Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:23:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So Brammall in favour of the deal....  (Read 2806 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
So Brammall in favour of the deal....
« on November 11, 2013, 01:21:51 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
How stupid must the VSC directors feel now??!??!

Time to go!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redbrez

• VSC Member
Re: So Brammall in favour of the deal....
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2013, 01:26:03 pm by redbrez »
WTF is going on? Puzzled is beyond me

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2013, 01:29:08 pm by RedJ »

Time to go!

Challenge them in an election then and change things how you see fit if you are elected.

But you won't do that will you.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2013, 01:32:08 pm by Drover »
Think the point NFC is making is that many said we should back TB because he does not want the club to do a risky deal with SC like JR does,But it seems TB also wants to do a risky deal with SC.If im wrong I apologise now.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2013, 01:33:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Time to go!

Challenge them in an election then and change things how you see fit if you are elected.

Work with these lot?

You must be kidding !!

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2013, 01:33:45 pm by nortikorner »
why are they stupid ? is it because they have a different view to you , grow up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2013, 01:35:47 pm by IDM »
Perhaps, just perhaps, the deal on the cards now is different to the original plan, that or TB has more information than a few months ago?

Why would the VSC directors feel stupid?  TB is just as entitled to change his opinion as everyone else is.  Get off your anti-VSC high horse, or stand up and do something about it!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2013, 01:38:42 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Plain for all to see the VSC directors knew nothing about the takeover but jumped to conclusion after conclusion without listening to anyone.....

The TB thing this morning....... well that was the icing on the cake!!!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2013, 01:39:47 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Absolute cobblers!!
Very strange how TB is suddenly in favour of the deal now JR has resigned. Two faced, no, I won't say what I was going to.
Hopefully, what will happen now, is the takeover will go ahead and the new owners will see fit to bring JR back as Chairman

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2013, 01:42:05 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Norfolk,
You're wasting your breath mate. It's so obvious what's been going on, but some people are so blind to the obvious they can't even see it when it's jumped up and smacked them in the gob.

ITK my backside!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2013, 01:47:37 pm by RedJ »

Time to go!

Work with these lot?

You must be kidding !!

So rather than try and change things for what you see as the better yourself, you're wanting other people to step up to the plate for you because you can't be arsed.

Bet you must be f**king brilliant to work in a team with if you don't like one of the members...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2013, 01:50:55 pm by silent majority »
Amazing!

For the umpteenth time we are not pro-TB or anti-Jr, we're anti SC until we get decent answers to our questions. Nothings changed!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 11, 2013, 01:51:54 pm by River Don »
TB said this morning in his interview he did not want or expect JR to resign as chairman and he still feels JR is Donny Rovers number one fan. That doesn't sound like a two faced bloke out to score petty points.

And the VSC as an entity have never been pro or anti anyone on the Rovers board. Their concerns lay with the Sequentia Capital.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 11, 2013, 02:07:35 pm by Lipsy »
So many people, so many conclusions jumped to.

We don't even know if the directors were ever looking to ensure the long-term future of the club in any takeover deal. We just have Gavin's word that that's the case. Something he spluttered out - somewhat reluctantly - after having to concede that there had been takeover talks (minutes earlier he had flatly denied that fact).

So even though he said that, has anyone got any proof that he 100% meant it? Bueller? Bueller?

I think it's most likely that the directors will want to do that, but still, there's no proof and I think the phrase he used has been used on this very forum to criticise JR/the SQ deal. Ergo, the deal must be bad for the club if the other directors haven't agreed to it, because Gavin said they wouldn't sign something that wasn't good for the long term future of the club... Again, proof? No, didn't think so...

It seems that, in the end, the directors would like out (and who can blame them for so many, many reasons), but they'd also like their money paid to them now rather than later (again, who can blame them?).

As for TB kicking JR out... Proof? Did JR jump? Was it a stunt? Was it a calculated gamble to force TB to agree to the deal? Who knows? However, in his press conference JR stops short of saying he's gone for good... http://ow.ly/qH81O In fact, he says he'd come back under a totally different regime...

I maintain that they're all playing games. Everybody lies, as Hugh Laurie often said on American TV.

Oh, and in the TB interview, TB says - right at the end, if memory serves - that he would consider becoming Chairman... See - everybody lies.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 11, 2013, 05:55:07 pm by Muttley »

As for TB kicking JR out... Proof? Did JR jump? Was it a stunt? Was it a calculated gamble to force TB to agree to the deal? Who knows? However, in his press conference JR stops short of saying he's gone for good... http://ow.ly/qH81O In fact, he says he'd come back under a totally different regime...

I maintain that they're all playing games.

Sounds about right to me.

JR leaves TB and DW holding the baby, they don't fancy it (and after the dog's abuse they've received this weekend who can blame them) so they agree with SC that if the deal includes them getting their cash back straight away, then they're welcome to the club and JR gets to be the puppet king.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 11, 2013, 08:42:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
the exact quote from bramall re: the SC deal is:

I'm prepared to accept the deal in the terms that I thought we were discussing

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 11, 2013, 08:45:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
the exact quote from bramall re: the SC deal is:

I'm prepared to accept the deal in the terms that I thought we were discussing

I.E. Past tense.

This doesn't mean he wants to deal now in the slightest. It's exactly the same position as when the deal got turned down. Nothing has changed.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 11, 2013, 09:09:29 pm by PDX_Rover »
Problem is, too many people on here are too f**king stupid to see what's clearly in play here. And they've spouted too much shite on here to change their views without looking like the sheep they have become.

It's all a game. John Ryan wants a cash injection as his business is by all account floundering, but seemingly doesn't want to give up his position at Rovers. He brings a dodgy company to the table who it would seem can't tell a straight story to save their lives. Are they Irish, from Belize, the Cayman Islands or a London Hedge fund, with a solicitor in where, Wakefield (?), and Web designers in Slough or somewhere equally glamourous? A company who (or maybe JR was behind this) threatened fans with legal action for having the cheek to ask questions.

The deal is clearly not in the interest of the long term future of DRFC, as two thirds of the owners, who are significantly more wealthy than JR and don't need the money, so they reject it. JR then orchestrates a campaign that seeks to marginalise his fellow owners, claiming they are impeding progress, as he can't get his own way. He lies about what was actually said. In fact, the facts change as often as the wind....

The other owners hold firm and in fact look to make moves to maximize the assets that the club has, so Rovers can move forwards in a sustainable manner, rather than a 'Hail Mary' shot for glory selling the soul of the club in a deal with more holes than Blackburn, Lancashire, to some entity that will bail JR out.

Well sorry, JR has lived a very charmed life as Chairman. He is loved by Rovers fans, me included, but this whole situation was started by him. Rather than work with his co-owners to actually do what is best for the club, he's acting on what's best for himself. Without the KM2, we'd be a mid-table L1 club at best. That's as far as JR could have taken us. And that's no fault of JR's. He has a relatively small personal estate compared to the KM2.

Well nicely done John. You just might be able to have your cake and eat it, to the detriment of Doncaster Rovers FC.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012