Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:20:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What I foresee for the management!!!  (Read 1548 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
What I foresee for the management!!!
« on January 12, 2013, 05:10:52 pm by newyankee »
  This is just my opinion, but I think the Board will keep messers Flynn and Jones to the end of the season. If, as we all hope we get promoted that will be the time to bring in a new manager.

At that time I foresee Jonsey retiring to concentrate on coaching/management and becoming assistant to the new man.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
Re: What I foresee for the management!!!
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2013, 05:12:56 pm by Northants Nomad »
Nooo! I do understand your thinking but on current form and fitness, assuming it continues to May, I think Rob is not anywhere near retirement. Surely he has a year or two extra. Player/coach I could agree with but can't see retirement this year.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2013, 05:23:43 pm by wilts rover »
Jones is our best player, the team would be very different without him and why would he retire? Long may he keep leading from the field - which is why I dont want him as manager.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2013, 05:25:51 pm by glosterred »
IMO if we win against Orient next weekend and a new manager has not been appointed, then it would be difficult to get rid of Flynn/Jones - if we then get promoted and Flynn and Jones are still in charge - would you get rid of them then?

COYR

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2013, 05:28:26 pm by newyankee »
 The other possibility is as a player coach in the new manager's set up. I don't see any way that JR and the others would want to lose the chance of keeping Jones in some capacity. I don't see that as being a full time player at Championship level.

He somewhat hinted in his interview that he was looking to management and this was a chance to learn. As I said, this is just my opinion, we are all entitled to have one. 
    I am quite prepared to be proven wrong when  the time comes, in the meantime it makes for good debate.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 12, 2013, 05:28:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Flynn as manager and Jones as player/assistant manager permanently imo.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 12, 2013, 05:30:21 pm by newyankee »

That may well be the answer Donny, but I thinkBrian Flynn would be a good Directoe of Football ( seeking out new players) as he has done so far this season. He seems to be a good judge of players.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 12, 2013, 05:32:18 pm by Northants Nomad »
  this is just my opinion, we are all entitled to have one. 

You absolutely are mate. Totally agree with that right. And I do have some agreement with you - Rob Jones has a chance to start his move into Management/Coaching via this route. The only bit I disagree with you is that Rob is anywhere near retirement.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2013, 05:39:10 pm by newyankee »

What I would not like to see is a new manager come in and do to Jones what they did at Wednesday get promoted and let him go, it could happen!!

We would then lose him to another Div One or Div Two team and become a forgotten man. I think he is too valuable to Doncaster in whatever capacity, but we MUST keep him in some form.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 12, 2013, 05:41:52 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
give them the job ,save our money maybe get another player

TinyPortal © 2005-2012