Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:55:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jones v Tutala  (Read 3426 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Jones v Tutala
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2024, 05:54:34 pm by graingrover »
I do not pretend to be knowledgable but can use Google .If the handling stopped an obvious goal then it is a red card (and three games suspension ?)if not leading to an obvious goal then it should only be. a yellow Now thst will be a hell of a decision to make by EFL if we appeal because if rescinded it amounts to saying the ref was wrong
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:56:48 pm by graingrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2024, 05:54:58 pm by ForsolongaRover »
My lad just looked it up. Says that offence is a 2 match ban

Where did he see this, cos I found this:

S4 Denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball - 1 match
S5 Denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence
punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick - 1 match

My research confirms it at 1 as well. I suspect TLT may well have lost his bearings so it was not entirely deliberate, but the ref was right.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 27, 2024, 05:55:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
Some of you are seriously missing the point ... no one on this forum denies that TLT is our best keeper... it's about being pragmatic in the situation we are in.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 27, 2024, 05:55:58 pm by Spilsby Red »
Let’s wait and see.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 27, 2024, 05:57:15 pm by IDM »
It’s one match.

It’s in the FA’s Essential Information document for players.  I’ll try find a link.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 27, 2024, 06:00:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
That was as resolute as it comes today. Really stood tall when we were ten men. They did look tired in first half and that second half cannot have helped.

What was wrong with Biggins?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 27, 2024, 06:01:03 pm by IDM »
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

You can download the document and it’s clear, 1 match for handball DOGSO.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 27, 2024, 06:07:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »

But does it carry over into the playoffs as they aren't regular season games as such

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 27, 2024, 06:10:26 pm by StocksArmy »
Louis handled himself fantastically well. Its a poor OP for me this , very poor.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 27, 2024, 06:28:22 pm by ForsolongaRover »

But does it carry over into the playoffs as they aren't regular season games as such

The objective is punishment and it would be contorted logic if it were not the following one in the same competition.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 27, 2024, 06:29:37 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Great achievement and great save from Jones near the end, but the difference between the two is night and day, we’re going to miss Tutala in the play offs

Give over you numpty. We need to build the players up at this stage.

It’s a discussion, I hope Jones has a blinder in the play offs, but it makes me more nervous with him in goal that is a fact, he’s not confident in playing out from the back, as shown today, and that has been a pivotal park of our amazing run 

You really think he’s going to risk playing out from the back when we’re down to 10?

Give the lad a break. He’s not perfect, but he’s what we’ve got, so get behind him and let him know we’re all right behind him to will him on

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 27, 2024, 06:30:09 pm by jmt23 »
He wasn’t thinking about the playoffs for sure, but brainfart? It was purely muscle memory. Between him and the defence it was a lack of communication

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 27, 2024, 06:32:09 pm by WarwickRover »
Nobody wants Jones to fail ….. Filo is highlighting, correctly, that TLT is a superior goalkeeper and therefore if he (TLT) is not playing then we are at a disadvantage. He is not saying he wants Jones to have a mare …. He wants him to be brilliant The fact is we are a weaker team (if only marginal) with TLT not available to play

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 27, 2024, 06:42:56 pm by scawsby steve »
Nobody wants Jones to fail ….. Filo is highlighting, correctly, that TLT is a superior goalkeeper and therefore if he (TLT) is not playing then we are at a disadvantage. He is not saying he wants Jones to have a mare …. He wants him to be brilliant The fact is we are a weaker team (if only marginal) with TLT not available to play

Why highlight it at all? We all know that TLT is superior to Louis, but we also know that TLT is out for the first leg, and that's the situation we're stuck with.

Filo's OP has added nothing of relevance or encouragement to our situation.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 27, 2024, 06:44:17 pm by danumdon »
As mentioned earlier, very poor OP we all know the score and don't need to be told about capabilities.

Lets not smash the confidence of our home grown talent, Jones is a professional keeper and will do us fine.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 27, 2024, 06:47:25 pm by Ryaldinhio »
There is a few things at play here;

FA - Suspensions carry over to playoffs but accumulated yellows do not - this would mean TLT is suspended.

FA - Straight red card for professional foul carries a punishment of 1 game ban - TLT would be suspended for 1 game.

IFAB guidance is that once a keeper leaves his area he falls under the same rules as a 'normal player' as such cannot handle the ball. If a keeper handles the ball outside the area it should be a YELLOW card unless denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity - If DRFC feels it wasn't an obvious goal or goal scoring opportunity (No of defenders) we could appeal

Personally I think it's a 1 game ban, take it, have the week training Jones with the team how to play out from back a little bit as the team now do.

At the end of the day, if the other 10 players do their jobs none of us should be worried about the keeper.

He is a local.lad who will be desperate to do his best and keep a clean sheet, let's back the lad.

