Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:51:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Players may be available  (Read 5284 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Players may be available
« on April 20, 2017, 02:38:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
Baudry( delayed op?), Copps and Mandeville both in training this week could be available this Saturday according to Paul Goodwin from DF interview

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

Re: Players may be available
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2017, 03:00:48 pm by ballysbackin »
Now THAT shows the need for all hands to the pumps, I hope Mc. C is also available seems strange no mention

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2017, 03:03:18 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I think DF said a few days ago that Butler and Luke would be available

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2017, 03:03:40 pm by philsky »
Previously commented that McC and Butler would be available

ballysbackin

« Reply #4 on April 20, 2017, 03:06:42 pm by ballysbackin »
Good. I just read article. I am sorry to contradict but it says Baudry is out due to operation, unless it is game playing

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2017, 03:07:30 pm by 1879Rovers »
Good. I just read article. I am sorry to contradict but it says Baudry is out due to operation, unless it is game playing

Ferguson says they may put it off a week as he wants to win the title.

ballysbackin

« Reply #6 on April 20, 2017, 03:22:52 pm by ballysbackin »
That is welcome news and seems an acknowledgement he (DF) Fkd up last week (This is only my opinion but there were a lot of serious comments when the team was announced.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2017, 03:27:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
That is welcome news and seems an acknowledgement he (DF) Fkd up last week (This is only my opinion but there were a lot of serious comments when the team was announced.
T also showed some of the fringe players are not up to league1

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2017, 04:07:34 pm by IDM »

How exactly?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2017, 04:17:10 pm by IDM »
Baudry( delayed op?), Copps and Mandeville both in training this week could be available this Saturday according to Paul Goodwin from DF interview

My concern is we risk further longer term injuries by playing partially fit players.

I want us to win the league too, but we are in League 1 next season whatever.   Do we want to start next season with several key players out injured, again??

Remember Wellens playing in our Championship relegation season when clearly unfit??

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2017, 04:26:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Mandeville Marquis

Coppinger
Grant ------------- Rowe
McCullough

Mason Butler Baudry Alcock

Lawlor

Get the title then we rest. Would have no problem with Wright playing.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2017, 04:45:48 pm by deebee »
Lawlor still injured so Marosi.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2017, 04:49:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Lawlor still injured so Marosi.

Thought I read a DFP saying he may be in contention. Either way not too bad.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2017, 05:00:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Mandeville Marquis

Coppinger
Grant ------------- Rowe
McCullough

Mason Butler Baudry Alcock

Lawlor

Get the title then we rest. Would have no problem with Wright playing.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-defender-holds-off-surgery-to-play-in-title-challenge-1-8503596

I would play Wright at right back in place of Alcock, he has the pace and height. Also Rowe on the left if Copps fit and Grant right. If Mandeville is not ready to start then May.

ballysbackin

« Reply #14 on April 20, 2017, 05:04:55 pm by ballysbackin »

Oh so very much I agree with you there

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on April 20, 2017, 05:05:46 pm by ballysbackin »

How exactly?

Well what I saw was an onslaught and IMO Donny were holding on and kicking the ball anywhere

ballysbackin

« Reply #16 on April 20, 2017, 05:06:52 pm by ballysbackin »

My concern is we risk further longer term injuries by playing partially fit players.

I want us to win the league too, but we are in League 1 next season whatever.   Do we want to start next season with several key players out injured, again??

Remember Wellens playing in our Championship relegation season when clearly unfit??

Yes but if the club are to do what they say, then new players will probably be first choice for the higher league

ballysbackin

« Reply #17 on April 20, 2017, 05:14:18 pm by ballysbackin »
Article in DFP clears up this thread. Well, on who is getting on the bus at least. I am a bit more settled

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2017, 05:32:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The Baudry operation should be put back in my opinion if he can get through enough games to confirm the title for us. You can't be looking to next season and saying he won't be fit if he doesn't have it now they have played all season for this. Promotion is great that was the first objective but when you have a chance of winning a title you have to risk players maybe not being ready for pre-season.
Joe Wright is a fine player but the Butler/Baudry partnership has understanding as good as Wright is he doesn't have that level of knowing what his defensive partner can and can't do in a game.

