Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:45:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLT Card Rescinded  (Read 3344 times)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: TLT Card Rescinded
« Reply #60 on May 02, 2024, 12:24:16 am by acacia94 »
just f**kin brilliant

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 02, 2024, 06:56:48 am by NickDRFC »
I was in the “too risky” camp despite believing the red card was incorrect.

Shame for Jones, but I guess he was fully aware of the appeal.
He is probably quite relieved. Can you imagine the abuse he would have got if he made a mistake at Crewe.

I doubt it - if he’s relieved to not be playing in a playoff game then he should just pack it in altogether.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 02, 2024, 07:05:00 am by Donnywolf »
The thing I can't fathom is this.

T T-L handled the ball and got a Red presumably for DOGSO.

(Like others I was assuming it was for simply handling outside the area but apparently Rules have moved on)

But if Ref or anyone behind the goal or opposite goal or indeed the Ref says it was going wide , how do they KNOW for sure ?

It never carried on its way as he knocked it forwards , whereas if it carries on it could have spun , hit a divot or been affected by wind or indeed any outside interference

However I'm glad it was overturned of course and well done those in Club with the conviction to follow it up especially knowing frivolous Appeals can result in lengthier bans

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 02, 2024, 08:05:05 am by IDM »
If the ball was going in the goal, that’s denying a goal.  If there’s a chance a Gills player could have got to the ball, that’s denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.  I think the card was rescinded nowt to do with going in the goal or not, but because we had too many defenders likely to get to the ball first.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 02, 2024, 08:08:19 am by i_ateallthepies »
Completely agree, wolfie.  The handling was a spit second after the ball was headed, I too had doubts as to how anyone could judge with certainty that the ball was going wide.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 02, 2024, 08:11:15 am by drfchound »
The thing I can't fathom is this.

T T-L handled the ball and got a Red presumably for DOGSO.

(Like others I was assuming it was for simply handling outside the area but apparently Rules have moved on)

But if Ref or anyone behind the goal or opposite goal or indeed the Ref says it was going wide , how do they KNOW for sure ?

It never carried on its way as he knocked it forwards , whereas if it carries on it could have spun , hit a divot or been affected by wind or indeed any outside interference

However I'm glad it was overturned of course and well done those in Club with the conviction to follow it up especially knowing frivolous Appeals can result
 in lengthier bans

I suppose the same could be said about the Hawkeye system that is used in tennis.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 02, 2024, 08:16:30 am by Filo »
One thing is, if we get to the final we will be playing under VAR for the first time ever

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 02, 2024, 08:29:14 am by Alan Southstand »
The handling was a spit second after the ball was headed, I too had doubts as to how anyone could judge with certainty that the ball was going wide.

It may have helped, on the day, if the referee had been in the same post code as the actual incident. On his arrival at the scene, he couldn’t wait to get the red card out of his pocket (no thinking time at all).

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 02, 2024, 09:29:40 am by IDM »
I doubt the ref even considered if the ball was going into the goal.  It would have been more h at TLT prevented Gillingham having an opportunity to put it in an unguarded net. 

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 02, 2024, 11:55:30 am by moses »
To be fair to the ref, in real time, full speed, I completely understand the ref's decision.
TLT, if he realised he was out of his penalty box (and he should of), handled it because he thought he was stopping Gillingham score.
Glad we successfully appealed it, bring on the Crewe.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 02, 2024, 01:25:32 pm by silent majority »
So, TLT didn't deny a GSO but created one with a free kick being awarded for handling the ball?

Hmm.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 02, 2024, 02:30:32 pm by Michael Shaw »
Well whatever the reasons are for the decision to be rescinded, I am back to 100% convinced we are going up to league one.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 02, 2024, 05:35:37 pm by Bills view »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 03, 2024, 09:29:14 am by IDM »
The fans they quoted clearly don’t know the laws of the game.  Mind you, lots of us on here, me included, had to check to see if this was a yellow or red card!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 03, 2024, 09:31:46 am by NickDRFC »
So, TLT didn't deny a GSO but created one with a free kick being awarded for handling the ball?

Hmm.

Regardless of whether it was or wasn’t a red card, it was definitely a free kick!

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 03, 2024, 09:35:27 am by Reg of the Rovers »
It's certainly got us and others talking:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-red-card-overturned-crewe-32720602
Well that was a journalistic rollercoaster! Starts with the headline 'most blatant red card ever' and then resolves in the last para saying the ref should have only brandished a yellow. M Night Shyamalan couldn't have managed a bigger twist.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 03, 2024, 09:37:53 am by Reg of the Rovers »
The risk of all this publicity is that TLT is going to get pelters from their fans all game, and behind the goals both ends is 'home' fans, so we'll need to drum up a bit of encouragement and counterbalance from the side methinks!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012