Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:47:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Another tells Barnsley to piss off!  (Read 5126 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Another tells Barnsley to piss off!
« on January 09, 2013, 07:43:01 pm by Filo »
Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw

EXCLUSIVE...Terry Butcher turns down Barnsley...more to follow
Retweeted by Football Heaven

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
Re: Another tells Barnsley to piss off!
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2013, 07:50:47 pm by MR A-Z »
Could it be for us?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2013, 07:54:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd love to see their reaction if we got him...

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2013, 07:59:00 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Doubt it with the statement I've just read, wants to finish what could be a very historical season for ICT.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2013, 08:04:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Oh, dear, can't be good only getting your 3rd choice manager! To be fair it's to be expected, ICT could well be in Europe next year, and Barnsley, erm... won't be. Shame! :lol:

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2013, 08:10:19 pm by Jim Dobbin »
He loves the life up there too, more than a footballing decision l imagine.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2013, 08:12:35 pm by benaldo »
Doubt it with the statement I've just read, wants to finish what could be a very historical season for ICT.

If that statement is true it's just another piece of evidence that somewhere in football manager land, they still think "normal" people are idiots. So let me get this right Mr Terrence "Bloody bandage round your head" Butcher - you took 2 days of protracted negotiation to come to the conclusion you "want to finish what you started" in Scotland? Or perhaps, was it the realisation that the $$$ offered at Barnsley wasn't really up to much?

I hope he doesn't end up here. That moronic "bloodied hero" nonsense means zip all in football management. I'd much rather rovers had a manager who knew what he was doing rather than someone who used to be able to play football, badly, with concussion and a small head wound.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 08:14:10 pm by RobTheRover »
Exactly.

A lovely place on the banks of Loch Ness, clean fresh air, etc.

Or an ex-council house in Kendray.

No brainer.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2013, 08:18:39 pm by Akinfenwa »
His record at Inverness is good. All the other clubs he's been sacked from, not so good.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2013, 08:47:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
This what happens when you carry out the interview process in the media. Lets hope we do not. I appreciate the media do find out things but lets keep it quite if we can.
Third choice or fourth choice may have to be desperate now to accept the job and the supporters know that.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2013, 08:55:53 pm by wilts rover »
So Barnsley's next manager will be worse than someone who was sacked by Donny Rovers and someone who was sacked by Brentford - and Keith Hill. Westley or Evans for me then.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2013, 09:17:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Steve Kean.

You heard it here first.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2013, 09:47:55 pm by selby »
Darren Moore anyone

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2013, 05:22:49 pm by silent majority »

If that statement is true it's just another piece of evidence that somewhere in football manager land, they still think "normal" people are idiots. So let me get this right Mr Terrence "Bloody bandage round your head" Butcher - you took 2 days of protracted negotiation to come to the conclusion you "want to finish what you started" in Scotland? Or perhaps, was it the realisation that the $$$ offered at Barnsley wasn't really up to much?

I hope he doesn't end up here. That moronic "bloodied hero" nonsense means zip all in football management. I'd much rather rovers had a manager who knew what he was doing rather than someone who used to be able to play football, badly, with concussion and a small head wound.

Oh dear, you see Mr Terrence "Bloody bandage round your head" Butcher, knew exactly what he was doing. What's the simplest and easiest way to get a significant pay rise? Just convince your boss that somebody else has offered you an extra zillion grand a week and if they don't match it then your off.

Exitus acta probat

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2013, 05:31:23 pm by hoolahoop »
Exit stage right more like.........the Dingles job isn't too attractive is it .  :lol: :lol: :lol:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2013, 05:35:25 pm by silent majority »
Exit stage right more like.........the Dingles job isn't too attractive is it .  :lol: :lol: :lol:

He played it well though didn't he?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2013, 05:46:47 pm by hoolahoop »

He played it well though didn't he?

Of course he did and I suspect he won't be the last before some idiot accepts 2/6 a week and all the gobstoppers he can eat.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 10, 2013, 07:55:45 pm by NickDRFC »

I don't think anyone here, or anywhere else for that matter, is saying he's a good manager because he used to put his head where it hurts as a player. Agree with what youre saying about coming for talks not tallying with wanting to finish what he started, but not with the rest of your rant.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2013, 09:21:16 am by Jim Dobbin »
He was offered the largest pay packet any Barnsley manager as ever had according to Radio Sheff and in the TB interview he says the money was very good. The "Tarn" lads at work are saying it would have been a fair whack especially if they were better wages than what they were shelling out around their Premiership days when players and staff were on double or even treble of todays players. They had a goalkeeper that was on £10,000 a week when Bassett was manager one of the lads was saying this morning.

