Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:48:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Bradford City game  (Read 7744 times)

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Bradford City game
« Reply #90 on January 30, 2024, 09:46:02 pm by RoversInSpain »
Not too many positives,
However Wood and McGrath did well and Cook never got a sniff. That’s progress, and we won some headers from crosses into our box, that’s virtually a miracle.
Thought we actually put in some very good crosses tonight, pity Faal wasn’t around.
And
Sutton lost, phew!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 30, 2024, 09:48:23 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I didn’t think we stopped trying, but there was no invention or imagination in what we do. I know it may not be popular to say this, but Close so often just exchanged square passes in midfield. You surely expect more from a good player in that position. Olowu, on the other hand, should learn what a safe pass is. 

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 30, 2024, 09:48:43 pm by Dare to dream! »
I just don’t even know what I’m watching most games - we were crap tonight and couldn’t string two passes together.

We’ve got a huge month coming up and I can’t see us winning any of the games.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 30, 2024, 09:49:35 pm by Thorney »
Until they scored all we did was lump it upfront, some of gm signings really are poor, time to go and get a manager that actually knows this division

Was like the players have never played together.

2 teams who have had very poor seasons on display there and we are the worst of the 2. Anybody who thinks we played well in that game are in denial. Play like that for the rest of the season and we wont win another game.

Totally unfair summary of that performance.

I wish it was. The players look deflated, like they have given up. There wasnt any point in that game tonight where we looked to be on top and we didnt ever have them on the back foot and camped in there half.
Poor passing and a midfield that was weak as piss.

If the players and management team believe that we had a good game tonight then we are f****d and have really set our bar low.

This was a bradford team who have been just has bad as us this season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 30, 2024, 09:50:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Saturday is big. We have Sutton, and Forest Green go to Colchester. If we can get a draw and Colchester win, we have a platform then.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 30, 2024, 09:50:59 pm by ncRover »
We were very poor tonight.

The replacements for the early injuries actually improved us as well, so there’s no point blaming that.

Bradford (one of the most out of form EFL teams) played on the same poor pitch and played better football.

Going down.

Bore off with your negativity.

I’m not a negative poster.

Please highlight 1 piece of attacking quality in that performance.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 30, 2024, 09:51:21 pm by jmt23 »
It was an even game, some naughty tackles if that is the right word, accounting for Molly and Carty,  Close was a 50/50.
I felt we had the better chances, and caused more issues for their defence than they did ours, an ok free kick for the goal, I think 9 times out of 10 a keeper saves them though.

Two very average league two teams.

I do worry without close what we may be like, people can say what they want - but he is better than us and league 2. It may be the reverse though and players grasp the opportunity.

As poor as the ref was, he should’ve carded a few, it wouldn’t have changed the score, we aren’t clinical enough in front of goal.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 30, 2024, 09:51:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That will be another youth loan to replace Close.

Craig probably fits better in that (Whiteman) role than the one he's been played in (Kane's) so far.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 30, 2024, 09:52:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
There was no obvious pattern of play. It was defend, then once in possession, hammer ball up front. That was it. No width. No balls wide. No wing play. No overlapping full backs. Just huge balls fired to Ironside.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 30, 2024, 09:54:10 pm by normal rules »
Saturday is big. We have Sutton, and Forest Green go to Colchester. If we can get a draw and Colchester win, we have a platform then.

Sutton is huge. I’d say a win is essential. Rovers cannot allow Sutton or FGR to get any closer points wise. 7 is a nice buffer. 4 or 3 less so. Plus our GD is only going one way.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 30, 2024, 09:57:29 pm by scawsby steve »
So looks like we need an experienced midfielder to replace Close and a goalkeeper tomorrow before the window shuts.

Mush, mate, you need to read the DFP article. GM says that Jones has had a "very good season", and he won't be bringing in another keeper.

Anyway, we can't replace the whole squad, even though the majority of them are f*cking rubbish.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 30, 2024, 09:58:19 pm by Dare to dream! »

Sutton is huge. I’d say a win is essential. Rovers cannot allow Sutton or FGR to get any closer points wise. 7 is a nice buffer. 4 or 3 less so. Plus our GD is only going one way.

100% we are a sinking ship and we need to stop it with a win at Sutton.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 30, 2024, 09:58:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t understand how we are so much worse than even last season.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 30, 2024, 10:01:38 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Im always curious why some people feel the need to come on here after every defeat and remind us how shit we are! As if we dont watch the games or see the league table ourselves! Strange bunch…it’s almost as if they enjoy it!

Anyway, I’ve personally never known a season like this one, particularly for injuries which have been devastating. Would any team say outside the top 6 in the Premier league have been able to cope with this level of misfortune? Of course some of players clearly haven’t been good enough this season and for others their confidence is shot to pieces I’m sure. For me it’s just about getting through to the Summer and building for next year now which is pretty depressing but over the years I’ve realised that this is often the Rovers way!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 30, 2024, 10:02:13 pm by mushRTID »
So looks like we need an experienced midfielder to replace Close and a goalkeeper tomorrow before the window shuts.

Mush, mate, you need to read the DFP article. GM says that Jones has had a "very good season", and he won't be bringing in another keeper.

Anyway, we can't replace the whole squad, even though the majority of them are f*cking rubbish.

I have read it and I don’t agree with him.

