Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:45:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Me and DRFC IV  (Read 2217 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Me and DRFC IV
« on January 11, 2013, 09:55:21 pm by belton rover »
Isn't it a funny old game?

The little Beltons twisted my arm on New years day and dragged me to the Keepmoat for my third game of the season.

That's when it happened. It was just a twitch at first but, gradually, it grew and grew. I just knew I couldn't be angry anymore and realised it was time to forgive and forget. I was tingling again and it was very nice.

I finally admitted that perhaps there was something more to Saunders than cringeworthy cliches after all. It was time once again to embrace my club with the same blissful, unwavering and unconditional love a dog shows its master, a swan has for its mate, or Clegg gives to Cameron. How could I ever have doubted Sir John?

Now that the fickle football ferris wheel has taken Saunders higher up (as Butcher has a butchers at the Barnsley one way rollercoaster and decides he'd rather stick with the kiddies rides, and O'Driscoll queues up for a bit, but realises, when he gets to the front, how shit it is close up), I put my faith back in DRFC, and wait patiently for whoever will be given the honour of managing my wonderful club.

As long as it isn't Keith Hill.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Me and DRFC IV
« Reply #1 on January 11, 2013, 11:30:38 pm by RobTheRover »
Welcome home, Belton.  Welcome home.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 11, 2013, 11:33:10 pm by hoolahoop »
The prodigal son returns.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

KETrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2013, 12:32:27 am by KETrover »
Embarrassing how you had to leave in the first place.

"through thick and thin"  obviously not

Up the Rovers

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2013, 12:34:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The Anger management courses are really good these days Belton :laugh:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 12, 2013, 12:19:52 pm by belton rover »

Up the Rovers

What does KET stand for anyway?

I'm pretty sure the 'E' must be for 'encumbering' and the 'T' is either 'tiresome', 'tedious' or 'troll'. I'm really struggling with 'K' though.

You're not called Kevin are you? That would explain a lot.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 12, 2013, 01:47:33 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
Well Belton, it must be an Isle thing. I seem to have followed pretty much the same emotional journey as you. After supporting the Rovers for the best part of 35 years, I never imagined that I could feel the way I felt last year, resulting in me not renewing my season ticket. Probably worth adding that I didn't just fall out of love with the Rovers, it was football in general.
The New Years Day game was my 3rd of the season, Stevenage the first and I can't even remember the second (it was that forgettable - I know it was a Tuesday night and I decided to give it another go seeing as I work in Doncaster).
Back to your point - I too got 'that' feeling again and have started to believe that I may (some time soon) be prepared to make those many sacrifices to support my club as I know I should.
Here's hoping to a good result today. Effort, passion and a few glimpses of quality is all I ask.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 12, 2013, 02:57:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's you lost of soft-as-shite east-of-Donny folk.

On run of 18 months of shite football, near-Weaver-esque points haul, loss of a cherished footballing principle and importation of a bunch of mercenary toss pots and you lose your love of the club?

Where's your spunk lads. Us lot on the hard-bitten west side of town would cheer on 11 Carl Swanns playing with the cock tied together with gaffer tape and managed by Jimmy Krankie, just so long as they wore the hoops.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2013, 03:00:29 pm by Viking Don »

Up the Rovers

I'm pretty sure the 'E' must be for 'encumbering' and the 'T' is either 'tiresome', 'tedious' or 'troll'. I'm really struggling with 'K' though.

I'm guessing Ketamine.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 12, 2013, 03:01:37 pm by Wellred »

On run of 18 months of shite football, near-Weaver-esque points haul, loss of a cherished footballing principle and importation of a bunch of mercenary toss pots and you lose your love of the club?

Where's your spunk lads. Us lot on the hard-bitten west side of town would cheer on 11 Carl Swanns playing with the cock tied together with gaffer tape and managed by Jimmy Krankie, just so long as they wore the hoops.

Agreed BST what happened to RTID I wonder.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 12, 2013, 03:35:22 pm by hoolahoop »

Up the Rovers

I'm guessing Ketamine.

Certainly not ''Knowledgeable'' that's for sure.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 12, 2013, 05:59:38 pm by belton rover »

In my defence, it had little to do with the poor run of results or the relegation.

But yes, I have gone a bit soft since I moved out here. It is near Scunny you know.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012