Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:57:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nervous, exited, other? Preston at home  (Read 1366 times)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
Nervous, exited, other? Preston at home
« on April 12, 2011, 02:28:42 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
I didn’t look down the fixture list last August and envisage tonight’s game holding a great deal of significance; at the bottom of the table anyway. I suppose as a football fan we are born with a cynical mentality; looking at the table I see this as a must win, while everyone around me insists we’re as good as safe. I for one struggled to sleep last night thinking about tonight’s match and have spent all day at work considering the different scenarios this match may leave us in.

Is it only me or is anyone else a bit jittery about tonight?
 :unsure:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Nervous, exited, other? Preston at home
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2011, 02:30:13 pm by Superspy »
im a little nervous, because even though im of the \"as good as safe\" brigade, i really, really don't want us to lose tonight. more of a must-not-lose rather than a must-win for me.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2011, 02:53:08 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
I'm confident we will play well, but not confident on the result. It'll be typical of a Phil Brown team to pinch someate of us tonight and manage to stay in the division. However if we do loose i still think we'll avoid the drop.

rovgers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2011, 02:57:48 pm by rovgers »
I was ok until looking on the o/s when i read the articles, boss left impressed by preston! and also, team news Mills out with hamstring, muzzy feeling a bit well tired, but oster n gillett should be ok! hoping johnny as a better game this evening,thought he had a stinker saturday.Oh well will have to make sure my singing voice is up for it tonight COME ON BOYS BELIEVE!! p.s Play it on the Floor.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: Nervous, excited or other? Preston at home
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2011, 04:06:47 pm by CusworthRovers »
Yep, I'm also in the 'we're safe now camp'....however I woke up early this morning and I've been restless all day, trying to keep myself busy and a quick trip to the driving range, bitting and bobbing etc etc. To be honest the last time I had this feeling (although not as bad, was post Cheltenham.....shite, I remember what happened there now)

I'll be glad when it's 7.45pm

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2011, 04:20:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm all of everything, excited as it could be a great night, nervous cos it could be f**king shite.  Come on Rovers.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2011, 04:22:24 pm by scuzzer »
Bricking it TBH, i've a horrible feeling about tonight and if we get beat here we're properly in the mire. We just look like we've got that losing metality back that we had early on in the 1st year of the championship, we look like a side that's forgot how to win when at other times we've done it with great ease and have shown that we're more than a match for most in the division.

Come on Rovers, find a performance from somewhere tonight and the job's about done!:scarf: :scarf:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2011, 04:24:00 pm by jonnydog »
Quietly confident but felt same as cussy all day and tried to keep my mind occupied (even to the point of reading Off Topic on here). I've said in another thread that I last had this feeling at the second leg of the playoff semi-final. Lets hope its another 5-1 thrashing :laugh:

Regarding tonights scenario, I see it as important, but not the be all and end all situation. Look at it this way, Win = 3 Points excellent, Draw = 1 Point gained to us, but 2 points lost to Preston, Lose = Not thinking about as I'm trying to remain optimistic for a change!!

Its a sunny evening over Donny, ticket sales are seemingly ok, so lets get this show on the road... Barman, a pint of your finest please!!!

RTIFkinD  :scarf:

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2011, 04:42:30 pm by Dimples-D »
I feel no different now than I did before the first game of the season. I said then I was happy with any place in the league other than the bottom 3 and nothing has changed.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2011, 06:08:42 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Head is perfectly calm,
Heart beating a bit faster,
Stomach churning,
You get the picture!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on April 12, 2011, 09:43:49 pm by VikingJames »
Good game for the neutral, but not good for us lot! End to end. PNE's attacking players always looked capable. If we'd had somebody with a bit of pace/strength up there to support Hayter, I think we'd have taken all 3.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012