Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:16:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to get  (Read 3910 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Time to get
« on June 09, 2020, 08:28:18 pm by the vicar »
Behind the club now, what with so many players out of contract, the season being cut short, no money coming in what so ever since March, let's have a look at it. Never has it been more crucial for the fans to get behind OUR Club. It is going to be dragging it's arse along the floor, and it could spell the end of it.  It is a more desperate time than what Richardson left us in, so come on each and every one of us get behind it NOW.  OUR CLUB NEEDS US ALL we can start by pledging anything we can starting with our last three games we all need to donate it back to the club.  We could set up a fund save the Rovers where anyone can donate even if it is only 20p or we could raise funds in anyway we can, so come on stand up and be counted
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:33:06 pm by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Re: Time to get
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2020, 08:33:53 pm by phil old leake »
The club is a long long way away from the Richardson days
I do agree that it’s now the time to get behind the club and support it
For me the main issue is ensuring that the club is sustainable and not struggling to survive
I believe we are probably in a better position than a lot financially
Our problem is a lack of playing staff
If everything we read is accurate there should be an abundance of players looking for work
This could prove how good a manager DM is. Depending on his recruitment
Hopefully there will be some talent to pick up

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2020, 08:40:47 pm by the vicar »
I would not bet that the worst thing is the playing staff. The worst thing is going to be financial if the rest of the fa s ask for a refund and I can see quite a few then it could be a killer for the club, we can only wait and see what the response from the club is, but I bet it could be tough and go

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 09, 2020, 08:42:22 pm by the vicar »
If I was the club I would bring some of the youth through for 12 months and see where we are

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 09, 2020, 08:43:28 pm by drfchound »
Vicar, what makes you think that lots of fans will ask for refunds on the last three games of the season.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 09, 2020, 09:20:22 pm by knockers »
I think he’s pissed......again

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 09, 2020, 09:21:45 pm by the vicar »
I just think they will, if people don't get what they have paid for they will want the excess back it is human nature, plus I have had this out with 2/3 people already and got them to change their minds

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 09, 2020, 09:23:51 pm by the vicar »
will you go away you snivelling man I'm thinking about OUR CLUB HERE YOU Plonk go and pick on some else
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:26:13 pm by the vicar »

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 09, 2020, 09:26:13 pm by Prez »
I just think they will, if people don't get what they have paid for they will want the excess back it is human nature, plus I have had this out with 2/3 people already and got them to change their minds

Ok Ill go first. I wont be asking for a refund for the 3 games missed, I feel id be punishing the club even further if i did that, and ill be buying my season ticket next week.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 09, 2020, 09:27:04 pm by the vicar »
I have already done that

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 09, 2020, 10:23:30 pm by IDM »
I understand your sentiment vicar, but I think you are exaggerating.

I do not agree that the situation now is worse than the Richardson days.  In those days we were in a unique situation, whereas now all the clubs face the same challenges - and we face them together.

Playing out the rest of this season would have been financially crippling for many clubs and probably painful for us.

Now the season is ended those costs - without revenue of course - are null and void.

We will be in the same boat as most of all the other clubs leading up to next season, and I don’t doubt for one minute that we may as a club need to be more careful with the finances.

I might be wrong, but I don’t think we are at the point where we need a “save the rovers” type of funding.

I for one won’t be asking for a refund for missed ST games, nor for the additional Wimbledon match ticket I bought the day before that game was postponed.

Nowt wrong with your motives vicar but are things as bad as you describe.?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:31:33 pm by IDM »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 09, 2020, 10:23:58 pm by knockers »
will you go away you snivelling man I'm thinking about OUR CLUB HERE YOU Plonk go and pick on some else

You said we will be in a worse state than the Richardson years.
If that’s not drink talking ( or maybe just plain old stupidity) then I’m not sure what is.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 09, 2020, 10:58:45 pm by the vicar »

You said we will be in a worse state than the Richardson years.
If that’s not drink talking ( or maybe just plain old stupidity) then I’m not sure what is.

Look at this way - we've had no money coming in what so ever since March, we don't know when our next game with a paying crowd is going to be and a lot of fans could potentially ask for a refund for lost matches, which could kill the club, plus every club is in the same boat and quite a few clubs could go to the wall, us included. So please do not accuse me of being drunk over my opinion. It is worth just as much as yours. So do not judge me when all I'm doing is being concerned over the club that I and most on here love. And all this is why I say it could be bigger than the Richardson era 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 09, 2020, 11:10:51 pm by IDM »
The owners have put some cash in recently, haven’t they.?

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 09, 2020, 11:13:33 pm by Magicman »
yes but how long can they do that think about it IDM and dont dismiss the situation it is that dire for every club

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 09, 2020, 11:17:47 pm by Magicman »
I am in agreement with the vicar and also think most premiership clubs could help and the EFL, by the EFL allowing more loan players and the premier club letting clubs take there young players with no fee to get football going again
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 11:21:17 pm by Magicman »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 09, 2020, 11:21:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's still income coming in from Club Doncaster activities no doubt, but I would have thought this would also have been severely affected.

Perhaps only now the decision has been made to curtaul the club can realistically assess the full financial situation.

It's great to know fans are willing to support the club in anyway they can and I'm confident we are in good hands.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 09, 2020, 11:24:06 pm by IDM »
yes but how long can they do that think about it IDM and dont dismiss the situation it is that dire for every club

Easy tiger.!

Vicar said we had had no income, so I responded regarding the owners’ recent contribution.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree the situation is very serious for us, but for the OP to say it is worse than the Richardson era is surely an exaggeration.

