Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:53:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelukan Free  (Read 3920 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Adelukan Free
« on May 02, 2024, 02:04:08 pm by Michael Shaw »
To be a free agent. Can we do the business?

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/02/doncaster-rovers-loan-ace-released-by-efl-side-will-become-free-agent/

Does day he s a free agent so we can sign him.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:06:24 pm by Michael Shaw »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Adelukan Free
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2024, 02:09:19 pm by donnievic »
All depends wot he gets offered elsewhere

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2024, 02:09:43 pm by Michael Shaw »
The board know he is the player the fans want most. We'll have to wait and see what happens as always.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2024, 02:11:36 pm by philsky »
Moly
Hak
TLT

Cheerd

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2024, 02:13:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Heard on a YouTube vlog, that Mansfield fans reckon he's signing for them, although I've not seen owt on the Mansfield fans forum.

There's bound to be loads of speculation. We hope he's just focused on these next 3 games.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2024, 02:13:45 pm by dknward2 »
Think he will have a choice of most league 1 clubs maybe waiting to see if we go up if we do think we will have the best chance of signing him if we don't then I think he will go elsewhere sorry to say, also thinking the same thing about Luke

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2024, 02:19:31 pm by Michael Shaw »
I am confident Rovers will be in league one next season, and that might be enough for Hak to want to stay with us.
I think TLT has been very much unrecognised for his valuable contribution this half season.
Personally, I hope we can keep as many of this current first IX together as possible for next season.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2024, 02:33:45 pm by Dabbermoo »
He told me it wouldn't matter if donny are league 1 or 2 if that is the option he takes, like I said in another thread he said he will get to the end of the season and switch off from football and leave it to his agent. I would love him to stay just as much as I would love TLT and Craig to stay but I do belive the latter 2 will depend on if we are league 1 or 2. If TB wants what he has stated then Hakeeb is the type of player we need to have in our sights and do our upmost to get them in, get them playing and drive us up that league table.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2024, 02:42:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
"switch off from football and leave it to is agent".

That sounds ominous, depressing, and other adjectives I haven't including.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2024, 02:45:00 pm by normal rules »
He has very much been part of this tremendous and quite frankly un believable change in form. It would be a travesty if his services were not secured for next season. Which ever league rovers end up in .

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2024, 02:46:08 pm by Reg of the Rovers »

If true, we've got very little chance then. Part of our attraction will be how well Haks has done here, and how appreciated he is by the fans. An agent won't factor that in - it'll be a purely financial consideration, in which case someone will be able to out-muscle us.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2024, 02:50:45 pm by Paul Simpson »
Whatever happens Haks has made a huge contribution to our miraculous turnaround. I for 1 am grateful for our playoff place. I’m sure Grant will have another ACE up his sleeve if Haks goes elsewhere. Just enjoy the ride imo

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2024, 03:56:33 pm by Dabbermoo »

It does but it also doesn't mean he won't stay, he's said he loves it here, he plays with freedom and has creative freedom to play to his strengths which I belive he has done massively. I had the opportunity to talk to him about this at the sponsors dinner before the Gillingham game. It didn't work out for him at Lincoln due to how they play and he didn't feel treated right which is a completely different situation he is in now at donny. It also needs to make financial sense to him as it does with all players so its down to what can we offer as a club that is better than other clubs can offer.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 02, 2024, 03:57:24 pm by mushRTID »
It feels pretty nailed on both Moly and Haks are off if we don’t go up, doesn’t it?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 02, 2024, 06:15:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
We don’t know what will happen do we, really? I have faith in the management having lots of irons in the fire for next season.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 02, 2024, 08:55:22 pm by Alan Southstand »
Surely it’s not just about the money, though, is it? As described above, he didn’t ‘fit’ at Lincoln and, according to him, they didn’t treat him right. So, we have, at the very least, got 2 out of 3 issues in our favour. Yes, he probably can get exactly what he wants elsewhere, but will he have the same satisfaction, in a football sense?

It’s not always about the money and if it is, then good luck to him, but don’t moan if it’s not working out.

If we can offer him enough to tip the balance of the complete package our way, I think he’ll sign. If not, we move on.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 02, 2024, 09:00:14 pm by drfcsteve »
I think at this level it probably is more about the money. Players at this level aren’t likely to be multi-millionaires like in the upper leagues. I have no idea what we would offer but say as an example we offered 4k a week and someone came in offering 6k a week he’d be mad not to take the extra 100k a year salary.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 02, 2024, 09:18:12 pm by ForsolongaRover »
He’s clicked here in a way which has never happened before, but arguably only because we have shaped our attack around him. Perhaps another club with plenty of money will take him on as a luxury item, but it seems to me that you cannot just stick him in a team and expect him to play any kind of conventional role any better than Mr Average.

Clubs that do their homework will recognise this. I’d say too that his lack of previous success and history beyond League 1 and time working with McCann (when he returned his best goals per game at Hull) are strong factors in Rovers favour.

If there are more attractive offers will he choose money over job satisfaction?

95 games and 8 goals in 6 years from leaving Scunthorpe to coming here compares with 9 goals in 19 games here.

A footballer surely wants to play football in a team under a manager with whom he’s happy and successful in his work.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 02, 2024, 09:51:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It feels pretty nailed on both Moly and Haks are off if we don’t go up, doesn’t it?

