Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:22:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A challenge to the South Stand drummer....  (Read 3604 times)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
A challenge to the South Stand drummer....
« on January 20, 2011, 10:39:47 am by WSBBA_Ben »
We would like to extend an invite to the SS drummer (and any other vocal supporters) to take a seat in the West Stand with the WSBBA (seats 728 on wards rows U, V, W) for the up and coming home game against Burnley; we are even willing to pay for the drummers' ticket. We want to promote the 'Spirit of the Pop Side' up in the WS North corner and we believe those Rovers fans in the SS who wish to support the team vocally whether we're winning or losing would enjoy it up with the old school supporters.

Many thanks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Meerkat

• Forum Member
Re:A challenge to the South Stand drummer....
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2011, 11:46:22 am by Meerkat »
Will you take the guy with the vuvuzela?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2011, 11:49:09 am by Filo »
Meerkat wrote:
Will you take the guy with the vuvuzela?

Piss off, we don`t want him in the West Stand!  :P

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2011, 12:00:44 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Filo wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
Will you take the guy with the zulusvulva?

Piss off, we don`t want him in the West Stand!  :P

Dirty bas**rd.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on January 20, 2011, 12:06:17 pm by VikingJames »
I don't play percussion during the game, but I do like to join in with the chants when the atmosphere is good. But I don't like the view from the East/West sides of the ground near to the corners. Just my opinion. You have to lean forward to watch what is going on at the other end, and when everyone does that, they block the view. That might be acceptable for people who are only bothered about fans/chanting/atmosphere and not the game, but I like to have a decent view of the whole pitch.

Plus, I'm a STH in the South Stand so I won't be moving anywhere.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2011, 12:25:21 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
We would prefer Glen to bring the famous trumpet down which came out on the odd occasions but the drum is the obvious choice to wake some of our dormant fans up.

Vuvuzela is not an option, that's the equivalent of bringing a foam hand to the soccer game - go team!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2011, 04:46:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
Vuvuzela is not an option, that's the equivalent of bringing a foam hand to the soccer game - go team!

:P

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2011, 05:24:31 pm by VivaRovers »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
We would prefer Glen to bring the famous trumpet down which came out on the odd occasions but the drum is the obvious choice to wake some of our dormant fans up.

I would also back the drum over the trumpet... seriously, who takes a trumpet to a game of football?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2011, 05:45:13 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
VivaRovers wrote:
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

I would also back the drum over the trumpet... seriously, who takes a trumpet to a game of football?

Some sad loner from the Worcester area probably.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2011, 06:05:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sorry fella, this was tried previously, it was removed due to complaints by the lads at the back of the West Stand down that end.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2011, 06:02:12 pm by benaldo »
I've got a challenge for the drummer, see if you can not drum for the rest of the season. It's crap.

On another lighter note, I don't know why people complain about the lack of atmosphere and singers etc when from my view (halfway line in the east stand) the most noise seems to come from over in the north west corner. You've got to hand it to them, there are only a few of them but they do make a niose sometimes. If all the singers moved there then it would be a great atmosphere. The South stand is just 2 verses of \"Rovers, Rovers\" or \"come on you reds\" and some drumming, usually out of time. I just get the feeling that most people want the noise to happen from the ether....as long as they don't have to move from where they've been sitting for a couple of years. Let's face it, the problem is that no-one really wants to move, people are creatures of habit. Shame really for the atmosphere, then again I don't sing so it doesn't bother me that much.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2011, 06:22:49 pm by CJK »
I've a challenge for the West Stand Barmy Army - stop being d**kheads?!

I sit close enough to this spotty gang of twelve year olds who all think they're Rovers through and through and as soon as we have a bad performance against Reading they start spouting shite aimed at the players. Yeah, nice one.

Also where was the significance of chanting the SOD said no to Sheffield song....against Reading? I doubt any of their fans could give a flying turd.

Then it moved on to Mills (Matt) being a judas and a w**ker....all this time forgetting his brother was on the pitch playing for us and that he might possibly hear it and think its aimed at him. Just for the record Mills isn't a judas, he took a step forward by moving, not purely motivated by money.

