Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:26:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL season over  (Read 57208 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: EFL season over
« Reply #390 on May 28, 2020, 06:25:31 pm by silent majority »
https://twitter.com/zoneefl/status/1266045246258937866?s=21
Don’t shoot the messenger but I’ve juat noticed this on Twitter. The saga continues

That's my understanding. The vote will happen some time next week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #391 on May 28, 2020, 06:42:44 pm by drfchound »
https://twitter.com/zoneefl/status/1266045246258937866?s=21
Don’t shoot the messenger but I’ve juat noticed this on Twitter. The saga continues

Kin ell, this drags on and on.
Pathetic.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #392 on May 29, 2020, 10:47:42 am by roversdude »
Sky saying unweighted PPG and giving clubs until 2nd June to come up with alternative

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on May 29, 2020, 10:55:13 am by silent majority »
Sky saying unweighted PPG and giving clubs until 2nd June to come up with alternative

No, it's been delayed again.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on May 29, 2020, 10:59:29 am by roversdude »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on May 29, 2020, 11:44:37 am by silent majority »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11996667/efl-league-one-and-league-two-proposal-set-for-june-8-vote 
June 2nd being the deadline to propose anything

That's slightly misleading. The clubs have had the 2 proposals to consider for a while now, it's just the vote that has been delayed. I doubt very much that any new proposals would surface, or be allowed to before June 2nd.

The timescales just don't allow for anything else now, we're at the point where clubs, including ours, need to be wrapping things up due to the considerable financial burdens that they are under. After this vote is taken an EGM has to be called to ratify the decisions being made. Time is now of the essence.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on May 29, 2020, 12:05:56 pm by roversdude »
I agree with you SM we need to close the curtains on this season and look at how next season can work

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on May 29, 2020, 12:56:40 pm by Draytonian III »
They are having another meeting on 8th of June !!!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on May 29, 2020, 01:39:58 pm by silent majority »

I'm afraid so, some clubs are just determined to make this an argument about themselves.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on May 29, 2020, 01:49:10 pm by ian1980 »
Those four who are in the top places AFTER PPG, let them play at St George’s Park on a Saturday or Sunday games being played after each other 5pm then 8pm and play the final the following week, sorted

Forgive my ignorance, but where's St George's Park?

It's the England training centre, just outside Burton upon Trent.

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/st-georges-park

I went here for a day as part of a grassroots coaching event.

The facility is absolutely fantastic. I was blown away by it and what they have down there.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #400 on May 29, 2020, 01:49:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I'm afraid so, some clubs are just determined to make this an argument about themselves.

I guess we could only imagine who that might be....

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on May 29, 2020, 02:23:20 pm by Draytonian III »
One way to sort it is to promote the wonderful Peterborough United not to the championship but to the Premiership,in fact when ever they play anyone give them a four goal start and any any goal they do score counts double. Also let Daddies lickle soldier due all the substitutes, both teams .
That’s about fair isn’t it

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on May 29, 2020, 03:11:30 pm by firestarter »
Those four who are in the top places AFTER PPG, let them play at St George’s Park on a Saturday or Sunday games being played after each other 5pm then 8pm and play the final the following week, sorted

Forgive my ignorance, but where's St George's Park?

It's the England training centre, just outside Burton upon Trent.

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/st-georges-park

I went here for a day as part of a grassroots coaching event.

The facility is absolutely fantastic. I was blown away by it and what they have down there.
My son was lucky enough to play and train there as part of the England Cerebral Palsy football talent process. An amazing facility and dreams made for him being able to experience it first hand

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on May 29, 2020, 03:31:03 pm by IDM »

What’s the default position if clubs can’t decide an outcome and time runs out.?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #404 on May 29, 2020, 03:39:43 pm by selby »
 In a way I don't blame the smaller clubs in the division playing this out.
   It is the first time they have as much clout as the bigger clubs, their vote counts as much as the big boys, and it is the first time they have the same income as the big boys, next to or nothing at all, and without the costs of the big boys, who must be going absolutely spare.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on May 29, 2020, 04:35:31 pm by silent majority »

What’s the default position if clubs can’t decide an outcome and time runs out.?

