Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:31:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Opinions On Tonights Meeting  (Read 13879 times)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Re: Opinions On Tonights Meeting
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2013, 09:27:36 pm by The L J Monk »
As was discussed in the Off Topic section a few weeks ago, the number of Polish people living in Doncaster is overstated. According to the Census it's just under the 5,000 mark.

There are in fact more Scottish people than Polish people living in Doncaster.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2013, 09:28:26 pm by BobG »
Wouldn't get much of a crowd would we?

BobG

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2013, 10:52:12 pm by nice one rovers »
notes mean nothing id rather hear it from the horses mouth i brought a question up last time about giving those not in work cheap tickets (rather have a seat filled for £5 than nowt at all )
he said it was noted and we will hear summat  but nowt been done so what do you reckon ??????
I hope you were joking with that idea?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2013, 10:56:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we debated the idea some while ago and I think the general concensus was why should those out of work be advantaged over those in work and paying full price.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2013, 11:14:19 pm by NickDRFC »
What did everyone make of the safe-standing roadshow?

I think its good to have Bruce Grobbelar's support!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2013, 11:15:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
As was discussed in the Off Topic section a few weeks ago, the number of Polish people living in Doncaster is overstated. According to the Census it's just under the 5,000 mark.

There are in fact more Scottish people than Polish people living in Doncaster.

Those tight buggers are never going to pay for tickets though. The Poles much better bet. If you believe the Daily Mail they are all rolling in benefit money and have brought over huge families to live off the state, and probably killed Diana.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2013, 12:09:35 am by PDX_Rover »
That safe standing thing looks small. Is it for people like Warwick Davies?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 09, 2013, 08:16:22 pm by hoolahoop »
Just goes to show what good these meetings can do. These are all good suggestions and appealing to the Polish contingent hadn't crossed my mind at all. I'll never make CEO at this rate :crying:

Seriously though, great stuff from the club.

DMBC currently has a population of over 20,000 Eastern Europeans (mainly Poles and Ukraines) . This of course takes into account foreign passport holders and the waves of immigrants from these countries since the turn of last century but not those that were born here i.e 2nd/3rd generation Eastern Europeans. That is one helluva % of our population !! If we could court them in a similar forum to that of the other night and in their language .........you just never know whether we can attract them to what after all is their national sport but at DRFC.
The opportunities are out there , the Polish/Ukrainian/Latvian clubs are out there, their shops are out there, their websites are out there...we just need to reach out to them.
Perhaps it may just put hundreds on the gate.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 09, 2013, 09:49:29 pm by DC- »
May struggle with the Polish/Kosovan communities on price. I'm sure it costs a fraction to watch football back in their home counties, I'd assume that they'd think twice about the cost.
However, no harm in trying and all it needs is a sign in another language.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 09, 2013, 11:33:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anyone know a Polish person with an interest in football? May be we can ask their opinion.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 10, 2013, 08:42:33 am by idler »
Why not give a few pairs of tickets out to their clubs/shops so that they could experience a game and report back to their mates.
It might just generate a bit of interest and needn't cost too much.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 10, 2013, 12:35:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Why not give a few pairs of tickets out to their clubs/shops so that they could experience a game and report back to their mates.
It might just generate a bit of interest and needn't cost too much.

That was exactly what I as thinking of Idler if we don't try .we will never know oh and btw we play in the same colours.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 10, 2013, 12:50:07 pm by River Don »
Why not ask them on here?

Anyone on here read Polish, they're talking about us!

http://www.doncarski.co.uk/forum-polakow-w-doncaster-yorkshire/Doncaster/120-doncaster-rovers-rownia-pochyla.html

Edit: Ah, bit of this

None of Doncaster supporters throughout the match did not sang in honor of the team and he made no cry, ruled visiting supporters in the stadium. The grim atmosphere in the absence of top scorer Billy Sharp composition (sold to Leicester) to fulfill this defeat to Doncaster Rovers, whose team was preparing supporters from the beginning of the season. Soon Upload photos from the game.

but then a bit of this.

Matches they look a lot better than last season, it's probably because of the level of the league is lower. On Saturday, I will be there too!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:55:06 pm by River Don »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 10, 2013, 12:54:04 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm guessing he didnt enjoy it......

