Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:59:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What do YOU want?  (Read 2208 times)

MartinB

What do YOU want?
« on November 10, 2013, 12:45:23 pm by MartinB »
JR wanted promotion to Championship level and a major cup....he got it.

IF you were to be chairman of DRFC what would YOU want?

* I'd like prices to be so cheap that matches are very well attended.

* I'd want great links between all junior clubs in the area and have an amazing youth team set up....the aim would be to have 5 or 6 home grown lads in the first team every week.

* I would like to be able sell players on for large profits and re-invest that money back into stadium/youth team/community.

* The aim would be to play as high a level as possible but if that's League Two then so be it....just as long as fans can afford to attend and we have home grown talent.

What would YOU want?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: What do YOU want?
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2013, 12:48:29 pm by Sprotyrover »
Rovers in the Prem,prestige and mega bucks for the club and town.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2013, 12:51:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
The club to be owned by the fans/community as a whole.

EDIT: That is as well as most of what Martin proposes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:57:23 pm by Mr1Croft »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2013, 12:54:53 pm by River Don »
I agree with Martins list.

I'd add, I'd like Rovers to be as good as they can be and play at as higher level as possible but I don't want them to risk all to do it.

A growing, successful, sustainable community club.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2013, 03:04:53 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
Agree with all the above and....
I'd like Rovers to be the club that burst the bubble of the sport that I used to love so much but now pretty much couldn't care less.
I don't know the answer and it may not even be possible but, I would like the game to be affordable for everyone and I would like to watch 11 players playing for Doncaster because Doncaster means something to them - not because we're the only club who would have them or, we were offering the best contract etc.
I don't need the Premier League to be perceived as the best league in the world, nor am I bothered about a British Team winning the European Cup, therefore get rid of all the mercenaries ( many of whom we saw two years ago at the Keepmoat ) and give our local talent a chance.
If this mean playing in the first and second divisions then so be it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2013, 07:59:51 pm by normal rules »
a full km every week at affordable prices.

an area of the ground to stand in, legally.

more home grown talent- even at the expense of playing at a lower level.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2013, 08:01:23 pm by LincsRover »
A full stadium every week with a fantastic atmosphere and rovers playing great football - at as higher level as possible, but not necessarily premiership if it means selling the soul of the club.

:rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2013, 12:14:47 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
certainly tick most things on that list. For football to survive, there has to be winners and losers. That means sometimes you have to take your medicine and hope to come back stronger at some point. That becomes easier to handle if you have most of those things in place.

Having a combination of those things should be a recipe for success as long as you know what success is for a club of our size. If it becomes virtually impossible for the likes of Burnley, Blackpool, Wigan, Barnsley (towns with modest crowds by comparison) to get in to the top flight once in a while then we have totally lost the game. Sadly, we're not far off that now.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2013, 12:18:36 am by Norfolk N Chance »
JR wanted promotion to Championship level and a major cup....he got it.

IF you were to be chairman of DRFC what would YOU want?

* I'd like prices to be so cheap that matches are very well attended.

* I'd want great links between all junior clubs in the area and have an amazing youth team set up....the aim would be to have 5 or 6 home grown lads in the first team every week.

* I would like to be able sell players on for large profits and re-invest that money back into stadium/youth team/community.

* The aim would be to play as high a level as possible but if that's League Two then so be it....just as long as fans can afford to attend and we have home grown talent.

What would YOU want?

Ambition!!!

Never stop still otherwise we will be back in the conference.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2013, 08:14:56 am by Standanista »
Rovers in the Premier League, ambition, kudos and investment for the town on the back of it. Settling for League 1 doesn't cut it; I (and many others) have watched enough of that, and worse, in the past 30-odd years, and I'm over it.  If we try and fail and end up in the Conference again then so be it, but at least we did try.  League 1 or Conference makes no difference, but a place in the Prem would put Donny - both club and town - on the world map.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2013, 09:16:11 am by IDM »

What would YOU want?

I would want to see a sustainable, well run DRFC.

I would want to look forward to going to the football, home or away, and to see (on most occasions) and entertaining 90 minutes of football.

I want to see DRFC competitive on the pitch, especially against higher ranked or "better" teams.

I want to see occasional success, ie cup runs, promotion challenges etc.

I don't care what division that is in, nor what crowds we attract!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2013, 09:40:43 am by bobjimwilly »
League 1 or Conference makes no difference, but a place in the Prem would put Donny - both club and town - on the world map.
Portsmouth were in the Prem once. So were Coventry. So were Bradford.

There is a world of difference between League 1 and Conference! How many fans would we lose for a generation if we went back down to the 5th tier? How much money would we lose? All for one season in the prem?

No thanks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 11, 2013, 09:42:03 am by IDM »
And Barnsley, and Swindon, oh and Wimbledon, in their original guise - and we all know what happened to them!

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 11, 2013, 10:52:50 am by BigColSutherland »
League 1 or Conference makes no difference, but a place in the Prem would put Donny - both club and town - on the world map.
Portsmouth were in the Prem once. So were Coventry. So were Bradford.

There is a world of difference between League 1 and Conference! How many fans would we lose for a generation if we went back down to the 5th tier? How much money would we lose? All for one season in the prem?

No thanks.

The Pompey fans I know are loving League Two.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 11, 2013, 12:24:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm sure they prefer it to the Prem mate  :P

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 11, 2013, 12:35:47 pm by wing commander »
  I just want to know that in a couple of years time when my son is old enough..I will still have a club to take him to watch his first game...Premier,league1 or Conference ....
  I don't care wether it's JR,DB or SC...I just want to be sure that the future of MY team/club is not put in danger by anyone with loans that are saddled back to the club....

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 11, 2013, 12:44:55 pm by Scooter »
A well run sustainable football club. Big links with the fans & community. A well respected and developing academy. And a team pushing high up in the championship and aiming for the prem. Don't hire mercenaries - develop a talented squad. Gain promotion to the prem but use the money wisely - not on big name players or wages.
maybe be a yo-yo club like west brom - look at them now!
Follow the lead of swansea. They used to be crap like us - now look at them.
Keep moving forward and alwsys have ambition

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 11, 2013, 01:37:32 pm by RTID75 »
  I just want to know that in a couple of years time when my son is old enough..I will still have a club to take him to watch his first game...Premier,league1 or Conference ....
  I don't care wether it's JR,DB or SC...I just want to be sure that the future of MY team/club is not put in danger by anyone with loans that are saddled back to the club....

Amen to that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012