COYR!!!!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 27, 2024, 06:48:35 pm by StocksArmy »
Again, its a shocking OP. Lets celebrate an get behind Louis!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 27, 2024, 06:51:21 pm by BigH »
I’m just thankful that we have a back up keeper who we know to be capable at this level and who has already played 20 odd league games this season. I’d be more concerned if we had a novice between the sticks.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 27, 2024, 07:06:29 pm by NickDRFC »
Not sure I get the pile on here. Lo Tutala has been a huge part of our run, there’s no debate about that. If Jones was anywhere near as good as him, we wouldn’t have brought him in in the first place.

The timing of posting it is maybe questionable but that doesn’t make the point any less pertinent. Hopefully Jones deputises well.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 27, 2024, 07:11:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't believe this is the main topic of conversation after this huge achievement.

We should be euphoric about McCann and ALL the players that have contributed where we had no choice but to limit the mistakes and take our chances to win our way to the play offs against some good opposition.

Our job isn't done yet. We need to raise this team to even higher levels and not get week kneed at the first sign of difficulty.

Everyone behind Louis goal needs to show the love, just as we have for the rest of the players thus far.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 27, 2024, 07:26:25 pm by Filo »
Mixed opinions about my OP, I stand by what I say, I also agree we should get behind him, my concerns still stand, Wood was offering himself for the playout every goalkick but Jones ignored him everytime, lack of confidence? I get the point about playing out with only 10 men, but almost every goalkick came straight back at us. If a professional footballer takes to heart what is said on a fans forum, he really shouldn’t be a professional footballer

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 27, 2024, 07:40:57 pm by RoversInSpain »

FA - Suspensions carry over to playoffs but accumulated yellows do not - this would mean TLT is suspended.

FA - Straight red card for professional foul carries a punishment of 1 game ban - TLT would be suspended for 1 game.

IFAB guidance is that once a keeper leaves his area he falls under the same rules as a 'normal player' as such cannot handle the ball. If a keeper handles the ball outside the area it should be a YELLOW card unless denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity - If DRFC feels it wasn't an obvious goal or goal scoring opportunity (No of defenders) we could appeal

Personally I think it's a 1 game ban, take it, have the week training Jones with the team how to play out from back a little bit as the team now do.

At the end of the day, if the other 10 players do their jobs none of us should be worried about the keeper.

He is a local.lad who will be desperate to do his best and keep a clean sheet, let's back the lad.

COYR!!!!
TLT May get away with this, Sterry dealt with it, if the keeper doesn’t touch it the ball is heading wide of the goal and no opponent is clean through, and it was quite a strong header, possibly the ball is heading out for a corner

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 27, 2024, 07:42:29 pm by Filo »

COYR!!!!
TLT May get away with this, Sterry dealt with it, if the keeper doesn’t touch it the ball is heading wide of the goal and no opponent is clean through, and it was quite a strong header, possibly the ball is heading out for a corner

No way does that win an appeal, take the one game ban and move on

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 27, 2024, 07:53:19 pm by drfchound »

COYR!!!!

This.
I haven’t had the benefit of seeing highlights yet but my thoughts at the time were that Baileys header was not going into the goal and that our defenders would have got to the ball before any Gills player.
I agree that the red card was right but I don’t think it was a DOGSO offence.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 27, 2024, 07:53:39 pm by RoversInSpain »
Stop the video on the skylights.
Sterry heads the ball. As TLT palms it there are 3 Rovers players ahead of the Gillingham attacker, there is no way he’s clear on goal, or neither would he get the ball if TLT had missed it.
Defo appeal

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 27, 2024, 08:00:01 pm by Filo »

COYR!!!!

This.
I haven’t had the benefit of seeing highlights yet but my thoughts at the time were that Baileys header was not going into the goal and that our defenders would have got to the ball before any Gills player.

Two points,
1) it was Sterry’s header
2) if it’s not a DOGSO offence it’s not a red card

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 27, 2024, 08:01:34 pm by donnievic »
Is that a two or three match ban?

One match ban

COYR
having seen highlights I think they have good grounds for appeal as he wasn’t denying a goal scoring opportunity and 3 covering defenders,wasn’t going in and the striker wasn’t getting there

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 27, 2024, 08:11:00 pm by drfchound »

COYR!!!!

This.

Two points,
1) it was Sterry’s header
2) if it’s not a DOGSO offence it’s not a red card

Ok, I got who headed it wrong but that is irrelevant.
Deliberate handball outside the box, no doubt, but I’m not arguing about that.
I’m agreeing that TLT might get away with a suspension if it can be proved that the handball didn’t stop a scoring opportunity.
That is referring to the IFAB ruling mentioned by Ryaldinho.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 27, 2024, 08:11:04 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
I actually think it's a yellow. If you watch the highlights, it was going away from goal and there were three defenders beteeen the ball and the striker. Not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 27, 2024, 08:12:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Is that a two or three match ban?

One match ban

COYR
having seen highlights I think they have good grounds for appeal as he wasn’t denying a goal scoring opportunity and 3 covering defenders,wasn’t going in and the striker wasn’t getting there

Just seen it and my first impression was TLT didn't give the ref a choice with the deliberate nature of the handball, irrespective of what might, or might not have happened after.

Bit of a rush of blood there from TLT there, he didn't need to come that far out,  Shame really but that's the high pressure nature of football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012