Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:54:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman  (Read 5593 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: Furman
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2014, 08:42:36 am by Rovers Return »
Don't think anyone covered themselves with glory today, two poor teams out there, Barnsley are down for sure, utter rubbish and we were only marginally better. A draw was a fair result in the end.

Getting sick of minutes applause/silence too.

That's because your getting older. The older you get the more minute applause/silence you experience :-(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2014, 08:57:31 am by The Red Baron »
When Bowery went off it was clear we needed to keep hold of the ball better.  It was like it was red hot and no one wanted to hang on to it.  I was actually suggesting a double substitution to my mate - Bowery and Furman off, Cotts and De Val on.  Cotts on the left, Copps in the hole, Duffy on the right, De Val and Keegan sitting.

Still cant quite figure out why Cotts as an attacking CM seemed to be what Dickov did.

He then moved Cotterill to the left, which if anything made matters worse because the full back was able to bomb forward with impunity. Duffy had a poor game in an attacking sense but at least he tracked back and kept the full-back occupied.

The substitution was the wrong one. Forrester, Peterson or even De Val (who could have provided an extra body in midfield and at least tried to stop O'Brien running the game) would have been better choices. Even Stevens with Husband playing in front would have been better.

I suspect Forrester was not really fit to play (see my reference to mind games earlier in the week) and that Dickov has no faith in De Val whatsoever. As a result we had only four outfield subs in effect. 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 16, 2014, 09:00:29 am by The Red Baron »
But back on topic- I thought Furman played better than he has for several weeks. He covered well defensively and at the end he made a super run from midfield and was just caught offside (one of several quuestionable decisions). Problem is that his passing lets him down and him and Keegan are too similar to play together effectively.

Wellens will be back now but if he was to pick up a bad injury, we could be knackered.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 16, 2014, 09:57:56 am by bobbymax »
Furman often looks as though everything is a bit last-minute whereas Wellens usually appears to have time and space to pick a pass. Experience I suppose.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 16, 2014, 10:51:44 am by mrfrostsdad »
Dickov allegedly spent 3 years trying to sign De Val and now he's got him obviously doesn't rate him. He's gone on record as saying he's not ready to play English football. Really? So get him out on loan and save some money on his wages.
As for Forrester, we've no idea if he can cut it week in week out at this level, for the simple reason he hasn't played.
Hopefully he will, but we just don't know. It's a huge step up from L1 to the Championship as we've seen with Furman. But again, I thought Furman did ok yesterday. As for Duffy being MOTM, I thought he was our worst player yesterday

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 16, 2014, 11:01:09 am by The Red Baron »
Did anyone vote Duffy as MOTM. I thought it was one of the easier calls yesterday- Coppinger by a country mile.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 16, 2014, 12:00:10 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Definitely Copps for me. Thought Bongs and Meite played well also, and Brown put in his usual shift.
The only reason I mentioned Duffy is because someone said they'd been saying now good he was on Radio Sheffield

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 16, 2014, 02:33:47 pm by The Dav »
Strange how we all see the game isn't it ! I thought Meite a poor game for us! he got pulled from pillar to post yesterday and just didn't inspire the usual confidence I've had in him......to be fair though proschwitz is a quality act.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 16, 2014, 02:52:53 pm by ravenrover »
Have the search parties found Furman yet? He went missing after 70mins

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 16, 2014, 03:47:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He's a crab, don't expect him to pick out amazing forward passes because hes not capable of that. Having him and Keegan in the middle means we lack creativity in the middle, what we could do with is a Brian Stock. The only way I feel Keegan and Furman could work together is in a double pivot with Wellens ahead of them.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 16, 2014, 03:58:34 pm by CusworthRovers »
Furman played well. I think some of you are not appreciating his qualities. Equally some of you are expecting too much from him.

He was his usual high energy player, which is an asset in a stale midfield or a stale game. We were firing on a 6 yesterday and the game was strewn with errors and wrong decisions from both teams.

A lot of their errors were caused by Furmans constant pressurising. Many of our errors (esp Hubby and Duffy) were rescued by Furman immediately winning it back. He is always close to the play to either give the option of a pass or win it back should our lad lose it. That quality is a massive asset to a team and difficult to do for 90mins. He does lack the grace of a Stock, the drive of a Wellens, the discipline of a Keegan, but he gives what Furman gives, and no more.

Good player to have in your squad

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 17, 2014, 12:09:15 pm by bobbymax »
Furman played well. I think some of you are not appreciating his qualities. Equally some of you are expecting too much from him.

He was his usual high energy player, which is an asset in a stale midfield or a stale game. We were firing on a 6 yesterday and the game was strewn with errors and wrong decisions from both teams.

A lot of their errors were caused by Furmans constant pressurising. Many of our errors (esp Hubby and Duffy) were rescued by Furman immediately winning it back. He is always close to the play to either give the option of a pass or win it back should our lad lose it. That quality is a massive asset to a team and difficult to do for 90mins. He does lack the grace of a Stock, the drive of a Wellens, the discipline of a Keegan, but he gives what Furman gives, and no more.

Good player to have in your squad
Spot on

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 17, 2014, 12:23:14 pm by BigColSutherland »
Busy player. I like him.
However play him with Keegan and you're not going to get much creativity or any goals out of the centre of the park.
If the wingers and front two are on form then that's fine, but it can make us a bit predictable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012