Rant over, but WSBA you are certainly no better than the SSBA.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2011, 07:58:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Every England game and it creates an atmosphere in Wembley well.

As for the vuvuzela at least he doesnt just coontinuely blow blow blow blow non stop.

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 09, 2011, 07:38:38 pm by DRFC.drummer »
hi sorry iv only just started on here so its a late reply. im the south stand drummer. just to let you know im not aloud the drum over to the west stand as people compalin about it but also people enjoy it in the south stand and want me to stay there.  the best thing would be a singing section which were trying to work on..

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 09, 2011, 08:34:05 pm by Nudga »
Got to say dude, i'm loving your \"drumming\" face. Dread to think what your cum face looks like.  :laugh:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 09, 2011, 10:56:42 pm by RedJ »
Nudga wrote:
Got to say dude, i'm loving your \"drumming\" face. Dread to think what your cum face looks like.  :laugh:

:laugh: Jesus H Christ..  :laugh:  :laugh:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2011, 11:27:19 am by VivaRovers »
You could always get the original Rovers drummer to join in as he already sits in the West Stand...

...come on Paul Mayfield, bring back the bongos, as used to devastating effect at Aggborough

SpaceShowerTeleVision

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 10, 2011, 04:22:40 pm by SpaceShowerTeleVision »
CJK wrote:
I sit close enough to this spotty gang of twelve year olds who all think they're Rovers through and through and as soon as we have a bad performance against Reading they start spouting shite aimed at the players. Yeah, nice one.

lol...couldn't agree more. Used to have a ST up there but that particular crowd are such a bunch of tossers we take seats elsewhere when I have the chance to go to a game.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2011, 05:01:28 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
CJK wrote:
I've a challenge for the West Stand Barmy Army - stop being d**kheads?!

Also where was the significance of chanting the SOD said no to Sheffield song....against Reading? I doubt any of their fans could give a flying turd.

Then it moved on to Mills (Matt) being a judas and a wonker....all this time forgetting his brother was on the pitch playing for us and that he might possibly hear it and think its aimed at him. Just for the record Mills isn't a judas, he took a step forward by moving, not purely motivated by money.

Rant over, but WSBA you are certainly no better than the SSBA.

Wow....Well CJK, instead on sitting behind your computer, come and tell us...all contributions welcome. YAWN.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 10, 2011, 07:37:45 pm by CJK »
Ah thats right, lets call him a keyboard warrior because he has an opinion about something that we don't like. I just think you could do a lot better over there, theres only usually any atmosphere if we're winning, certainly never when we're behind. I guess I'm caught between two different ideals; if people round me joined in then I would join in, however since they don't then I tend not to contribute much. Away games its a different story as there is always an atmosphere any usually you are in the minority if you are not contributing.

Going back to my orignal post, at the time I was very hacked off with some of the stuff I'd heard during the Reading game, anti players, anti management - yet any time we're winning then everything is hunky-dory. Yes its frustrating but you have to take the rough with the smooth. We're punching above our weight and always will be as long as we stay in the second tier, just remember that. Performances like Reading will happen.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 10, 2011, 11:52:04 pm by stuey »
DRFC.drummer wrote:
im not aloud the drum over to the west stand

Thank god for that!!!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 11, 2011, 10:50:04 am by benaldo »
I sit in the east stand on the halfway line and from there I can report that it's completely even between the \"ssba\" and the group of spotty kids in the north west stand in terms of how much noise people make. Even with the drum, the atmosphere created by the south stand is pathetic (no offence meant) compared to the small group of oiks in the north west corner. True, they may be shouting nonsense, but they do at least sing, mostly when the south stand have long given up.

Personally I don't sing, shout, etc, my choice, but for all those moaning about the atmosphere I'd say - Why don't you all get together next season instead of the old \"I'll sit in MY seat because I don't want to change it now\" routine. Sometimes the mountain doesn't come to Mohammed! If you want change, sometimes you have to get off your arse.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012