The board would have to rule, although I don't think there's a specific clause for that in the regs!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on May 29, 2020, 04:38:18 pm by silent majority »
In a way I don't blame the smaller clubs in the division playing this out.
   It is the first time they have as much clout as the bigger clubs, their vote counts as much as the big boys, and it is the first time they have the same income as the big boys, next to or nothing at all, and without the costs of the big boys, who must be going absolutely spare.

I'm sorry selby but none of that makes any sense at all.

The smaller clubs have no income, have had funds brought forward from next season to this to get them this far. Cashflow will dry up very quickly, and the smaller clubs will go unless clarity is brought to this. We then have to set about saving our own individual clubs.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #407 on May 29, 2020, 05:07:57 pm by selby »
  I accept all that SM, and nobody wants a resumption more than myself, I was highlighting the relative outgoings such as Sunderland Portsmouth and Peterborough have at the moment compared with the clubs that have to exist within their income and are run correctly.
  I know everyone is suffering, but because some clubs suffer nearly all the time they may have the nous and experience to get through it. Two months ago some were tipped not to be with us now, and everybody was looking at clubs like Rochdale etc. while ignoring the position clubs with big wage outlays and already lots of debt were in.
  A lot of bigger clubs Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Sunderland, Charlton, Bolton, and Leeds to an extent have existed for a number of  years by being passed from owner to owner who were willing to under-wright the debt they were already in, or go into receivership and rise up by skimming the debtors.
  The EFL and FA have ignored or been culpable to the whole affair, standing aside and watching spivs, player power, and agents do exactly what they want to do.
  To be honest, if things were not so serious I could quite enjoy watching whole lot fall to pieces. Football won't die, there will be a game when this is over, all the meetings are not about the game, they are for the status quo to remain in place with the same power blocks  and useless administration dancing to their tune.
  We have passed the point when the game was in every ones minds in the first few weeks because of doubt, confidence and greed has returned and club owners now only think of their own well being it has played out before our eyes, and any thought of a strong administration has once again been buried beneath threats of litigation and court cases.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on May 29, 2020, 05:47:22 pm by Chris the Rover »
What an absolute farce. Football - or more specifically the EFL - is becoming a laughing stock. At this rate, they will still be poncing around at Christmas. The whole sorry, sad state of affairs is a joke. Delay after delay after delay. Just make a decision for heavens sake.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on May 29, 2020, 06:21:27 pm by Prez »
What an absolute farce. Football - or more specifically the EFL - is becoming a laughing stock. At this rate, they will still be poncing around at Christmas. The whole sorry, sad state of affairs is a joke. Delay after delay after delay. Just make a decision for heavens sake.

