Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:36:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Injury situation  (Read 3504 times)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Injury situation
« on December 07, 2013, 10:50:07 am by goalkick »
Wonder how we are going on.not seen any update for a while.anybody with any info.   Cheers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Injury situation
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2013, 11:52:33 am by graingrover »
I have gleaned from snippets of info that .. Wellens can play but needs to nurse a stiff back especially on hard Keepmoat . Harry should be ready for Xmas games . De Val ready . Jonah not until New year as Husband . Nothing on Brown or Keegan .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 07, 2013, 12:14:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Brown coming on well. May be back for Leeds game next week but certainly will be available for Christmas programme. Nothing on Keegan. McCombe back playing for reserves in January/February.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 07, 2013, 12:20:02 pm by hoolahoop »
I had started to forget how many 'first teamers' were out injured. We are certainly going to need 2/3 back if we are to compete over this busy period.  :rtid:

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 07, 2013, 02:16:57 pm by goalkick »
Thanks for update guys.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 07, 2013, 02:21:42 pm by dknward2 »
brown on bench today

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2013, 12:29:48 am by BobG »
Did someone make a mess?

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2013, 12:33:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It's got to be the pitch,with the amount of different training regimes,and no matter what we keep getting them,if we can get a break with injuries,we've got a very decent team for this league.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2013, 12:38:57 am by BobG »
Surely not Sammy? :) I distinctly remember page after page on here stating that the fact that we have all these injuries is down to Sean O'Driscoll and his insistence that Dr Death be employed.

Hmmmm.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 08, 2013, 01:15:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Surely not Sammy? :) I distinctly remember page after page on here stating that the fact that we have all these injuries is down to Sean O'Driscoll and his insistence that Dr Death be employed.

Hmmmm.

BobG

We certainly haven't got a good pitch like we had at Belle vue,Bob,not the ground staffs fault,the conditions are not the same.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 08, 2013, 09:00:47 am by The Red Baron »
It's got to be the pitch,with the amount of different training regimes,and no matter what we keep getting them,if we can get a break with injuries,we've got a very decent team for this league.

We do seem to have a heck of a lot of players injured in training rather than in matches though. Yun, Keegan and Brown were all injured in training. Even some of those picked up at the Keepmoat (such as Husband) couldn't be put down to the pitch.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 08, 2013, 09:08:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think its down to our players having to play out of their skins every game to compete. Every game is like a cup final because our players have to play at the top of their game against better quality teams.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 08, 2013, 09:52:55 am by Chris Black come back »
Wellens said during the week that the Keepmoat pitch is rock hard and this creates problems for his long standing back condition. For other players this is likely to aggregate other problems eg I imagine Martin Woods wasn't helped having to turn out on that slab of granite while on the come back trail.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:29:00 am by Chris Black come back »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 08, 2013, 10:28:41 am by River Don »
I think the hardness of the pitch is down to the desso system, with it all being sewn together underneath. Andy Thompson might be able to put us right on that.

I do sometimes wonder if it's the best pitch for us to have, it takes a lot of maintenance, needing a complete overhaul every couple of seasons and when it gets out of shape it produces a nasty, sparse bobbly surface.

However when it's at it's best it does look to an exceptionally good surface, though I wonder if it's still hard even then?

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 08, 2013, 03:28:07 pm by Malc Morling »
Seem to think we did  not have as many injuries until we :chair: changed Cantley Park for me every ones blaming the Keepmoat but dont the lads use the park more? :chair: :chair:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2013, 03:41:34 pm by Filo »
I think the hardness of the pitch is down to the desso system, with it all being sewn together underneath. Andy Thompson might be able to put us right on that.

I do sometimes wonder if it's the best pitch for us to have, it takes a lot of maintenance, needing a complete overhaul every couple of seasons and when it gets out of shape it produces a nasty, sparse bobbly surface.

However when it's at it's best it does look to an exceptionally good surface, though I wonder if it's still hard even then?

Leicester
Bolton
Newcastle
Everton
Arsenal
Burnley
Huddersfield
Liverpool
Villa
Man City
Man Utd
Spurs
West Ham
West Brom
Norwich
MK Dons
Reading
Wycombe

All have Desso surface, do any of these have the same injury problems?

I reckon it's probably more to do with the sub surface construction rather than the surface it's self

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2013, 05:44:59 pm by graingrover »
Great to hear that YUN is coming back next Thursday ... and PD says he can play in more than one position . He's fighting to keep his place in the South Korean World cup squd so will be very motivated to play and that can be big benefit to us .

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 09, 2013, 09:49:08 pm by albie »
Looking up on the injury front;
http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=341366

No mention of Jones though. Anyone heard if he is on the mend?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012