Agree with that mush.

Footballers have a short career & all that

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 02, 2024, 10:38:54 pm by GazLaz »
He’s clicked here in a way which has never happened before, but arguably only because we have shaped our attack around him. Perhaps another club with plenty of money will take him on as a luxury item, but it seems to me that you cannot just stick him in a team and expect him to play any kind of conventional role any better than Mr Average.

Clubs that do their homework will recognise this. I’d say too that his lack of previous success and history beyond League 1 and time working with McCann (when he returned his best goals per game at Hull) are strong factors in Rovers favour.

If there are more attractive offers will he choose money over job satisfaction?

95 games and 8 goals in 6 years from leaving Scunthorpe to coming here compares with 9 goals in 19 games here.

A footballer surely wants to play football in a team under a manager with whom he’s happy and successful in his work.

It’s been a perfect storm situation during his spell here hasn’t it (of which he’s played a monumental part before anyone thinks I’m being negative). Part of a vast steam improvement, playing for a manager that knows how to man manage him and has given him freedom, nearly everything he has hit has gone in, he’s been playing with the “playing for my next contract boost”.

We obviously have to offer him a deal whatever league we are on. He’s unlikely to score a goal every other game next season though and we shouldn’t pay over the odds obviously. He is in a really strong position when it comes to negotiation.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 03, 2024, 05:13:01 am by colincramb »
Let’s just wait and see what the next 3 weeks brings. The outcome of that will determine what kind of chance we’ve got.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 03, 2024, 08:54:27 am by ravenrover »
Correct me please but when he was posed the question did he say "the best player in an average club" not "an average player at the best club" ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 03, 2024, 09:09:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
His agents job is to provide him with as many options as possible so he can decide what's best for him. All those factors mentioned above come into play but we have no way of knowing what's in his head. We can only put ourselves in the best position to give him plenty to think about.

I would imagine McCann is ahead of the game and is more aware of the likely outcomes for Haks and Moly which are already likely to be factored in to next seasons budget, whether they stay or go. Hopefully quality over quantity over the summer.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 03, 2024, 09:32:30 am by Colin C No.3 »
Trying not to get ahead of myself but, getting promoted via the playoffs after winning a Final at Wembley IS in my opinion (apart from going up as Champions) the next best way to get promotion.

For Haks & Moly, playing (& winning) at Wembley will be THE best moment in their careers & as they celebrate with the people & fans who have shared that journey with them such moments have to weigh heavily in our favour when it comes to their decisions on where they want to play their football next season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 03, 2024, 09:42:02 am by Filo »
Trying not to get ahead of myself but, getting promoted via the playoffs after winning a Final at Wembley IS in my opinion (apart from going up as Champions) the next best way to get promotion.

For Haks & Moly, playing (& winning) at Wembley will be THE best moment in their careers & as they celebrate with the people & fans who have shared that journey with them such moments have to weigh heavily in our favour when it comes to their decisions on where they want to play their football next season.

You could have said that about Greeny, but he pissed off anyway

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 03, 2024, 09:52:01 am by Ryaldinhio »
Let's not forget that we will be paying a chunk if his wages now, and I doubt Lincoln will have wanted to pick up much if any of the bill for someone they were releasing so I expect we have been paying 60-70% upwards?

He has been great in this spell but if you look at his overall stats, especially when not with GM, they aren't great.

I trust grant to find another Haks if he doesn't want to sign and that is the important bit for me, signing people that WANT to be here, not outbiding other clubs.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 03, 2024, 10:21:15 am by Barmby Rover »
It is his call, if he chooses to go elsewhere good luck to him, he has done well here, just like Marquis the grass is not always greener.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 03, 2024, 10:25:47 am by ForsolongaRover »

You could have said that about Greeny, but he pissed off anyway

Derby were newly relegated from the PL and were probably seen as having the resources to get back there and able to offer terms far better than Rovers would be able to. PG was a player who excelled at League 1 level and showed the ability to be a top midfielder in the Championship.

Molyneux may have the potential to shine in League 1, but is there evidence that he would do the same in the Championship? He showed ability, but not always good judgment here in the first part of the season and has benefitted under good and accommodating management. Would it hurt him to re-sign with Rovers and if he continues to develop in League 1 (and promotion is an assumption which I am making whether justified or not, and will be critical). A genuine suitor would obviously then have to cough up a fee. Another factor which has probably helped him latterly is the attention that opposing defences have to pay to Adelukan. And 7 of his 9 goals have come since he lined up with Adelukan.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 03, 2024, 01:49:25 pm by RoversInSpain »
I only care about the next 3 games, a promotion would mean I wouldn’t be entirely worried if we kept Hak’s or Molyneux. They will have done the job and got us up a league.
We would then prepare for League 1.
Whose to say we’d want them, Hak’s hasn’t done much at Lincoln and Molyneux in all the time with us has only just delivered some performances.
If we don’t go up, they’ve proved they’d be influential in league 2 and I’d be gutted to lose them.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 03, 2024, 02:06:38 pm by jmt23 »
Can’t disagree more Roversinspain. Molly has been a constant performer, and was being asked to do a lot, even defensively for a while. He was THE standout player against Everton, causing them big problems.
As for Hak’s the man management of Grant is the key, he did a similar thing with Wilks.
They will be missed if they leave- I hope they will not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012