Not first time though is it? Just look how they handled the Bolton fiasco.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #410 on May 29, 2020, 06:46:37 pm by roversdude »
 :that:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on May 29, 2020, 08:47:12 pm by drfchound »
SM, the bbc sport website is talking about L1 and L2 playoffs taking place before the Championship play offs.
I know that the L1 situation is dragging on a bit but I didn’t realise that L2 would be having play offs.
Is that right.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on May 29, 2020, 09:09:57 pm by RoversAlias »
Hound - after League Two voted to end their season, the EFL came out with one of their many statements and said that they wanted promotion, Play Offs and relegation to be adhered to in each league regardless of how they came to decide ending the season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #413 on May 29, 2020, 09:11:03 pm by drfchound »
Cheers RA.
I hadn’t seen that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #414 on May 29, 2020, 09:23:18 pm by selby »
It is not really what Talksport 2 reported Hound, but  they seem to come up with a different outcome every day depending who the guest is in the studio and from what club.
 They said there would be another meeting as said on this thread earlier and that no decision had been reached, I will only believe anything when it is announced officially myself.
  Playing the playoffs as soon as possible would be the best outcome if they can get agreement who will take part in them, if they ever can that is, we have had to watch while different ways are discussed of doing that for the last month, and even on this forum there has been disagreement how teams should be judged to qualify, and we are not involved, or are we? I wouldn't like to guess.
  RA, the clubs decide what to do don't they, I understood that is why originally each division was given autonomy to vote how they wanted to end the season, since then the EFL have said they want promotion and relegation fearing the two Championship top sides going to court, but when push comes to shove who has the say is up for debate, hence the recurring problems as far as I can see. There is nothing in the rules written down to cover the situation, the same as our spat with Bolton.
  Every thing should be by a simple  majority vote of 51% and in the past all divisions were lumped together. The Championship sides object to that and a level playing field with leagues 1 and 2 and the EFL let them get away with it as ever, so now they are left with three separate entities, with three different visions of how to end the season, and each division with clubs voting for what  would benefit their own preferences.
  Hence no chance of agreement.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:47:40 pm by selby »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #415 on May 30, 2020, 10:33:52 am by silent majority »
Hound - after League Two voted to end their season, the EFL came out with one of their many statements and said that they wanted promotion, Play Offs and relegation to be adhered to in each league regardless of how they came to decide ending the season.

Partly correct.

The options given to all 3 divisions were, a) complete the season or b) curtail the season and base final positions on ppg with promotion being settled by play off's. Straight forward relegation would take place. However consideration was given to not relegating from Lg2 to the national divisions. The vote took place for LG2 based on that premise. However its now been decided that consistency must remain through all 3 divisions. That's going to relegate Stevenage who are determined that its not going to happen.

The simple explanation is that the EFL regulations don't allow for a curtailment to the season, so any decisions taken will have to be drawn up under new regulations which will have to be decided at an EGM. What they then can't have is a different set of regulations depending on which team it is, the regulations will have to apply throughout the EFL which means that promotion and relegation will still happen for consistency.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #416 on May 30, 2020, 10:48:16 am by IDM »
Or not at all.?  Is that an option.?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #417 on May 30, 2020, 11:07:18 am by silent majority »

Do you mean no promotion or relegation? It was an option, but the EFL would be fighting that in the courts forever.

Legal action is one thing that the EFL don't want. They have a £200m hole in their accounts and can't afford to battle it out.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #418 on May 30, 2020, 11:08:09 am by selby »
  SM, i would suggest that a leadership with no power at all cannot give out options, realistically they are suggestions that the clubs can take on board, try and circumnavigate, or just try and push something through as the top club quorum tried with extended playoffs, which if it had got the support or even now gets the support will be the way it goes.
  I appreciate that people like you put a lot of time and effort into trying to do your best for our club especially and football in general, and I thank you for your effort and time spent doing so. But the people like yourself with the best interests of the game at heart are a minority, and it is being run at the top of the game by spivs, money grabbing thieves, and it has got to be said people with no common sense whatsoever who exist in lala land and are being outmanoeuvred at every turn.
  Make no mistake, non at the top of the game are remotely interested in the football league from the Championship down, the London clubs would love to draw supporters from Peterborough and Colchester, the Manchester clubs would love to draw supporters from Doncaster and Rotherham every week they do to a point now, get rid of a meaningful town side and that is another 6000 possible paying supporters within travelling distance to feed off, they envy the Spanish German and Italian systems that are already structured that way.
  Two month ago all sorts of sh*te was being bandied about helping the smaller clubs out, well where is it? but the multi million pound transfers are being put together and the spivs and agents will be getting their share while hundred year old clubs have a chance to be going under.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #419 on May 30, 2020, 11:32:36 am by The Red Baron »

Do you mean no promotion or relegation? It was an option, but the EFL would be fighting that in the courts forever.

Legal action is one thing that the EFL don't want. They have a £200m hole in their accounts and can't afford to battle it out.

Would they? Surely if you can't complete a season the default position is null-and-void? It's not many people's favoured option (I think only Southend have publicly come out in favour) but I think you might struggle to prove that it unlawful.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012