Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:45:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Southend make or break for Fergie?  (Read 1748 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Southend make or break for Fergie?
« on October 06, 2017, 04:19:44 pm by RoversAlias »
Hey folks,

Bit of reading for you before tomorrow's game if you like. The link below has my latest article looking at the game and discussing why it may be a crucial one for Darren Ferguson and our season as a whole.

https://intotheemptynet.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/southend-game-holds-key-to-future-for-fergie-rovers/

Thanks for reading as ever, all feedback and opinions are welcome. Let's hope we can turn things around starting tomorrow and go on to have a successful season!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Southend make or break for Fergie?
« Reply #1 on October 06, 2017, 04:42:13 pm by drfchound »
RA, that is a very fair summing up of our current situation i think.
Some of our contributors however have already listed the game as a must win one.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 06, 2017, 04:54:13 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Nice one, I think that's balanced though I'm bit concerned about your conclusion:

"Anything less and we will probably be in the relegation zone and starting to consider a long slong... "

:blink: :ohmy: :s :unsure: :huh:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 06, 2017, 05:30:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Thank you Hound, and BRR  :lol:

Not sure how I managed that, can assure you it isn't wishful thinking! Can I blame auto-correct?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 06, 2017, 05:46:13 pm by RedJ »
Probably wishful thinking on your part. ;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 06, 2017, 06:08:58 pm by idler »
Everybody makes a cock up sometimes.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 06, 2017, 06:33:14 pm by NickDRFC »
Well written, the penis mightier than the sword.

Seriously though, a good read, keep up the good work! For no reason whatsoever I actually have a good feeling about tomorrow's game, fingers crossed.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2017, 01:40:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't see it as a must win game because we have plenty of games to go. I do see it as the start of pressure mounting a touch if we lose and we lose badly. If we picked a point up and the side played well while we wouldn't be happy with it if we see progress then i don't see much of a problem.
The way the defeats are mounting up is starting to concern me a bit. We aren't keeping as many clean sheets as we should be but more worrying we aren't scoring as regularly either.

We've moved up a league we've had one month where we did better than we expected and this last month we got our hopes up a bit and got the kick in the teeth that football doles out on a regular basis.
For me too early we won 2 drew 3 lost 6-imagine we win 6 draw 3 and lose 2 then all of a sudden this conversation isn't even here. We have to be careful not to lose patience too early. I have never particularly rated him as a manager but want him to do well for us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012