Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:43:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?  (Read 33764 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?
« Reply #180 on July 14, 2018, 10:39:23 am by Michael Shaw »
I did say we have no idea whether McCann is better. That's a fact as we haven't even had one real game yet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on July 14, 2018, 10:43:24 am by DonnyOsmond »
A serious lack of ambition and More interested in club Doncaster that’s the problem

Good if they're interested in something (Club Doncaster) that'll increase our transfer budget.
how ?

Have a look at what SCMP is. Then have a think about how an umbrella business helps us with SCMP x.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on July 14, 2018, 10:55:59 am by Rovers Return »
A serious lack of ambition and More interested in club Doncaster that’s the problem

Good if they're interested in something (Club Doncaster) that'll increase our transfer budget.
how ?

Because ClubDoncaster actually makes money

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on July 14, 2018, 12:01:03 pm by raggytash »
If club Doncaster is doing that well why are we signing kids, people who’ve played 14 games in 18 month and giving trials to overweight players who like a drink with suspendedprison sentences???? I’ve heard a solid rumour but I won’t put it on here, if it’s right then there’s a cash flow issue, might be temporary or permanent, but until the powers that be say something I can’t comment and I won’t...

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on July 14, 2018, 12:02:29 pm by Boomstick »

how ?

Because ClubDoncaster actually makes money
like I said, how ?
genuine question

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on July 14, 2018, 12:16:23 pm by raggytash »
Lol, I agree mate, there’s something amiss I think I know the answer and SM will definitely know.... but I’m not putting it on, it’s upto the board and Baldwin to make a statement,

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on July 14, 2018, 12:20:13 pm by silent majority »
If club Doncaster is doing that well why are we signing kids, people who’ve played 14 games in 18 month and giving trials to overweight players who like a drink with suspendedprison sentences???? I’ve heard a solid rumour but I won’t put it on here, if it’s right then there’s a cash flow issue, might be temporary or permanent, but until the powers that be say something I can’t comment and I won’t...

There's definitely no cash flow issue. I'd send that rumour back to where you got it from.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on July 14, 2018, 12:54:16 pm by RedJ »
Lol, I agree mate, there’s something amiss I think I know the answer and SM will definitely know.... but I’m not putting it on, it’s upto the board and Baldwin to make a statement,

Why on earth do you feel we as fans are entitled to know the intimate financial details of the club? Jesus wept.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on July 14, 2018, 01:51:52 pm by bpoolrover »
We're a small club yes we averaged around 8k but at a guess a lot were the cheaper kids tickets which is good for the future, while everyone would love the owners to put 5 million of there own money in each year it's just not going to happen,the seasons not started yet and people are already being defeatist

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on July 14, 2018, 02:41:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »

A statement about what?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on July 14, 2018, 02:57:03 pm by selby »
 I am not defeatist in any way, we have the basis of a good young side, the kid from Scotland looks a good acquisition, some good players have come down from there, especially midfielders,  Talking to the guy who coaches at Leeds in the pub ,he says they have high hopes for Wilkes.
  I hope we get a couple more in like everyone else, but the main thing I hope is that the ones we retained step up to the plate, a 10% improvement in fitness and competitiveness should  be their aim.
  We were lightweight and bullied physically in the first half of last season, being a young side, but got markedly more savvy in the second half of the season, we need to carry on improving in that side of the game.
   The goals for are the problem, and we may have to rely on players on loan, or new to the club to improve in that area.
   There is no reason why we cannot be the fittest  team in the division, and as supporters we should be demanding it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on July 14, 2018, 03:21:22 pm by PDX_Rover »

How can you have a solid rumour?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on July 14, 2018, 03:52:53 pm by Filo »

well you can have solid shits or runny shits, but at the end of the day they're still shits 😀😀😀

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on July 14, 2018, 04:08:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Between his ears.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on July 14, 2018, 05:12:49 pm by scawsby steve »

well you can have solid shits or runny shits, but at the end of the day they're still shits 😀😀😀

The runny shits are the worse; and you don't even know until you take your bike clips off.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on July 14, 2018, 05:44:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
There is little to argue about here really.

Even at our current rate of spending we make a loss each season of well over a million quid. Up to two million I recall.

Someone has to foot that bill otherwise we have to either reduce expenditure or find new miraculous income. Note also that even at height of Championship success we rarely filled the stadium. If ever.

So we need a plan that involves either the owners continuining to give away millions of their money with no hope of ever seeing this (note that this is millions, not thousands or even tens or hundreds of thousands but millions) or try over a period to get the club on a footing where it can more or less pay for itself.

To do this we either find more supporters willing to pay lots more money, or we cut expenditure massively (we would basically be cutting wage bill in half to recoup that million or so quid) or do what owners are doing and trying to find some contribution from commercial income and a ‘develop and sell’ model.

So what we are talking about here is how we make the best use of the budget we have - there is no question of talking about a bigger budget from the pockets of our owners. It ain’t going to happen and nor should it!

The manager needs to identify players that can take us forward and then like Marquis no doubt, be sold for a load of money.

Just so long as we don’t get treated to some of the utter dross of last season under Ferguson.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:48:33 pm by Chris Black come back »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on July 14, 2018, 06:04:18 pm by Cantley Rover »
There is little to argue about here really.

Even at our current rate of spending we make a loss each season of well over a million quid. Up to two million I recall.

Someone has to foot that bill otherwise we have to either reduce expenditure or find new miraculous income. Note also that even at height of Championship success we rarely filled the stadium. If ever.

