Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:44:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unity  (Read 1883 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Unity
« on November 15, 2013, 05:00:25 am by roversdude »
At the end of the day we are all Rovers fans (with the odd exception)
We need to unite behind the team and help achieve the short term goal of 3 points next Friday
Whatever your thoughts about the rights and wrongs of the last week or so, airing these at the game will only prove to be a distraction
Let's funnel all of the energy towards the guys wearing the red and white on the pitch

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Unity
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2013, 07:02:35 am by hoolahoop »
Yep and I'm coming back from Birmingham on Friday by ambulance.
Had a call from PD yesterday seeing how I was too. Tell you what lads we have a decent, down to earth and focussed guy at the helm and those points will start to build up.
He is more than happy with the club and has not been distracted by what has been going on at Board level one iota
I got the impression from talking to him that the team were focussed, a well bonded unit and raring to go and had not been affected by the machinations at Board level.
So fellas please less of the 'Dickov out' threads and attacks on particular players …......TIME TO GET BEHIND THE MANAGER AND OUR TEAM. RTID

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 15, 2013, 07:19:23 am by RobTheRover »
Smashing news Hoola. I bet that perked you up no end.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 15, 2013, 08:03:07 am by ctay »
Good stuff Hoola, nice touch my PD/the club.

It would be nice if we could all pull in the same direction, but under current circumstances and until we know more about what is going on it will be difficult.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 15, 2013, 08:56:39 am by wilts rover »
Blimey are we that desperate, PD ringing hoola to play straight from the ambulance with not even a fitness test never mind a reserve game under his belt! That's certainly on the mend, what did they give you, the same stuff they gve Lance Armstrong?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 15, 2013, 09:06:43 am by hoolahoop »
Smashing news Hoola. I bet that perked you up no end.

Perked me up massively as I was having one of those negative days that all cancer sufferers have on recovery.
Strange I had a great day and night on bladder training.....coincidence I'm not sure but it worked.
We have a great club there not withstanding what is going on at Board level, we always have. Its not a 'big' club but its a decent club on the whole and that's for most of us it becomes an addiction.
I'm sure that despite the daft things that have gone on in the recent past that stability will soon be back and we can ALL get back to following/supporting the team instead off individual Directors. That is what it is /has been all about for over a century. RTWD NOT RTID should now be the future thinking for all of us.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 15, 2013, 09:38:24 am by Donny Dub »
I was very glad to hear that you're on your way home Steve and I greatly wish for your rapid and full recovery.  It was very good of Mr PD to call you too knowing it would improve your moral.  I regard our new manager now with even higher esteem.
Good luck!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 15, 2013, 09:42:32 am by silent majority »
Nice to hear Steve.

What would Rovers do? Quite clearly they would show concern to a member of its community, good on them.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 15, 2013, 10:27:46 am by Viking Don »
At the end of the day we are all Rovers fans (with the odd exception)
We need to unite behind the team and help achieve the short term goal of 3 points next Friday
Whatever your thoughts about the rights and wrongs of the last week or so, airing these at the game will only prove to be a distraction
Let's funnel all of the energy towards the guys wearing the red and white on the pitch

Hopefully by next Friday we'll have a better idea of where our club is going (but I'm not holding my breath). Can't see how there can be unity until the current situation is remedied one way or the other. Until it is people will be taking sides and that can't be healthy.

Nice touch from PD Hoola, at least someone at the club is acting with dignity.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 15, 2013, 10:28:04 am by DearneValleyRover »
Fantastic news all round, well done Rovers, well done Paul but most of all great to hear that you are on the road to recovery Steve. Let's get behind the lads and cheer them on to an overdue win against Yeovil and hopefully help speed Steve further up that road.

FilanDivorce

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 15, 2013, 10:31:27 am by FilanDivorce »
Nice gesture and it definitely wouldn't have happened if Terry Bramall wasn't at the club.

Paul Dickov's a genuine guy, i want him to be successful at Doncaster Rovers so much! Love him.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 15, 2013, 01:06:41 pm by ravenrover »
The lengths some people will go to just to get a phone call from PD HUMFFFFFFF!!

Good to hear you are on your way home Hoola. keep up the fight  :boxing:  :thumbsup:

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 15, 2013, 01:16:47 pm by RTID75 »
Great news on your situation Steve! I just know you can't wait for your own bed - it's probably the thing I like most on getting home.

Superb of the club for the manager to call you. I'd be well chuffed if that happened to me. :)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 15, 2013, 02:40:38 pm by roversdude »
Glad to hear too Hoola, now about the No 5 shirt do you think you can squeeze in it for Friday

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 15, 2013, 03:41:08 pm by hoolahoop »
Blimey are we that desperate, PD ringing hoola to play straight from the ambulance with not even a fitness test never mind a reserve game under his belt! That's certainly on the mend, what did they give you, the same stuff they gve Lance Armstrong?
Nah he was ringing me on behalf of the Blunts.....…I've been promised to them all along lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:44:25 pm by hoolahoop »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 15, 2013, 03:43:22 pm by Filo »
Nah he was ringing me on behalf of the Blunts.....…I've been promise to them all along lol

More importantly, did you sell him a car? :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 15, 2013, 03:47:03 pm by hoolahoop »
Nah he was ringing me on behalf of the Blunts.....…I've been promise to them all along lol

More importantly, did you sell him a car? :)
Not yet ssssh if he had known that I sold cars he would never have rung me!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 15, 2013, 03:56:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Did you hide under the bed when the nurse said someone on the phone is enquiring about a dodgy Rover?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012