Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:47:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thank you DRFC!!!....I think  (Read 3239 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Thank you DRFC!!!....I think
« on December 27, 2013, 08:15:43 pm by coventryrover »
A couple of weeks ago I got an email on my birthday giving me an opportunity to have a free ticket to watch either the Ipswich or Millwall  what a treat.

I have a 4yo boy who has never been to a proper football league match before.  He's been to local rugby in Coventry and a Leamington vs Guiseley match down here in the midlands.  He has also been to watch the Belles vs Brum at Stratford.  The advantage of these is that he can constantly walk round the grounds exploring things..a good thing as he has a typical attention span of a 4yo.

When speaking to the office to confirm my ticket I had a moment of madness and booked a £5 ticked so we can both sit in the SE corner.  Even though its Milwall (he's heard worse from john Buckley at close quarters :evil:) I am so looking forward to this right of passage.

He loves rovers, boos Cov City.  He supports ooop north and boos the sarf (in his words).

Has anyone got any advice about how to keep him entertained after the novelty wears off.  Already thought about angry birds, sticker books, pop and sweets?

Just want to say thank you to DRFC!!!!Will be spending some of the cash saved in the shop!!!

Ps the wife will be in Cov as staying with folks in Thorne.  she'll have kittens if she knew it was milwall :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Thank you DRFC!!!....I think
« Reply #1 on December 27, 2013, 08:23:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The south east corner is the opposite end to the away  fans.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 27, 2013, 08:26:55 pm by RedJ »
If you've got a smart phone, download some games for him to play on that. Works a treat.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 27, 2013, 08:27:14 pm by coventryrover »
The south east corner is the opposite end to the away  fans.
  Cheers for that :)  More worried about our lot!!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 27, 2013, 08:27:47 pm by coventryrover »
If you've got a smart phone, download some games for him to play on that. Works a treat.

4 lots of angry birds already on

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 27, 2013, 10:48:03 pm by winegums »
Buy him a programme to look at and Donny Dog normally stands in that corner.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 27, 2013, 11:26:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well the summer after we beat Dagenham to get back into the league my lad aged about 8 turned up at a  footie summer school  run by Dagenham players.
The first days he turned up in his Rovers away kit after the the initial laughs and wot the fook.... with me,  he won player of the week  :)  and all this after the night before the final I tied a rovers scarf to the gates at Victoria Road  :s and admitted it to the lads running the course

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 27, 2013, 11:47:42 pm by goalkick »
Well done Coventry your a good dad .happy new year started my grandson at 4. :thumbsup:

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 28, 2013, 12:32:49 am by coventryrover »
Cheers guys.  Its one of the things I thought was a fathers right, to inflict the footy team on the son...

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 28, 2013, 01:35:06 am by newyankee »

Were that there were more like you in Donny, Coventry. Maybe then we wouldn't have kids in Leeds, Wednesday, Man Utd and other teams shirts walking around and we would be able to get crowds of 10,000 plus to make us a sustainable Championship side. Maybe then there wouldn't be all the divisiveness which exists today.

Whoever owns the club, it belongs to the supporters, they are just custodians for the future. The sooner people realise that the better.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 28, 2013, 07:57:55 am by 1879Rovers »
You might want to take something for yourself to keep you interested as well.
I took my 5-year-old to Reading earlier in the season for his first game. He did well for the first half but his attention wavered in the second half. A good bag of sweets and something to keep him entertained did the trick.

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #11 on December 28, 2013, 09:09:33 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
Nice one CoventryRover. I have lived in nearby Solihull for the past 18 years, but in typical 'immigrant' manner, I was determined my two would grow up within the right faith and culture, despite where we lived and despite my dear wife coming from Essex.

My son, now just 18, reminisces like an old man about non-league days, the Britannia Stadium etc.

My daughter, now at Sheffield Uni proudly wears Rovers colours, and after 17 years of being with Mrs Longbridge, we finally consummated our marriage at a packed Keepmoat against Crewe in the JPT.

My dad took me to the Rovers from about the age of four and I have done the same likewise. Some say this is like how abuse happens in a family, but for me there is no greater gift than to pass on cultural identity, history and tradition, and others find my kids more interesting, with more stories to tell than baby couch potatoes fed a diet of Sky Super Sundays.

Have a good day Cov and son, and may it be the first of many........

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 28, 2013, 09:24:31 am by Al4475 »
If you like Cov - I may be able to slip his name into the proceedings when I do my initial start-up bit - problem with that is that it's always pretty empty then (2:15 at the latest) and if he's only four that's an even longer time to be sat around doing nowt!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 28, 2013, 06:22:42 pm by coventryrover »
If you like Cov - I may be able to slip his name into the proceedings when I do my initial start-up bit - problem with that is that it's always pretty empty then (2:15 at the latest) and if he's only four that's an even longer time to be sat around doing nowt!
.  Oh thank you fella.  His names Albert Healey though I was looking at getting into the arena latish.

Thanks for all your kind words guys...beats talking about takeovers etc etc

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 28, 2013, 06:40:38 pm by Al4475 »
We haven't got lots to be rabbiting about beforehand Cov - so keep him out of the arena as long as you can and I'll drop his name into the proceedings at Half-time as I only have two birthday messages to give out!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 28, 2013, 08:44:02 pm by coventryrover »
We haven't got lots to be rabbiting about beforehand Cov - so keep him out of the arena as long as you can and I'll drop his name into the proceedings at Half-time as I only have two birthday messages to give out!
cheers mate.  The replies to this thread ate what footy is all about.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2013, 02:04:25 pm by RobTheRover »
.....we finally consummated our marriage at a packed Keepmoat against Crewe in the JPT.

Chuffing hell, thats a bit different for half time entertainment!!  Surprised you didnt get a banning order.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2013, 05:43:02 pm by coventryrover »
Well he loved it.  Loved the singing, blokes shouting, joined in the chanting, telling the ref he needs glasses:) , the shop, sweets and pop.  He lived meeting Donny dog the mist.

Thank you for shouting his name out at half time...he thought he was going to get a run out lol..thank you

Stayed til the end....good lad

TinyPortal © 2005-2012