Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:36:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brighton Away Ticket Prices  (Read 2177 times)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Brighton Away Ticket Prices
« on July 03, 2011, 08:51:55 am by Woodhead Passer »
Been on their OS and the prices were published yesterday

Adult £24.00
Senior £17.00
Under 18 £12.00
Under 10 £6.00 

:thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Brighton Away Ticket Prices
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2011, 01:36:42 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"adam3rovers\" post=165482

Adult £24.00
Senior £17.00
Under 18 £12.00
Under 10 £6.00 

:thumbsup:

Wonder when we'll have the prices on our site..

VikingJames

« Reply #2 on July 03, 2011, 01:37:45 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=165501

August 7th. ;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2011, 01:42:33 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=165502
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=165501

August 7th. ;)

:laugh: sadly I can't say I would be too surprised..

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2011, 04:40:53 pm by Kenny_Senior »
So Brighton, traditionally a club in one of the most expensive areas of the country, has cheaper match ticket prices than DRFC?

Well done rip-off Rovers.

northbayviking

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2011, 05:14:50 pm by northbayviking »
A bit of false info here.;)
The above prices are for away fans
home fans pay:-

West Stand Lower / East Stand
Adult £30.00
Senior £21.00
Under 18 £15.00
Under 10 £8.00

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2011, 05:50:19 pm by RedJ »
So when will these be going on sale? Am I right in thinking it'll be about 2 weeks tomorrow (as they usually go on 3 weeks before)?

VikingJames

« Reply #7 on July 03, 2011, 05:56:57 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=165516
So Brighton, traditionally a club in one of the most expensive areas of the country, has cheaper match ticket prices than DRFC?

Well done rip-off Rovers.

But Brighton have sold nearly 19,000 season tickets, so can sort of afford to take in less money \"on the gate.\"

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2011, 07:32:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"adam3rovers\" post=165482

Adult £24.00
Senior £17.00
Under 18 £12.00
Under 10 £6.00

Well done rip-off Rovers.  [/i]

If you care to check the facts there six zones for pricing ranging from £35 to £24 the average price is £29 and thats with 19,000 season tickets and only 1500 match day tickets left to sell for the home fans.The away price are has above the lowest.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2011, 08:55:34 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Rovers is still a rip-off club though. £27 to watch a team who are going to struggle all season to beat the drop is poor value for money. I'll be there myself because I can (just) afford it, but it's understandable why many others have kicked Rovers into touch.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2011, 09:31:02 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=165543
Rovers is still a rip-off club though. £27 to watch a team who are going to struggle all season to beat the drop is poor value for money. I'll be there myself because I can (just) afford it, but it's understandable why many others have kicked Rovers into touch.

Kenny what's up fella, you seem to be the most negative poster on here recently.  :thumbdown:
Does this club ever do anything right for you these days ?

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2011, 10:00:54 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Just realistic on the situation, Steve.

We're a town with little job security and few jobs. We aren't a rich town by any means and most people I know of are struggling to make ends meet. For one of the premier local entertainment companies to then price themselves too high is very divisive towards its customer base, which is half of what it was three years ago.

It probably doesn't help that in all likelihood we'll have a poor season and the two Sheffield teams will have a good one. Considering they'll probably be a few quid cheaper to watch as well, how many fans could those two clubs attract from within the Doncaster borough that have fallen off the Rovers bandwagon because of the price.

John Ryan likes to bang the drum and constantly harp on about how we lost a generation of fans because of Richardson, but if he isn't careful the same will happen again as people are being priced out the market. The age for 12-16 year old's for most games (Cat B) is £5, but for 17-20 year old's it is £20. For some kids who are leaving school and won't be able to get a job because there is none around, that's a 300% increase. What do you think they are going to do? Stick around and fund a football club who's fan base is in free fall or tell the club where to stick it. It doesn't help that kids at this decisive age will be learning the ropes of sex and drugs and rock and roll either.

