Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:33:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What about Continuity?  (Read 1897 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
What about Continuity?
« on January 12, 2013, 12:54:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What about letting Flynn and Jones have the job till the summer,then see where we are?,the advantages would be Brian will already know who needs to go and stay,he's got plenty of experience,wouldn't be on a massive wage.

The disadvantages of bringing in a new manager is,the new feller would need a few weeks to weigh up what the squads strengths and weaknesses are,he might change the style of play,thus negating playing to the players we have strengths,if it's not broke don't fix it,i think Flynn would just carry on with the same style maybe with a slight adjustment here and there,it's important we try to get promoted this season,nobody is anything special this season in this league,next season who knows it could be a lot stronger,if i was in charge of the finances,i'd like to see a quick striker who can finish,to add to what we have,what about Cassidy at Wolves?,was on loan at Tranmere,and i know he was involved in the Luton game,what's the chances of getting him on loan?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: What about Continuity?
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2013, 02:25:56 am by newyankee »
No chance of Cassidy Sammy, he has already played for the relevant number of teams this year. Players are only allowed so many teams each season and he has hit the quota. He has to stay with Wolves for the rest of the season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2013, 09:18:45 am by IDM »
Does that apply to loanees?  I know a player can only be "owned" by no more than two clubs in a season, but you see players going on loan to more than one club from their parent team.  Emile Sinclair belongs to Peterborough yet has been on loan to Barnsley and now to us.  Has Cassidy been on loan to more than Tranmere?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2013, 11:09:49 am by DonnyOsmond »
Does that apply to loanees?  I know a player can only be "owned" by no more than two clubs in a season, but you see players going on loan to more than one club from their parent team.  Emile Sinclair belongs to Peterborough yet has been on loan to Barnsley and now to us.  Has Cassidy been on loan to more than Tranmere?

Nope and he only had played for Tranmere until last night, now he's played for Tranmere and Wolves. Sinclair has played for 3 teams this season. So to be honest I don't understand how they can claim he's reached the quota.

Cricketer3

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2013, 11:45:40 am by Cricketer3 »
if its going to stay in house and with someone who knows the players paul stancliffe and lee butler fit the bill for me.big stan must be doing something right 5 youth team players in first team squad last seasons cup win could do worse and butler been around team along time and well thought of by last 2 managers.
dont think we will go this way being in playoff place but like the idea
 :rtid:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 12, 2013, 12:39:10 pm by RoversAlias »
No chance of Cassidy Sammy, he has already played for the relevant number of teams this year. Players are only allowed so many teams each season and he has hit the quota. He has to stay with Wolves for the rest of the season.

Loanees do not count as part of that as far as I know. I don't know why but that's how it is.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 12, 2013, 12:48:21 pm by Dutch Uncle »
This reminds me of the achievement of Kevin Bremner (no relation to Billy) who scored for 5 clubs in one season (1982-3) - 3 of them on loan (Birmingham, Wrexham, Plymouth) between a transfer from Colchester to Millwall. I think he may be the only player ever to achieve that.

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 12, 2013, 12:51:48 pm by RedmanRufus »
if its going to stay in house and with someone who knows the players paul stancliffe and lee butler fit the bill for me.big stan must be doing something right 5 youth team players in first team squad last seasons cup win could do worse and butler been around team along time and well thought of by last 2 managers.
dont think we will go this way being in playoff place but like the idea
 :rtid:

What a baffler. You are saying you want a goalkeeper coach and a youth team coach with no managerial experience at this level to guide us to promotion?

Terrible shout that.

You reds

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2013, 01:41:51 pm by newyankee »
Sorry about that one fellas. I was going on something I read that Cassidy was going back to Wolves, and  as he had had the number of clubs allowed, could not go on loan again this season. I have just got up, looked on Wikipedia and he has only played for Tranmere. Sorry for misleading you all.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 12, 2013, 02:18:02 pm by MachoMadness »
Cassidy started for Wolves last night so it seems Deano is a fan, don't think he'll be going anywhere just yet!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012