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 09, 2020, 11:24:54 pm by Magicman »
There's still income coming in from Club Doncaster activities no doubt, but I would have thought this would also have been severely affected.

Perhaps only now the decision has been made to curtaul the club can realistically assess the full financial situation.

It's great to know fans are willing to support the club in anyway they can and I'm confident we are in good hands.
yes we are in good hands, but good hands can only span so far. Also most of the supporters of club doncaster will be in the same position financially as they have not had money coming in for a long time

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 09, 2020, 11:27:20 pm by Magicman »

yes we are in good hands, but good hands can only span so far. Also most of the supporters of club doncaster will be in the same position financially as they have not had money coming in for a long time
I didn't mean it to sound aggressive IDM, but some don't seem to think it is so serious but it is

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 09, 2020, 11:38:52 pm by IDM »
No worries, point taken..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 10, 2020, 07:51:49 am by since-1969 »
Behind the club now, what with so many players out of contract, the season being cut short, no money coming in what so ever since March, let's have a look at it.
Its never has it been more crucial for the fans to get behind OUR Club. It is going to be dragging it's arse along the floor, and it could spell the end of it.  It is a more desperate time than what Richardson left us in, so come on each and every one of us get behind it NOW.
 OUR CLUB NEEDS US ALL we can start by pledging anything we can starting with our last three games we all need to donate it back to the club.  We could set up a fund save the Rovers where anyone can donate even if it is only 20p or we could raise funds in anyway we can, so come on stand up and be counted
I understand your sentiment and see where coming from . DRFC has always had loyal support and it’s this that’s kept it going fir over 140 years . With fund raising being part of it genetics through Viking support or local branches of the supporters club . I doubt anyone is quibbling about the loss of a few £s due to tickets not being able to be honoured because of matches not having played or fulfilled ( the Bolton one sticks in my craw) but I don’t want my money back .
There maybe fans who have to stop and recalculate for those who bought 20/21 season tickets or have started to pay for season tickets to decided if they can still afford to continue, perhaps due to being furloughed or even made redundant .
 The club are honest and loyal to all of its supporters and WILL feel the need to take a more pragmatic look at its funding model and having knowledge of its supporters ticket information going forward IS possibly even more important now .
IMO there will be knock on effects at every club and players contracts will be effected , but we will be watching  a club next season who’s ambitions won’t have changed .
Maybe the club should sell off all 19/20 football related items to fund raise as this year 2020 will be marked for all time . Don’t forget loyal supporters who may have passed away due to the COVID-19 and mark a date in the next seasons calendar in some way . RTiD

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 10, 2020, 09:12:38 am by Magicman »
I respect what you say, but the club will be on the floor because of this, and so will every other league 0ne and two  club, and there is a good chance that quite a few will NOT come through the other side of the tunnel, and we could be one of them .  And the club will need help, especially as you say in your statement some people wont be able to get there season tickets ether through loss of life sadly with the virus, loss of there jobs, I'm not including furloughed people as they have been getting there pay in some cases more than there usual wages. So in your statement you strengthen the vicars words saying the club will be on its knees and all that what you and the vicar says makes it a lot worse than first stated

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 10, 2020, 09:28:23 am by IDM »
Furloughed people getting more than their current wages.? Pull the other one.!

I’m on furlough as is another adult member of our household.  I am a ST holder this season (don’t want any refund - I consider my payment “spent”).

However I buy a ST when I can afford it, not just the cost but also assuming I can afford the petrol (160+ mile round trip). 

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 10, 2020, 09:50:39 am by bedale rover »
I respect what you say, but the club will be on the floor because of this, and so will every other league 0ne and two  club, and there is a good chance that quite a few will NOT come through the other side of the tunnel, and we could be one of them .  And the club will need help, especially as you say in your statement some people wont be able to get there season tickets ether through loss of life sadly with the virus, loss of there jobs, I'm not including furloughed people as they have been getting there pay in some cases more than there usual wages. So in your statement you strengthen the vicars words saying the club will be on its knees and all that what you and the vicar says makes it a lot worse than first stated

I think the financial situation in leagues 1+2 are put in the shade compared to the disaster area that is the championship!
There must be clubs that are getting overdrafts on their overdrafts!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 10, 2020, 09:58:41 am by redarmy82 »

Why the dig at furloughed workers? And how are they getting paid more exactly?

Most are getting 80 percent of their usual wage and many won't have a job to go back to.

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 10, 2020, 11:05:26 am by Magicman »

Why the dig at furloughed workers? And how are they getting paid more exactly?

Most are getting 80 percent of their usual wage and many won't have a job to go back to.
where have I had a dig at furloughed workers not at all, my grandson is getting slightly more on it,or he was as he started back at work and I know a few in the same boat, but it was no way a DIG as you called it. And if they lose there job I feel very sorry for them as it's not there fault in anyway but that just strengthens my view as to what the vicar said as people wont be able to afford to go to the Rovers and that will impact on our club further.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:09:07 am by Magicman »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 10, 2020, 11:33:49 am by the vicar »
To be honest I don't think anyone has had a go at anyone as it I'd suppose to be a discussion between a group of people but some want it to be an argument

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 10, 2020, 11:48:12 am by northern soul »
As an option for people who do want their money for the 3 games, either offer a reduction on next year's ticket, or if they've already bought it, then the following years session ticket.
At least that's an option where the club actually keep the money.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 10, 2020, 11:48:40 am by silent majority »
I have to support the vicar on this particular topic as he is right to stress how serious this situation is for DRFC.

We've all had discussions with the club with regard to the financial strain that we are under, and it can't be understated just how difficult a time this is.

Again, when we start to roll out the plans that the club have been working on we could probably expand on that but for the time being just be patient, please.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012