It's a shame, but the kind of stuff that JR has let his staff get away with in recent years looks like finally catching up with him. Poor marketing and poor business decisions has isolated customers (i.e the lost 4,000+), it has ultimately affected finances and made sure the challenge of staying in this league is even harder than what it would be if we had 9,000 season ticket holders again.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2011, 11:26:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Absolutely. Bang On!

And I'll keep banging on like a broken record that more revenue can be generated from lower ticket prices.

£500,000 at least has been chucked away already because of the price increase and the lack of confidence in the 'value' of a season ticket due to the offers.

Had they/we got the ST prices right in the first place then we would not be relying on the offer games to boost numbers.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 04, 2011, 01:54:38 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=165554
Just realistic on the situation, Steve.

We're a town with little job security and few jobs. We aren't a rich town by any means and most people I know of are struggling to make ends meet. For one of the premier local entertainment companies to then price themselves too high is very divisive towards its customer base, which is half of what it was three years ago.

It probably doesn't help that in all likelihood we'll have a poor season and the two Sheffield teams will have a good one. Considering they'll probably be a few quid cheaper to watch as well, how many fans could those two clubs attract from within the Doncaster borough that have fallen off the Rovers bandwagon because of the price.

John Ryan likes to bang the drum and constantly harp on about how we lost a generation of fans because of Richardson, but if he isn't careful the same will happen again as people are being priced out the market. The age for 12-16 year old's for most games (Cat B) is £5, but for 17-20 year old's it is £20. For some kids who are leaving school and won't be able to get a job because there is none around, that's a 300% increase. What do you think they are going to do? Stick around and fund a football club who's fan base is in free fall or tell the club where to stick it. It doesn't help that kids at this decisive age will be learning the ropes of sex and drugs and rock and roll either.

It's a shame, but the kind of stuff that JR has let his staff get away with in recent years looks like finally catching up with him. Poor marketing and poor business decisions has isolated customers (i.e the lost 4,000+), it has ultimately affected finances and made sure the challenge of staying in this league is even harder than what it would be if we had 9,000 season ticket holders again.

Perfect Kenny, every word! (I know, even I am shocked!!!)

I left school at 16 and went into higher education, I could get the following season ticket as an U16 but the season after my season ticket jumped from U16 (£60) to Concession (£200 ish I think) there wasn't a 17-20's option, and I couldn't afford a 200% increase. Im a twin (both had ST's) so couldn't really ask the parents either (my old man had just been laid off at McCormick/Case/International Harvesters after 29 years).

I haven't had a season ticket since. Surprisingly I only missed one home game that season (Coventry), and last season I missed about 10 due to Uni studies and the price didn't help matters. Its reason's like that why we took more away to Hillsbrough in 2005 than what will be this seasons season ticket holders.

On the subject of Brighton; its the opening day of the season, first league fixture at new ground; they want a full house and obviously want us to bring as many as possible to make for a great occassion.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 04, 2011, 09:09:50 am by steve@dcfd »
Kenny I agree with every thing you have said, but I would not say the club are trying to rip off the supporters but got strategy wrong. What JR and the club have done in this three years have put prices up year on year yet the product and the players we are watching are not has good. Have said before we have lost 4000 ST holders, we may have gained some this year who have taken advatage of the scouting scheme. But prices are to high and this season I believe will be the hardest yet in the championship. I have also said before we will lose the young supporters because their parents or the individual supporters cannot afford the prices. So I agree the strategy of the board on pricing and players will not encourage more people to buy season tickets. Will the board and the adminstrators of the club accept its them who are driving away season ticket holders add have done that for the last three years. John will never accept that and will blame the people of Doncaster for not supporting the club.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 04, 2011, 09:28:51 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Well hopefully these antics won't cost the club relagation this sesaon and then next year, maybe, just maybe lessons will be learnt and prices will be dropped, but i doubt it. The comparison to other clubs prices for tickets is the worst thing for me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012