Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:36:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Nice Little Article  (Read 2203 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Katesby

• Forum Member
Re: A Nice Little Article
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2014, 11:38:56 pm by Katesby »
Miss that place

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2014, 11:43:33 pm by Tiddysdad »
More houses, more homes, more fans?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2014, 11:51:05 pm by wilts rover »
Wonder ifthey will name the roads after ex-players, that would be fun, Worboys Way, Snodin Street, etc

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2014, 11:59:21 pm by RedJ »
Theo Streete... :chair:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2014, 12:09:10 am by hoolahoop »
Belle Vue will always be dear in the hearts of the faithful but not for a dilapidated site but for friends made, special matches/seasons, top teams/players and top crowds but also for the worst of things but like most I won't dwell on that. As a young'un staring at that 'jade green' beautiful pitch at a night match whatever the result it was the best of times......sigh

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2014, 12:46:27 am by Katesby »
Was discussing the old place with a colleague of mine today, would love to have it back even for one game!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2014, 01:25:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2014, 02:29:26 am by PDX_Rover »
Marc Cul De Sac?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2014, 07:25:51 am by 1879Rovers »
Wonder ifthey will name the roads after ex-players, that would be fun, Worboys Way, Snodin Street, etc

First thought that crossed my mind. It would be a great idea.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 04, 2014, 09:57:02 am by Donnywolf »
Ave a new Stadium

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 04, 2014, 09:58:35 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 04, 2014, 10:10:19 am by IDM »
It's been too long waiting to redevelop the old site.  I have many memories of Belle Vue from my first visit on boxing day 1975 (lost 2-4 to Lincoln) up to the final game.

After closure, the following summer. I did manage to get inside the fence and have a good explore of the old site.  I found the top levels of the old pop side, on the banking, where the impression of the concrete steps was/is still evident in the ground.  I found the very old terracing steps in the top of the corner where the town end meets the main stand side.  These steps were above and behind where the floodlight pylons were, so must have been the original terraces that were even not in use in the 70s and 80s.  I remember the fence "tunnel" up that corner terracing that you had to use to get from the turnstyles (on the side) to the area behind the goal between the corner and the cowshed.  That bit of terrace went quite a way back I remember.

Also the trough open air urinals - lovely - not!  Never needed a dump there fortunately.

I can still recall the unique blend of the smells of damp air, cigarette smoke and bovril etc on cold wet tuesday evenings.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 04, 2014, 11:08:26 am by River Don »
More houses, more homes, more fans?

That occurred to me the other day, what with this development, the new development along the new road going past the supermarkets to Tickhill Rd, the fact that new road brings a lot more houses within easy distance, and the Lakeside flats and houses all means the KM is going to be easier to access for a lot more people than BV was.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:27:23 am by River Don »

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #14 on January 04, 2014, 11:52:59 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
Ive popped by there a few times since closure and i still feel something there.
And part of the stadium lives on in my shed with various pieces of wood and brick from the old main stand.

Originally i made a little shrine in my back garden from a piece of the pitch but the dog pissed all over it as soon as it was finished and killed the grass.

Now my fantasy is to build a model of belle vue to play subbuteo table football.

I am starting by building a section of Bawtry Road and have built up a collection of South Yorkshire Transport buses to queue up to take fans back to town, and will be getting some coaches for away fans too.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2014, 11:56:11 am by afro goal machine »
And part of the stadium lives on in my shed with various pieces of wood and brick from the old main stand.

Originally i made a little shrine in my back garden from a piece of the pitch but the dog pissed all over it as soon as it was finished and killed the grass.

Now my fantasy is to build a model of belle vue to play subbuteo table football.

I am starting by building a section of Bawtry Road and have built up a collection of South Yorkshire Transport buses to queue up to take fans back to town, and will be getting some coaches for away fans too.

haha that sounds awesome, how you must post pictures !!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2014, 02:42:41 pm by RedJ »
Make sure to have a car with the lights left on. :thumbsup:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2014, 07:21:07 pm by Donnywolf »

haha that sounds awesome, how you must post pictures !!!

...and don't forget double decker Rovers Specials (Blue Line and Felix) to Stainy Thorne etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012