Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:08:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Enda Stevens  (Read 2556 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Enda Stevens
« on December 01, 2013, 09:50:57 pm by CusworthRovers »
Don't know about you shit house monkeys out there, but I thought this lad was top banana.

Not seen any thread re him, considering he made his debut in a team that's leaked goals recently.

I thought LM and PQ had their best games and BK played to his usual high standard. Could Stevens be the key to that. It just seemed the balance was right across the back 4. There were no players out of position, or running out of position to cover a defender who was out of position (something that's been massively evident recently). A natural left back and right back are clearly worth their weight in gold.

Enda looked strong in the air
Enda looked strong in the tackle
Enda looked strong in his positioning

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Enda Stevens
« Reply #1 on December 01, 2013, 09:59:15 pm by albie »
He gave us balance on the left, which with the lack of left footers since Husband got injured is important. Took up good positions as well, and didn't drift, which has been a problem in some games.

Early days, but a decent start.

I also think McCullough deserves a pat on the back. Difficult coming in for Jones, particularly when he is a different type of defender, but I think he is maturing fast into a solid player.

I am glad we have stuck with him, and not paid out a shedload on a temporary signing like Wheater. You have to give young players a chance at some point to see if they can step up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:17:52 am by albie »

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 01, 2013, 10:04:22 pm by CusworthRovers »
Agreed Albie, I just wish Wakefield could get a chance too.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 01, 2013, 10:07:33 pm by Al4475 »
Agreed Cussy and I also thought he played one or two wonderful balls out of the back into the midfield on the deck - he looked very assured to me! Let's see how does in the next few too - early sign are that he could be a very useful addition.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:23:08 pm by Al4475 »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 01, 2013, 10:19:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
I thought he was very good indeed. On that performance he would keep Husband on bench.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 01, 2013, 10:51:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Definitely he was a key player yesterday. We had solidity down that flank for the first time since Husband's injury (and that's no insult to Wabara - he's been playing out of position and injured - Young however looked like he'd never heard the word "Defender" outside of Jimmy Hayes's in 1984. Kids. Ask your Dads)

Yesterday, we had a solid platform down that side and Duffy exploited it well. I like the look of the kid and he ought to fill the gap till Future England Left back is fit.

Mind, saying that, he'll about get decapitated and disembowled at St Andrews on Tuesdi neet.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 01, 2013, 11:06:31 pm by MiKA »
I thought we'd resigned Tommy Spurr  :whistle:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 01, 2013, 11:45:06 pm by newyankee »

I saw Enda a couple of years ago playing for Shamrock Rovers in the Europa Cup against Spurs. He did very well that night against Andros Townsend. Pleased we were able to sign him.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 02, 2013, 12:30:09 am by albie »
Local press reckon he is surplus to requirements at Vanilla, and has been available for transfer since August.

Under contract until the end of next season though, so that might be a sticking point if he is on a good whack.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 02, 2013, 12:37:45 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Think we'd have a decent chance of getting him,plus he'll probably be happy to join,i'd look at a permanent transfer,if he keeps doing well,i didn't go to the game,does he play like a proper ''Old Fashioned full-back'',ie defending comes first?,much prefer to have both full backs doing their defensive job and keeping solid,we've got enough quality further forward to not need ''Rampaging full-backs''

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 02, 2013, 04:32:14 am by roversdude »
Excellent debut against highly rated, experienced (and overpaid prima donnas)
Thought the entire back 4 played as a unit for first time in ages - a lot of credit for that though must go to our best midfield performance of season

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 02, 2013, 04:42:27 am by PDX_Rover »
Enda story.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 02, 2013, 07:45:59 am by Wild Rover »
Full league debut was against MU in November 2012. Had Nanny in his pocket that game.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 02, 2013, 08:22:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The lad Phillips down their right wing looked quick and tricky, but Stevens had him in his pocket. Got turned a couple of times, but he got back and got tackles in. I'm struggling to remember Phillips getting in behind him once.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 02, 2013, 08:58:36 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He'd be a good signing if money was right as he can play centre half too which would give good cover in both positions.  Early days but after one game I'd say he's much better a defender than our other loanee full back.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 02, 2013, 10:37:06 am by bobjimwilly »
Don't forget to vote for your mom against QPR! http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=243583.0

:scarf:

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 02, 2013, 11:25:59 am by eastender »
The lad Phillips down their right wing looked quick and tricky, but Stevens had him in his pocket. Got turned a couple of times, but he got back and got tackles in. I'm struggling to remember Phillips getting in behind him once.

Philips put one of the best crosses in that i've at the Keepmoat in the 1st half .
All it needed was someone on the end of it.
The ball went in with at speed and at the right hight , Turnbull couldn't come and collect it and any defender trying to clear it would have buried it in their own net.
In the end Quinny just ducked out of the way and prayed no one was behind him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 02, 2013, 06:06:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Philips put one of the best crosses in that i've at the Keepmoat in the 1st half .
All it needed was someone on the end of it.
The ball went in with at speed and at the right hight , Turnbull couldn't come and collect it and any defender trying to clear it would have buried it in their own net.
In the end Quinny just ducked out of the way and prayed no one was behind him.

Err...ahhh...yeah.

But apart from that one?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012