates Saunders but loves Donny.....My source?......Spoke to him in Newcastle last Saturday,He was having a few with a Mr Billy Sharp.
I would say thats a decent source.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 18, 2012, 08:13:06 pm by NickDRFC »

Double standards?

It would be my pleasure.

People think that Coppinger doesn't see eye to eye with Saunders because several people on here have suggested that is the case; you called those people "clairvoyants"

Then, someone "ITK" suggests that Copps went to Forest to get O'Driscoll's training methods across. Rather than question the reasonableness of his thoughts, you instead took them at face value and used it as an opportunity to criticise O'Driscoll.

My question was therefore:

Does this not indicate double standards?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 18, 2012, 08:18:18 pm by nice one rovers »
 :zzz:

Double standards?

It would be my pleasure.

People think that Coppinger doesn't see eye to eye with Saunders because several people on here have suggested that is the case; you called those people "clairvoyants"

Then, someone "ITK" suggests that Copps went to Forest to get O'Driscoll's training methods across. Rather than question the reasonableness of his thoughts, you instead took them at face value and used it as an opportunity to criticise O'Driscoll.

I'm off to watch strictly. :zzz:

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 18, 2012, 08:28:50 pm by Sticky-Rover »
Copps is excellent, but we aren't exactly struggling without him.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 18, 2012, 09:01:49 pm by Wellred »

Double standards?

It would be my pleasure.

OK let me try and explain to you.
1. Everybody seems to know/guess/think they know what Copps thinks. Maybe they are clairvoyant. (Someone who claims to know what is in other peoples minds)
2. My reply about Copps going to Forest to help the Manager explain things in training was tongue in cheek (Maybe you didn't get the humour)

No double standards there at all.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 18, 2012, 09:17:26 pm by wilts rover »
Isn't Copps going to Ipswich to work for their tourist board? Or was that Benaldo? I forget now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2012, 05:32:11 pm by Filo »
Unused sub again today

TinyPortal © 2005-2012