In zeszla Saturday with Notts County Cup Roversi played FA Cup, they lost 2-0 at the SEBI does not result from the last level represented by the rozniacy team. The obnizyly Club specifically for this match in order to attract supporters of the price for groups £ 27 to £ 10, but maybe a little more cheering supporters was none. None of the supporters by not zaspiewal on the whole match at Doncaster Hello teams do not wzniosl okrzyku, the fans were rzadzili at the stadium. The grim atmosphere, no best gunner in the composition of Billy Sharp (sold to Leicester) dopelnilo this lost cause to which team Doncaster Rovers supporters since the beginning of the season the kijow. Soon throw the pics from the match.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 10, 2013, 12:56:00 pm by RobTheRover »
The 2nd guy's post...

Doncaster Rovers after relegation to League One is doing well so it is a good chance to rise again toChampionship Sheff Utd-match draw last Doncaster 0: 0

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 10, 2013, 12:56:12 pm by hoolahoop »
n last Saturday Roversi played with Notts County in the FA Cup Cup, losing 0-2 at SEBI - the result is not different from the level most recently represented by the team. Authorities dropped the club especially for the price match tickets to attract supporters from £ 27 to £ 10, supporters can was a bit more but none doping. None of Doncaster supporters throughout the match did not sang in honor of the team and he made no cry, ruled visiting supporters in the stadium. The grim atmosphere in the absence of top scorer Billy Sharp composition (sold to Leicester) to fulfill this defeat to Doncaster Rovers, whose team was preparing supporters from the beginning of the season. Soon Upload photos from the game.

Poor translation but you get the gist.......there is interest, price does matter and we were outsung by oppo fans yet again.  :lol:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 10, 2013, 12:58:22 pm by RobTheRover »
The first guy's 2nd post....

Games look much better than last season, it's probably because the level is about a League lower. On Saturday I'll be there too!

So, he comes to games and is enjoying it.  We need to find out who this chap is.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 10, 2013, 12:59:26 pm by River Don »

Games look much better than last season, it's probably because the level is about a League lower. On Saturday I'll be there too!

So, he comes to games and is enjoying it.  We need to find out who this chap is.

Indeed, try leaving a post on there perhaps?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 10, 2013, 01:00:37 pm by RobTheRover »
My polish is rusty.

Just looked and there is an email link from the chap's profile.  Might be worth dropping him a line.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 10, 2013, 01:01:58 pm by hoolahoop »

It's becoming a manhunt however we could be poles apart.  :chair:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 10, 2013, 01:04:40 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm sure we can all talk the international language of football.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 10, 2013, 01:05:27 pm by River Don »
Will you do it in your capacity as a VSC Director like?

Send him towards Viking Chat (if his English is up to it) be interesting to get more of his opinions.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 10, 2013, 01:06:35 pm by RobTheRover »
Yep, I'll do it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 10, 2013, 01:09:04 pm by BobG »
Could ask him  if he knows anyone bi lingual who would be willing to take on the job of unofficial messenger?

BobG

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 10, 2013, 01:17:40 pm by River Don »
Isn't the internet staggering?

A quick search for Polski Doncaster and there they are with a local website a forum and everything and coincidently it turns out a couple of them at least are watching Rovers occasionally. It's just all so instant.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 10, 2013, 01:21:12 pm by silent majority »
There are a few Polish lads in the East Stand at nearly every game, I've seen them quite often this season.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 10, 2013, 01:27:10 pm by River Don »
Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga DON CAR SKI!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 10, 2013, 01:27:50 pm by RobTheRover »
Could ask him  if he knows anyone bi lingual who would be willing to take on the job of unofficial messenger?

BobG

Contact made. 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 10, 2013, 01:31:04 pm by hoolahoop »
There are a few Polish lads in the East Stand at nearly every game, I've seen them quite often this season.

How appropriate them sitting not that far away from the Comrade Ryan banner as generally they detest the Ruskis

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 10, 2013, 01:31:59 pm by hoolahoop »

BobG

Contact made. 

Jeez that was quick , can you pull me a Polish bird that fast too Rob ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012