So we need a plan that involves either the owners continuining to give away millions of their money with no hope of ever seeing this (note that this is millions, not thousands or even tens or hundreds of thousands but millions) or try over a period to get the club on a footing where it can more or less pay for itself.

To do this we either find more supporters willing to pay lots more money, or we cut expenditure massively (we would basically be cutting wage bill in half to recoup that million or so quid) or do what owners are doing and trying to find some contribution from commercial income and a ‘develop and sell’ model.

So what we are talking about here is how we make the best use of the budget we have - there is no question of talking about a bigger budget from the pockets of our owners. It ain’t going to happen and nor should it!

The manager needs to identify players that can take us forward and then like Marquis no doubt, be sold for a load of money.

Just so long as we don’t get treated to some of the utter dross of last season under Ferguson.

Didn't I read on here that we are now in a position where we can stand on our own feet and not need the £2m input from the owners?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on July 14, 2018, 06:40:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
There's definitely no cash flow issue.
SM, is there some sort of issue, then, as there just appears to be something not quite right. Are we hanging back with our quality signings for a reason?

Don't ask me what I'm getting at, because I have no specific idea, it's just a gut feeling I have. We don't appear to be as proactive in the market as I would have expected for a team aiming for a top 6 place this season.

Genuinely concerned as things stand.

donyderek

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on July 17, 2018, 03:11:58 pm by donyderek »
Hasn't McCann said he's finished with the transfer market. He did. We have a team no better than last year
         Fergie new how to get out of this division, McCann doesn't. Why change, McCann is cheaper, he has a desire and willingness to play the kids, cheaper than Fergies quality players, All McCann has done is switch to 433 and we've only one strìker. He's not spent any money at all one in one out, if you look Dosnt look good to me. Personally can we really afford a championship budget. Or is it just marketing by the board,
     The board know the costs and the answer to that one.
    We need investment a take over.
               Until then we are just a football team   Too good for div2 not good enough for a top 6 div 1

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on July 17, 2018, 04:39:37 pm by silent majority »
Hasn't McCann said he's finished with the transfer market. He did. We have a team no better than last year
         Fergie new how to get out of this division, McCann doesn't. Why change, McCann is cheaper, he has a desire and willingness to play the kids, cheaper than Fergies quality players, All McCann has done is switch to 433 and we've only one strìker. He's not spent any money at all one in one out, if you look Dosnt look good to me. Personally can we really afford a championship budget. Or is it just marketing by the board,
     The board know the costs and the answer to that one.
    We need investment a take over.
               Until then we are just a football team   Too good for div2 not good enough for a top 6 div 1

Yes, Fergie got us out of this league at the first time of asking.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on July 17, 2018, 04:55:44 pm by Retdon1 »
With Liam Hoden tweeting that having spoke to McCann were looking at adding one more striker and that’s us done... we are lacking in midfield. You can’t rely on McCullough fitness wise. We haven’t replaced houghton and to a lesser extent kongolo. We have no depth at all defensively. Where has this larger budget been spent. We have only brought in Crawford, Anderson and the lad on loan and released 5 and sent 4 loans back... that’s 3 In 9 out and we were lacking in depth last season.... makes you wonder if that’s why we kept Lund because he won’t be on much.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on July 17, 2018, 05:06:28 pm by mushRTID »
With Liam Hoden tweeting that having spoke to McCann were looking at adding one more striker and that’s us done... we are lacking in midfield. You can’t rely on McCullough fitness wise. We haven’t replaced houghton and to a lesser extent kongolo. We have no depth at all defensively. Where has this larger budget been spent. We have only brought in Crawford, Anderson and the lad on loan and released 5 and sent 4 loans back... that’s 3 In 9 out and we were lacking in depth last season.... makes you wonder if that’s why we kept Lund because he won’t be on much.

If we’ve got a larger budget, and considering Williams will have been on a fair whack it surely cannot all be spent.

Maybe McCann is saving some until January when he will have had a proper look at his squad?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on July 17, 2018, 05:09:53 pm by Filo »
All I can say is McCann better get off to a good start, or things will get hostile pretty quick, the signs don't look good at all

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on July 17, 2018, 05:13:05 pm by Retdon1 »

If we’ve got a larger budget, and considering Williams will have been on a fair whack it surely cannot all be spent.

Maybe McCann is saving some until January when he will have had a proper look at his squad?

I get saving some back for January but he’s not spent anything yet and we are 3-4 players short from having a decent squad and that’s before injury’s. When you consider McCullough, Andrews and Crawfords injury records the last few years I don’t understand not strengthening further.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on July 17, 2018, 05:14:11 pm by The Red Baron »
There's a great opportunity to ask Grant McCann about his plans at the AGM tonight.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on July 17, 2018, 05:21:31 pm by Alan Southstand »
I get saving some back for January but he’s not spent anything yet and we are 3-4 players short from having a decent squad and that’s before injury’s. When you consider McCullough, Andrews and Crawfords injury records the last few years I don’t understand not strengthening further.

You can add Rowey's recent operation to that as well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on July 17, 2018, 05:46:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Copps can't do 46 a season either.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on July 17, 2018, 06:15:23 pm by RedJ »
There's a great opportunity to ask Grant McCann about his plans at the AGM tonight.

Guaranteed none of the people that demand answers will bother showing up to ask.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on July 17, 2018, 06:16:39 pm by Boomstick »
All I can say is McCann better get off to a good start, or things will get hostile pretty quick, the signs don't look good at all
it is really concerning, i agree things will get hostile at the keepmoat if we get off to a poor start.
 just hope it won't be directed at Mcann.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on July 17, 2018, 06:57:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Plenty of folk will be suspicious about his Dingle ways but everyone deserves a second chance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012