Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:49:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov  (Read 3525 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Paul Dickov
« on January 18, 2014, 06:17:43 pm by jonnydog »
Just my opinion this, but today proved to me that PD is good for us as a team and as a footballing side.

After what must seem to him to be a bad start to the season what with the 'off the field' antics, as well as the numerous injuries he sustained. He really hasn't been able to show what he can do. Hopefully with the injured returning, and strengthening the team more he will now have a fair crack at showing all that he is capable.

Today we were spoiled with 3 goals, a clean sheet, proper football and the best performance all season. A very 'enjoyable-on-the-eye' 90 minutes of football!

Spot on PD, keep it up and prove wrong all those who have doubted you!

:scarf:  :rtid:  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

biggle

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Dickov
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2014, 06:21:42 pm by biggle »
well said that man!!!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2014, 06:22:38 pm by graingrover »
and from all those of us who see you as a very positive , determined Manager .. well done for keeping your head held high through these  tough times.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2014, 06:01:11 pm by jonnydog »
Just thought I'd add on to this thread by stating the excellent job PD has done of keeping today's signing under his hat. Not many of our previous managers have been able to keep stuff as confidential as this!!

... Not to mention having 4 deals tied up at the of the 22nd of the transfer window!!

Excellent week Mr Dickov, bravo :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:14:24 pm by jonnydog »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Paul Dickov
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2014, 06:16:21 pm by StocksArmy »
Can anyone who called for his head please step forward? He said Stevenage was the final straw and my god did he mean it! Welcome home Billy Sharp!

Does anybody think the following starting 11 can keep us in the league?

Turnbull
Tamas Khumalo Meite Husband
Coppinger Wellens Keegan Forrester
Brown KB
I do! :-) We even have the likes of Duffy on the bench who i rate as one of our best players. Well done to all connected with the club. RTID

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2014, 09:53:04 pm by ravenrover »
The only problem for him now after being backed to the hilt by the board is there are now no excuses  :coat:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2014, 09:56:46 pm by ravenrover »
Yes I'll step forward, he now has no excuses after all the backing from the owners/board.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2014, 09:57:16 pm by Nudga »
He won't need any!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2014, 10:07:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
He needs to stop meddling. Ok we have had injuries and players need to know that they cannot be guaranteed a starting place unless they perform, but jesus how many changes and different formations have we seen in the last few months? Pick a side and stick to it!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 22, 2014, 10:09:13 pm by bpoolrover »
Good team just put Duffy in for copps

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2014, 10:11:32 pm by Xtrarover »
The only problem for him now after being backed to the hilt by the board is there are now no excuses  :coat:
are you a Man U supporter?? Sorry for asking but why negativity comments about PD who has probably worked the best transfer Jan in the history of the club. Now if if you are a Man U supporter I understand the frustration don't worry -Be Happy

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2014, 10:19:12 pm by ravenrover »
Detest Man U not sold on PD hence my comment, I hope for the best

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 22, 2014, 10:19:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Kyle Bennett and Brown up front? ;)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2014, 05:14:58 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Good team just put Duffy in for copps

Was you at the game on Saturday?  I like Duffy, got to say but after the performance and the shift Copps put in it would be the injustice of all injustices to bench him.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2014, 05:25:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Just thought I'd add on to this thread by stating the excellent job PD has done of keeping today's signing under his hat. Not many of our previous managers have been able to keep stuff as confidential as this!!

... Not to mention having 4 deals tied up at the of the 22nd of the transfer window!!

I don't think the leaks previously were in the manager's control,  Jonny.  Sean O'Driscoll certainly bemoaned the names of our targets being discussed on here (and whilst other sites/press) whilst we were still talking to them,  and ultimately costing us the chance to land them at the price we wanted to pay.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2014, 06:50:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don't think the leaks previously were in the manager's control,  Jonny.  Sean O'Driscoll certainly bemoaned the names of our targets being discussed on here (and whilst other sites/press) whilst we were still talking to them,  and ultimately costing us the chance to land them at the price we wanted to pay.

This is the big change a lot of people are having trouble appreciating post-JR. We've now got a club who prefer to do stuff quietly and professionally - resulting in the transfer window we've had - yet have been slaughtered (especially on the Facebook page) for doing things this way instead of getting interviewed on Radio Sheffield every other day.

It's a culture change that a lot of the moaners are just going to have to learn to understand.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2014, 01:54:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Can anyone who called for his head please step forward? He said Stevenage was the final straw and my god did he mean it! Welcome home Billy Sharp!

Does anybody think the following starting 11 can keep us in the league?

Turnbull
Tamas Khumalo Meite Husband
Coppinger Wellens Keegan Forrester
Brown KB
I do! :-) We even have the likes of Duffy on the bench who i rate as one of our best players. Well done to all connected with the club. RTID

Anyone who doubted he could be ruthless,well he's definitely proved them wrong on that score,he saw who wasn't good enough,no sentiment,no feeling,he did what was best for the club,yes i think we've got a good chance against anybody with our best out on the field stocks,we've got a lot of battles ahead,keep the majority fit and we stay up.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2014, 07:31:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I doubted him and still do a little. But he is being backed by the board and given the tools to change weaknesses he sees.  He now has no excuses and needs results. Hopefully he can bring back some of the spirit I thought we have lost a bit this year. I do like him and what he says, he just has to deliver it. For me he gets a solid 6 out of ten so far but it's at a point now where he improves and we get consistent or we go down.  Hopefully we kick on again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012