Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:55:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Looking like the purse  (Read 3585 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Looking like the purse
« on November 26, 2013, 10:07:44 pm by since-1969 »
!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:51:50 pm by since-1969 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Looking like the purse
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2013, 10:30:28 pm by hoolahoop »
Stick with it , this is how it will be until the current situation unwinds. THINGS WILL GET BETTER PLEASE DON'T LOSE HEART

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2013, 10:35:48 pm by godlike1 »
Stick with it , this is how it will be until the current situation unwinds. THINGS WILL GET BETTER PLEASE DON'T LOSE HEART

How often have we heard this from those "in the know" ??????

The 3 main directors are causing the progress of this club to stutter once again by their shortmindeness

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 26, 2013, 10:43:30 pm by hoolahoop »

The 3 main directors are causing the progress of this club to stutter once again by their shortmindeness

I'm 'not in the the know' any more than anyone else is on here godlike but I've watched this team since 67/8 and probably like you have seen the worse and the best of this club. It's always the same.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 26, 2013, 10:46:32 pm by Wellred »

I'm 'not in the the know' any more than anyone else is on here godlike but I've watched this team since 67/8 and probably like you have seen the worse and the best of this club. It's always the same.

And having been to the game tonight that was the worst. It was embarassing. We were absolutely awful. If Charlton had scored 8 it wouldn't have been unjust.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:50:46 pm by Wellred »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 26, 2013, 10:48:54 pm by hoolahoop »

And having been to the game tonight that was the worst. It was embarassing. We were absolutely awful. If Charlton had scored 8 it would have been unjust.

It's just a game too far at a difficult point in our club's history. Things must get better for thr manager and the players.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:54:23 pm by hoolahoop »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 26, 2013, 11:08:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And having been to the game tonight that was the worst. It was embarassing. We were absolutely awful. If Charlton had scored 8 it wouldn't have been unjust.

That was "the worst" Wellred?

Worse than Port Vale in 1988?

Worse than Orient in 1997?

Worse than Ipswich in 2011?

The worst? Really? Sure you don't want to backtrack on that a bit?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 26, 2013, 11:09:33 pm by Wellred »

And having been to the game tonight that was the worst. It was embarassing. We were absolutely awful. If Charlton had scored 8 it would have been unjust.

It's just a game too far at a difficult point in our club's history. Things must get better for thr manager and the players.

I dread to think what QPR will do to us on Saturday if we play like that again.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 26, 2013, 11:10:14 pm by Wellred »

That was "the worst" Wellred?

Worse than Port Vale in 1988?

Worse than Orient in 1997?

Worse than Ipswich in 2011?

The worst? Really? Sure you don't want to backtrack on that a bit?

Nope Billy. It was embarrassing.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 26, 2013, 11:19:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
I think this IS the first time...............I AGREE WITH WELLRED..........We were very poor

How the score stopped at 2 I just don't know.

Man of the match............the ref for blowing the final whistle.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 26, 2013, 11:22:14 pm by dickos1 »
Why are the board getting the blame? Pd has said he's struggling to get players in cause other clubs won't let players out on loan so close to Xmas. Not sure why that's our boards fault??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 26, 2013, 11:26:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
WR

So. Was it the worst?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 26, 2013, 11:28:54 pm by Wellred »
It is very difficult when you are still so frustrated after watching that rubbish Billy. Trust me it was bad.
Whether it was as bad as the ones you mention, I don't know but it is a close run thing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 26, 2013, 11:43:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
WR

The three I mentioned were among the worst I can ever recall. 0-5 (against a L1 side), 0-8 (against a L2 side) and 0-6 against another Championship side.

We lost 2-0 tonight. It happens. We might well have been gash, but we are likely to be so when hammered by injuries like we are at the moment. We'll cope some weeks. We'll be overwhelmed other weeks.

Blow your nose, take a deep breath and put it behind you.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 26, 2013, 11:54:44 pm by GazLaz »
How it was only 2-0 I don't know. It felt like a 4 or 5 nil defeat. Honestly the worst I've seen I years. It's one thing losing 6-7-8 nil when you don't have a touch and the other team are great but we had chances to play against a poor side but looked amateur. I've seen is lose at Staylybridge and watched Hayes do the double against us home and away and tonight was up there.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2013, 09:11:47 am by hoolahoop »
Good if it was that bad and nowhere near as Billy's examples then the game against QPR will go one of two ways ( such is this league) we will do a Leicester on them and scrape through 1-0 or get a hiding like many other teams in this Division.
It wasn't a game where we would expect to take all 3 points from anyway so no big deal. We go out Kiko scores early and we do another 1-0 win hopefully. ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 27, 2013, 09:20:28 am by GazLaz »
Macheda definitely shows some Premiership ability at times. He can skin a man from a standing start and he can fashion an opening for himself. That's no food if he's only getting the chance to do it twice a game though.

One thing I did notice that a couple of times he was just plain greedy really but the other players didn't complain like you would expect, that tells me that they think he is the only liable spark so they just let him go for it. He always goes for the roof of the net when shooting which is all well and good if you hit the target but he usually doesn't. Sometimes a bit more composed finish would be more useful.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 27, 2013, 04:32:05 pm by CraigyBoy »
At the moment Macheda, Khumalo, and Turnbull are the only concrete bunkers in a hurricane blowing through Cardboard Road, Shantyville, Poorland.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012