Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:29:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GS is the new favourite  (Read 7654 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
GS is the new favourite
« on January 11, 2013, 11:49:56 am by Donnyjim »
Ffs! :facepalm:

For once in our lives, lets not go for the cheapest option. This will be a mistake, mark my words.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: GS is the new favourite
« Reply #1 on January 11, 2013, 11:56:46 am by Chris »
This isn't the cheapest option. The bookies are feeding on scraps. They don't know more than us.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 11, 2013, 11:58:53 am by PaulRover08 »
Ffs! :facepalm:

For once in our lives, lets not go for the cheapest option. This will be a mistake, mark my words.

Cheapest Option? Both of our last managers have been in work and have required a compensation payment when the cheaper option would have been an out of work manager. Think before you post such emotional drivel.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 11, 2013, 12:02:41 pm by GazLaz »
He's only the favourite because he's the only one that there is confirmation that has got an interview. I guarantee you MR is JR's number one choice.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 11, 2013, 12:03:29 pm by KC_DRFC »
Like Chris says i don't actually think the bookies have any idea at the moment. I think GS would do a good job

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 11, 2013, 12:10:19 pm by jonnydog »
There's no way bookies are basing it on mere guess work. With all the applications they won't have even finished interviewing (if they've even started), Rumours on here have died down and I would imagine it will be on here first.

Relax everyone. Besides, I reckon the Flynn/Jones Combo might just come up trumps for the foreseeable!!

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2013, 12:19:48 pm by MachoMadness »
I guarantee you people are getting info from this forum and putting money on. If we all clubbed together and put a fiver each on Guardiola he'd soon be odds on favourite as well. Interviews don't even start til next week. The bookies haven't got a clue.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 11, 2013, 01:06:22 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
I guarantee you people are getting info from this forum and putting money on. If we all clubbed together and put a fiver each on Guardiola he'd soon be odds on favourite as well. Interviews don't even start til next week. The bookies haven't got a clue.

How funny would that be.
Get some money on Jose too.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2013, 01:07:03 pm by Donnyjim »
He's only the favourite because he's the only one that there is confirmation that has got an interview. I guarantee you MR is JR's number one choice.

Has MR got an interview Gaz?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 11, 2013, 01:08:47 pm by GazLaz »
Bookies only respond to what people back. Names are leak out through various sources and people have it on. There's no smoke without fire usually.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 11, 2013, 01:10:01 pm by GazLaz »
I don't know about MR. Just know he's the first man JR was interested in. Will be a hard one to land though.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 11, 2013, 01:30:35 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Gazlaz I agree with what you say about the bookies not having a clue but how do you know MR was the first man JR had in mind?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 11, 2013, 02:29:07 pm by RoversAlias »
Where was it confirmed that GS (whoever that even is!?) has got an interview?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 11, 2013, 02:46:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wasn't even aware Gordon Strachan had applied!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 11, 2013, 02:53:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I wasn't even aware Gordon Strachan had applied!

Maybe we should get Gordon Strachan - he certainly knows how to get a player without paying a fee  :chair:

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 11, 2013, 02:53:56 pm by LincsRover »
According to Oddschecker Steve Lomas is 2/1 best price favourite (evens at Stan James), followed by Robins at 4/1 (not coming!) and GS at 12/1. Gary Smith next best at 16/1 - so I assume GS is Glynn! Bookies are guessing - you cannot read anything into the betting, which is unusual, I have to say!! You'd be mad to have a bet, someone will come out of the shadows and surprise us all!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 11, 2013, 03:50:59 pm by RedJ »
I'd love to know how they reckon they know even though interviews begin Wednesday :unsure:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2013, 04:12:49 pm by Chris »
I'd love to know how they reckon they know even though interviews begin Wednesday :unsure:

I've been wondering this. They're basing their odds on pretty much zero concrete information (other than Flynn and Snodin). I wonder how much money they actually make from these markets at this stage.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2013, 04:17:33 pm by MrWoodySir »
I don't want Snodin, I don't think he's be able to hack been in such a pressurised job in his first managerial role. If I we're him I'd go to a mid-table League One-Two side first and then build from their.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2013, 06:36:00 pm by ravenrover »
What are the odds on Flynn and Jones getting it for the rest of the season? The more I think about it the more it seems likely. JMHO

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2013, 07:18:36 pm by Nudga »
I don't want Snodin, I don't think he's be able to hack been in such a pressurised job in his first managerial role. If I we're him I'd go to a mid-table League One-Two side first and then build from their.

Do you know him personally? If not, then how do you know if he'd be able to handle the pressure or not?

Snods in for me. Just because I am sentimental and I think he would unify ALL the supporters even if some thought he wasn't management material.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2013, 07:56:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought he meant Gordin Sinclair from Gregory'sGirl.

Do for me if he brings Claire Grogan wi him.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2013, 08:25:13 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

Altered Images style or Kristine Kochanski style? :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 11, 2013, 10:38:36 pm by IDM »

Altered Images style or Kristine Kochanski style? :)

either ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 11, 2013, 10:49:18 pm by hoolahoop »

Not for me either , this forum has encouraged this and imo it would be a mistake. I loved him as a player but as a manager ? not as manager yet surely. Why do supporters always think that classy ex-players will always succeed when they come back as an untried manager ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 11, 2013, 10:54:14 pm by dickos1 »
I don't think they do hoola, he's an established coach/assistant manager, at the very top level.
A lot of managers started just as a coach, Saunders, sod just 2 examples, but then you've got people like Steve Clarke, Brendan rogers, also
Everybody has to start somewhere

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 11, 2013, 11:00:54 pm by hoolahoop »
I don't think they do hoola, he's an established coach/assistant manager, at the very top level.
A lot of managers started just as a coach, Saunders, sod just 2 examples, but then you've got people like Steve Clarke, Brendan rogers, also

I appreciate that but he wouldn't be my first choice , we have some very experienced pros in the team, a league position to consolidate and some very strong candidates by the looks of it. I loved the fella as a player it's just my personal opinion that now may not be the right time to bring him in........call it gut feeling if you like.
Robins/Irvine/Laws for me please.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 11, 2013, 11:05:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I appreciate that but he wouldn't be my first choice , we have some very experienced pros in the team, a league position to consolidate and some very strong candidates by the looks of it. I loved the fella as a player it's just my personal opinion that now may not be the right time to bring him in........call it gut feeling if you like.

Could do without Laws   :blush:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 11, 2013, 11:07:58 pm by hoolahoop »

Put that one in as a joke seeing as though every other manager has been mentioned. My views on Laws are well known.  :lol:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 11, 2013, 11:11:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Put that one in as a joke seeing as though every other manager has been mentioned. My views on Laws are well known.  :lol:

Gi up Steve I know you love him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012