Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:30:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 906368 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #9450 on January 20, 2021, 05:32:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton

Thanks for you question. I have absolutely zero interest in discussing it with you. Have fun.

BB. Thank you. Measured as ever.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9451 on January 20, 2021, 05:35:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No problem Albert. Enjoy your forum.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9452 on January 20, 2021, 05:42:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB. I'll say once again, as I often do, I'm happy to discuss anything with anyone who discusses in good faith.

With you, on this issue, it is utterly pointless. You have this deranged idea that I have praised actions by the Government on COVID, in order to provide cover for my "real" intention, which is to score points.

That's fine. You are welcome to have that opinion. Just don't expect me to treat you with any seriousness, or with any more respect than you have chosen to demonstrate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9453 on January 20, 2021, 05:53:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. My post was about people who embraced the Covid situation for political point-scoring. You weren't mentioned, but you took it upon yourself in your usual self-righteous, know-it-all, supercilious style to say NOBODY does that! Next thing, you twist the direction of the story by making out it was a personal attack on you! Now, whether that was a guilty response I don't know, but whatever it was quite a silly thing to say.

Remarkable, in fact.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9454 on January 20, 2021, 06:08:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB. You have regularly accused me of using the crisis to score points. Indeed, of deliberately praising the Government as a deliberate ploy to sneak in my point scoring later. If you are now saying that you don't actually believe any of that, and that I only criticise the Government when I have evidenced backup for what they have done, that I praise them when I think they have done things well, and you were actually talking about someone else, then grand. You only need to say the words.

And then point out where they have done it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9455 on January 20, 2021, 06:34:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, if you think NOBODY embraces the Covid situation in the UK to political point score, do you accept that also applies to people who comment on the state of the pandemic in other countries?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9456 on January 20, 2021, 06:37:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB. Tell you what buddy. Why don't YOU start off by giving some clear and unequivocal examples of where people have used the crisis to score political points. You've said it often enough, so you must have a folder full.

When you've done that, let's have a grown up chat.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9457 on January 20, 2021, 06:44:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So, post 9435 doesn't accuse someone of doing exactly that?

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #9458 on January 20, 2021, 06:51:13 pm by ian1980 »
I'm not sure about today's death figure. Sundays and Monday's death toll were quite low. I wonder if the figures have been delayed a bit more this week?

I would expect tomorrow’s figure to be lower, perhaps back below 1,000.

Hospitalisations are still increasing and that remains the greatest concern.

Probably not your greatest prediction River Don

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9459 on January 20, 2021, 06:57:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

That very much depends on your definition of "political". The post didn't say anything about "political point scoring". In the post it was referring to, Selby didn't seem to me to be "political point scoring"  Selby has spent years regaling us with problems in Germany. I assume he has deep issues with Germany. I don't see that as "political point scoring". I see it as unpleasant.

Now. These examples of yours that you must have? Only, I've had a busy day and I'd like to spend a bit of time with my kids this evening, so if you could just get to the point quickly, instead of wandering off?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9460 on January 20, 2021, 06:59:52 pm by belton rover »
Belton

Thanks for you question. I have absolutely zero interest in discussing it with you. Have fun.

BB. Thank you. Measured as ever.

That’s a shame.
I was looking forward to some mature discussion.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9461 on January 20, 2021, 07:16:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB.

That very much depends on your definition of "political". The post didn't say anything about "political point scoring". In the post it was referring to, Selby didn't seem to me to be "political point scoring"  Selby has spent years regaling us with problems in Germany. I assume he has deep issues with Germany. I don't see that as "political point scoring". I see it as unpleasant.

Now. These examples of yours that you must have? Only, I've had a busy day and I'd like to spend a bit of time with my kids this evening, so if you could just get to the point quickly, instead of wandering off?
Yes, it does depend very much on my definition of political points scoring, and I define the response to Selby's post in post 9435 as being one that accused him of political points scoring, and worse, celebrating people's deaths. Now, if someone had accused you, or one of your disciples of that, you'd have been the first to condemn them. But, alas you said nowt! Was that a political decision or what!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9462 on January 20, 2021, 07:33:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
Why on earth should I have condemned that post? I've just said clearly, with reasons, why I didn't think political point scoring was either the point of  Selby's post or the theme of the post you refer to.

Now. Have you got any examples of what I was actually asking you about.

And, "disciples". Jesus f**king wept...

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9463 on January 20, 2021, 07:45:11 pm by Janso »
Hate to wade into a discussion about something I posted but I didn't actually say he was trying to score political points...

But one or two of you clearly believe the cap fits.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9464 on January 20, 2021, 09:05:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB
Why on earth should I have condemned that post? I've just said clearly, with reasons, why I didn't think political point scoring was either the point of  Selby's post or the theme of the post you refer to.