Any manager that takes that job on could have a relegation on their CV so its difficult to sell, but if they're only 4 pts from safety, a win this weekend could see it in a different light. Interesting towards the end of that interview when Walker asks Butcher about the Rovers job...

It also seems their former manager currently at Coventry doesn't want the Rovers Job. Whoever gets it will come as a complete surprise to me, l'll leave it in the safe hands of JR.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:26:30 am by Jim Dobbin »

KETrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2013, 09:48:01 am by KETrover »

I think that has to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever read on this forum. And that really is saying something. Well done sir.

You really are out of touch with reality clearly. Have you ever heard of loyalty? He has a winter break in Scotland, his team aren't playing, he got offered the chance to talk to Barnsley, a team in the championship while he is at ICT, why would he not go for talks? Never once did he say he was going to take the job. All he was going to do was have talks.

He's done a good job at ICT and got them to 2nd with a chance of European football. And hes getting slated for wanting to finish off what he started there?

The mind baffles as to how outrageous your post sounds.

Football managers/players alike, get criticised so much for having 'no loyalty' in the 'modern day football'. As soon as a manager shows some loyalty, you have a go at him! Bizzare

It clearly isnt about money, as he will of no doubt been offered a better package and more money at a championship club like Barnsley, rather than where he is at Inverness, seen as we all know how bad of a state the Scottish game is in.

I really do hope your post was a joke. Because if not you have clearly shown you have a very limited knowledge and quite obviously are on some sort of drugs.

Up the Rovers

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2013, 05:59:35 pm by i_ateallthepies »
One of my contacts told me he was all set to take the job until he went on the Dingles forum and read a couple of them saying unkind things about him.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 12, 2013, 02:33:16 pm by benaldo »

I think that has to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever read on this forum. And that really is saying something. Well done sir.

You really are out of touch with reality clearly. Have you ever heard of loyalty? He has a winter break in Scotland, his team aren't playing, he got offered the chance to talk to Barnsley, a team in the championship while he is at ICT, why would he not go for talks? Never once did he say he was going to take the job. All he was going to do was have talks.

He's done a good job at ICT and got them to 2nd with a chance of European football. And hes getting slated for wanting to finish off what he started there?

The mind baffles as to how outrageous your post sounds.

Football managers/players alike, get criticised so much for having 'no loyalty' in the 'modern day football'. As soon as a manager shows some loyalty, you have a go at him! Bizzare

It clearly isnt about money, as he will of no doubt been offered a better package and more money at a championship club like Barnsley, rather than where he is at Inverness, seen as we all know how bad of a state the Scottish game is in.

I really do hope your post was a joke. Because if not you have clearly shown you have a very limited knowledge and quite obviously are on some sort of drugs.

Up the Rovers

That's like saying you're still loyal to your wife even though you've been chatting up another bird for two days, openly, and discussing your future together.....only to go back to the wife when you find out the bird is a man. Hardly loyal.
Or perhaps you believe that Butcher just wanted a holiday in Barnsley for two days? And.....how do you know it wasn't about money? It seems like everything to do with money, unless you're suggesting that Butcher had absolutely no idea where Barnsley were in the league and what crap players they had until he got there??! I fail to see what convinced Butcher to stay if it wasn't purely about money? The quality of the Barnsley pies, or the thought of living in "Englands Tuscany" perhaps?
I'm not slating Butcher for staying at ICT, if you read the post again (without having the open glue pot too close to you) you'll see that for yourself.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 12, 2013, 02:49:05 pm by ScillyRover »
Paul Ince was at Oakwell yesterday.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 12, 2013, 03:24:59 pm by Chris »

That's like saying you're still loyal to your wife even though you've been chatting up another bird for two days, openly, and discussing your future together.....only to go back to the wife when you find out the bird is a man. Hardly loyal.

I wish I could find a wife who gives me permission to be "chatted up" by other women!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012