We badly need a goalkeeper.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 30, 2024, 10:03:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If defence of the poor attacking play I wouldn’t blame McCann if after Stockport the only focus has been defending with a modicum of competence.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 30, 2024, 10:05:21 pm by normal rules »

There is individual talent within the team, but their inability to play together , as a cohesive unit, is their Achilles heel.
And I do wonder if enough is being done behind the scenes to cultivate that team spirit and camerarderie .
Do rovers for instance overnight it anywhere on away games?
I was at the Holiday Inn last sat morning near Warmsworth. The Stockport County Team stayed there overnight. Now unless I’m mistaken, Stockport isn’t that far away. But perhaps it’s their clubs team building approach to get them all together away from day to day distractions, together. Perhaps that is why they play much more  as a team that this crop of rovers players.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 30, 2024, 10:08:41 pm by Thorney »
Im always curious why some people feel the need to come on here after every defeat and remind us how shit we are! As if we dont watch the games or see the league table ourselves! Strange bunch…it’s almost as if they enjoy it!

Anyway, I’ve personally never known a season like this one, particularly for injuries which have been devastating. Would any team say outside the top 6 in the Premier league have been able to cope with this level of misfortune? Of course some of players clearly haven’t been good enough this season and for others their confidence is shot to pieces I’m sure. For me it’s just about getting through to the Summer and building for next year now which is pretty depressing but over the years I’ve realised that this is often the Rovers way!

Fans are fed up of just getting through to the summer and build again. Its been 3 years of utter dross. They are going to come on here to vent their disapointment. Thats what this forum is for. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose, well rovers fans anyway.

If you believe/realised that this is the rovers way then you really have accepted mediocre football.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 30, 2024, 10:10:34 pm by murham »
Total Sunday football first half
Different team second half
Poor goalkeeping…..terrible goalkeeping….lost for words
He’s professional?
No play out of defence just kick it out.       Poor
It’s sad but losing Faal is a disaster
Please just go for it on Saturday,every game now is a cup final

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on January 30, 2024, 10:11:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

There is individual talent within the team, but their inability to play together , as a cohesive unit, is their Achilles heel.
And I do wonder if enough is being done behind the scenes to cultivate that team spirit and camerarderie .
Do rovers for instance overnight it anywhere on away games?
I was at the Holiday Inn last sat morning near Warmsworth. The Stockport County Team stayed there overnight. Now unless I’m mistaken, Stockport isn’t that far away. But perhaps it’s their clubs team building approach to get them all together away from day to day distractions, together. Perhaps that is why they play much more  as a team that this crop of rovers players.

Injuries don’t help but I’m convinced the players were lined up for Schofield and a lot don’t fit McCann. That’s got to be a big reason got the lack of cohesion

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 30, 2024, 10:12:38 pm by scawsby steve »

I have read it and I don’t agree with him.

We badly need a goalkeeper.

We badly need a team, Mush. We're the 3rd worse team in the entire EFL. You can't blame one player for that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 30, 2024, 10:13:17 pm by dickos1 »
I was watching a different game to most I think, last half an hour we battered them.
Anyone who looked at that pitch and thought it would be a good idea to pray about at the back with it needs sectioning

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 30, 2024, 10:13:29 pm by Redroy »

Never known a season like this one, apart from last season. And the season before.

Always the same shite on the injuries front, and the performance and the result front.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 30, 2024, 10:13:52 pm by pib »
Sutton lost 2-1 at home.

Harrogate up to 8th!

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 30, 2024, 10:14:58 pm by Thorney »
I was watching a different game to most I think, last half an hour we battered them.
Anyone who looked at that pitch and thought it would be a good idea to pray about at the back with it needs sectioning

Battered them?????

You really are clutching at straws dickos.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 30, 2024, 10:16:00 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The people at the top aren’t organised, it shows in how things are going on the pitch. The manager has had a long time to develop a style of play, he hasn’t. It needs a new start and not waiting until next season. The only way we stay up at the minute is if those below us don’t get enough points. We need a manager to come in and lift the place. We need the owners to get their heads out of their a..es and stop kidding themselves they’re doing a good job.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 30, 2024, 10:16:14 pm by murham »
Goodbye league 2….start making plans for the national league

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 30, 2024, 10:17:40 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Fans are fed up of just getting through to the summer and build again. Its been 3 years of utter dross. They are going to come on here to vent their disapointment. Thats what this forum is for. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose, well rovers fans anyway.

If you believe/realised that this is the rovers way then you really have accepted mediocre football.

You need to be pragmatic as a Rovers fan fella. 45 years of supporting them has taught me that it’s largely forgettable, sometimes thoroughly depressing and occasionally fantastic. That’s the way it is and if you want or expect anything else then you’re following the wrong team. As for fans venting disappointment then I’ve no problem with that, but how often do you see certain posters only appear after a defeat and do a disappearing act after a victory? You don’t need to look far.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 30, 2024, 10:20:25 pm by Colin C No.3 »
We were very poor tonight.

The replacements for the early injuries actually improved us as well, so there’s no point blaming that.

Bradford (one of the most out of form EFL teams) played on the same poor pitch and played better football.

Going down.

Bore off with your negativity.

I’m not a negative poster.

Please highlight 1 piece of attacking quality in that performance.

Down the right hand side of their penalty area Sterry (I think) cut a ball back to Taylor who drove a along the six yard box but Mitchell just failed to get a connection otherwise it was a certain goal.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 30, 2024, 10:20:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Years of making bad decisions has led to where we are at the minute. It really hurts seeing all the hard work by Penney, O’Driscoll etc, undone . Doing things on the cheap must stop if we are to have a chance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012