Now. Have you got any examples of what I was actually asking you about.

And, "disciples". Jesus f**king wept...

There are scores of examples on this forum of you politicising the pandemic, not necessarily to the extent of effectively celebrating people's deaths, but examples just the same. I don't have to find them, they're not lost.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:11:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9465 on January 20, 2021, 09:29:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Then point one out for me BB. Point out a post that criticises the Government that there is no evidence to support.

Go on. You reckon there are scores of them, so it should be easy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9466 on January 20, 2021, 09:55:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What, another stipulation! The point isn't about whether your constant searches for stories to attack the government with are true or not, the point is your constant searches for stories to attack the government with are examples of political point-scoring. And, as if that isn't enough, your frequent back-up policy of reheating old 'mistakes' by the government when you haven't got a new one to make a political point about.

There will be plenty of time to prove the claims of government inadequacy in its handling of the pandemic when we are out of this hole. I've no doubt that will be decided by people who are politically point-scoring also.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:23:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9467 on January 20, 2021, 10:00:59 pm by wilts rover »
What, another stipulation! The point isn't about whether your constant searches for stories to beat the government with are true or not, the point is your constant searches for stories to attack the government with are examples of political point-scoring. And, as if that isn't enough, your frequent back-up policy of reheating old 'mistakes' by the government when you haven't got a new one to make a political point about.

There will be plenty of time to prove the claims of government inadequacy in its handling of the pandemic when we are out of this hole. I've no doubt that will be decided by people who are politically point-scoring also.

This fellow posters is clearly not an examle of a post that is politically point-scoring...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9468 on January 20, 2021, 10:04:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's correct Wilts, it's not. It is an attempt to put people who politically point score to shame.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9469 on January 20, 2021, 10:06:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Tautology R US

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9470 on January 20, 2021, 10:11:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You can say that again, Skippy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9471 on January 20, 2021, 10:15:07 pm by SydneyRover »
Tautology R US

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9472 on January 20, 2021, 11:00:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ok BB. Let me just catch up with you because you run so fast.

You're not saying that you have any evidence that I've made criticisms of the Govt that are unfair?

You're saying that I shouldn't do it?

Is that where we are at? I think that's where we are at.

You are saying we shouldn't be critical of a Govtv presiding  over the worst death toll and worst economic hit in Europe because...why exactly?

Don't you get the idea of public opinion changing Govt policy? Do you think we should all just shut up, put on a Johnson brave face and accept 100,000 and rising deaths and a half trillion quid hit as one of those things?

You do choose some odd hills on which to sacrifice your credibility, when you've decided that you know what people's motives are.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9473 on January 20, 2021, 11:07:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. There is evidence of criticisms you've made that I think is unfair.

You can do what you want, it's your forum.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9474 on January 20, 2021, 11:21:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Then show me it BB.

And maybe grow up a bit while you are doing so?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9475 on January 20, 2021, 11:25:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What do you mean "Then show me"! Look for yourself at the many times I've disagreed with you! You're the grown-up here, show a bit of grown-up responsibility!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9476 on January 20, 2021, 11:49:47 pm by belton rover »
Ok BB. Let me just catch up with you because you run so fast.

You're not saying that you have any evidence that I've made criticisms of the Govt that are unfair?

You're saying that I shouldn't do it?

Is that where we are at? I think that's where we are at.

You are saying we shouldn't be critical of a Govtv presiding  over the worst death toll and worst economic hit in Europe because...why exactly?

Don't you get the idea of public opinion changing Govt policy? Do you think we should all just shut up, put on a Johnson brave face and accept 100,000 and rising deaths and a half trillion quid hit as one of those things?

You do choose some odd hills on which to sacrifice your credibility, when you've decided that you know what people's motives are.

So you can then vilify the government for making ‘u-turns’
Or vilify them for not bowing down to your public opinion.

Either way, it seems you’re embracing the situation to score political points.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9477 on January 20, 2021, 11:57:09 pm by SydneyRover »
Careful Belton bb doesn't like people piling in it's tribal or cavalry or something or other

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9478 on January 21, 2021, 12:06:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
Skippy, the majority of people share my view in normal life. Obviously, this forum is far from normal because most of the reasonable thinking guys have either stopped posting or just f**ked off altogether.

The few of us who oppose the little lefty clique on here are, I can assure you, quite independent of each other, unlike you and the fellow disciples.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9479 on January 21, 2021, 12:46:43 am by SydneyRover »
I suppose you nailed it right there bb,

''The few of us who oppose the little lefty clique on here are, I can assure you, quite independent of each other, unlike you and the fellow disciples''

the independent supporters group, hehe

Oppose as to discuss as to debate, you are continually invited to support your assertions at various times but you usually decline which leads to the obvious conclusion that most of it is in your head.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012