I would prefer Lawlor over Marosi but they both have played a fair few games so goalkeeper isn't as big a problem. We will miss Coppinger's guile if they can't get him fit can McSheffrey just step into his shoes after so long out?. Taylor-Sinclair is a plus because it's his natural position but again the understanding built during the season isn't there with him, same with McCullough.
Upfront May has a lot of responsibility on very inexperienced shoulders if Williams isn't fit to help Marquis get the goals we need. I still think we will win it more down to Plymouth slipping up but if i was one of their fans i would be fancying my chances right now with their challengers-us losing so many players all at once. It's going to be a nerve wracking run in!.

Last season we learnt that Fergie can let his mind wander a touch thinking too far ahead thinking the jobs done. He needs to just concentrate on this season next season he can sort that out when he gets there it's important we win the league it's not a failure if we don't but it will feel like it after leading for so long.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:35:32 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2017, 06:01:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

How exactly?

Well what I saw was an onslaught and IMO Donny were holding on and kicking the ball anywhere

You're judging our fringe players 10v11. You do know that, right?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2017, 06:07:14 pm by goalkick »
The first half was a little bit like last season.then we promised but did not achieve.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2017, 07:48:41 pm by the vicar »
DF said Baudry only could be ok but his op still could be tomorrow

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2017, 09:59:50 pm by The Red Baron »
DF said Baudry only could be ok but his op still could be tomorrow

Listening to the interview it sounded to me like the surgery might be put back for other reasons than Fergie wanting it delayed. Maybe the surgeon is not available for some reason.

Anyway, seems like Fergie wants to take advantage if it is delayed.

ballysbackin

« Reply #23 on April 20, 2017, 10:17:58 pm by ballysbackin »

How exactly?

In My Opinion --------Problem in me having one ?????????

You're judging our fringe players 10v11. You do know that, right?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 21, 2017, 10:25:34 am by IDM »
having an opinion is all well and good, but in different circumstances, adding one or two fringe players to a confident winning team in L1 may have a different outcome altogether?

We were playing against 11, a dodgy ref, and a team up for the play offs. n We may have sat back a bit but defended OK IMHO.  And if you define Wright as a fringe player, he was motm!

ballysbackin

« Reply #25 on April 21, 2017, 03:20:33 pm by ballysbackin »
I do not for one minute like Donny to lose in any circumstances and history will not be interested in anything other than Doncaster R 0- Blackpool 1......Boy do I analyse every single pass after a game, every shot and I get more and more hot under the collar.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 21, 2017, 03:24:14 pm by Belle_Vue »
I'm hopeful that the rested players come back stronger. A win tomorrow can change the momentum.

We're still top!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 21, 2017, 03:45:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
having an opinion is all well and good, but in different circumstances, adding one or two fringe players to a confident winning team in L1 may have a different outcome altogether?

We were playing against 11, a dodgy ref, and a team up for the play offs. n We may have sat back a bit but defended OK IMHO.  And if you define Wright as a fringe player, he was motm!

I did say some of the fringe players, not judging them on 10 v 11 either.
There are "some"  fringe players who will not step up to League 1 so we will need better players next season. My opinion.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 21, 2017, 06:17:14 pm by wilts rover »

I did say some of the fringe players, not judging them on 10 v 11 either.
There are "some"  fringe players who will not step up to League 1 so we will need better players next season. My opinion.

Not only you Steve (unless you actually are Darren Ferguson)

Meanwhile, Ferguson has revealed that he has already made up his mind regarding the future of several players whose deals expire this summer and his thoughts are likely to be outlined when he discusses next season’s plans with the board next week. He said: “I have decisions to make where I feel we need to strengthen and on players that will be surplus to where I want to go with the club. “But all of these decisions I have (already) made in my head.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/darren-ferguson-s-focus-on-wycombe-as-doncaster-rovers-seek-silver-lining-1-8504016

ballysbackin

« Reply #29 on April 22, 2017, 08:59:55 am by ballysbackin »
Well Mason says he is staying

TinyPortal © 2005-2012