Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:51:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are you a supporter, fan or true fan.  (Read 1270 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
Are you a supporter, fan or true fan.
« on April 13, 2021, 04:58:46 pm by South East Rover »
(1) Supporter, a supporter is one who is completely behind a team and wants them to win every game.

(2) Fan, a fan is merely an admirer who enjoys watching a team play without letting the result affect him too much.

(3) True fan, is one who supports the team through thick and thin, good calls and bad calls, good days, and bad days.  We schedule our days around a game and make no plans for the day of a football game.

(4) Prat, someone who comes on the forum only to spout abuse at (true fans) the team, players, manager, the board, etc, never to prases or support the team, please don't reply to them and they will soon f---off.

Me, I'm 1, a supporter, and 3, a true fan, yes it hurts when we lose but come tonight's game I'm excited and up for the game, full of hope and anticipation, whats the team, can we play entertaining football, score some good goals and win the game and give me that special lift for the rest of the week till the next game.

I can't sum it up better than Rod Stewert.

DONCASTER ROVERS
"You're in my heart, you're in my soul
You'll be my breath should I grow old
You are my lover, you're my best friend
You're in my soul

My love for you is immeasurable
My respect for you immense
You're ageless, timeless, lace and fineness
You're beauty and elegance

:rtid:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:02:16 pm by South East Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jmt23

• Forum Member
Re: Are you a supporter, fan or true fan.
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 06:08:53 pm by jmt23 »
I used to be a true fan, and do still see myself as one, but have regressed slightly not section one. This is not through on the field stuff, it is just family life, growing older and having other priorities. I fully expect to revert to true fan status, before retirement.

I have never really been an away supporter though, I do get to as many near grounds as I can, I don't mind an odd trip to the Lancashire clubs, so this season has been really good in an odd way, watching every game home and away through IFollow. I will be gutted when it goes.

I hope clubs look at this an provide the option for away games only, or fans that are registered as not within the country?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 06:12:20 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I'd say I'm more of a supporter than a true fan, nowadays. Who knows after the pandemic, though?!

If you'd have asked me from 2008 ish until a couple of years ago, I'd have said true fan.

Hey, at least we all support our local team, though.  :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf:

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 06:17:35 pm by nortikorner »
I love All Sport
I am A Yorkshireman  FROM DONCASTER
That says it all for me
rtid 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2021, 06:38:06 pm by NickDRFC »
5. Idiot. Someone who has watched this wretched run of form and will still continue to pour £10 down the drain despite knowing no good can come from watching the game.

I’m number 5.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2021, 07:26:29 pm by southwestexile »
I’ve been a fan since the 1970s. I think that says enough

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2021, 07:32:47 pm by sha66y »
Just a fan since 72

But this team are really testing this .....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:50:44 pm by sha66y »

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2021, 08:59:34 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Ive had the same seat at the Keepmoat since the day it opened.
My first game was early 60's. I missed a lot of games living in Scotland and Essex, but I've always been a supporter and a true fan.

But I have to say, if Butler and most of this shower of crap are not gone at the end of the season, I'm unsure about renewing my season ticket, even if it's free (given that this years has been unused)

The thought of a 150 round trip every week to watch such garbage is not something I want to even think about at the moment

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2021, 09:05:18 pm by sha66y »
I live 4 miles from the ground and have decided that that season is enough, I have a grandson now , found over a hundred vinyl albums in my brothers garage in pristine condition ( 1970s early 80s rock) so invested in a turntable, got 2 tropical aquariums and a large Jacuzzi spa to keep me entertained......Rovers just gives me palpitations....lol

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2021, 09:12:34 pm by South East Rover »
5. Idiot. Someone who has watched this wretched run of form and will still continue to pour £10 down the drain despite knowing no good can come from watching the game.

I’m number 5.

I decree you an honorary true fan in my eyes.

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2021, 09:15:44 pm by niteowler »
Been going to watch Rovers since 1953 when my Dad first took me.Never ever wanted to support any other than my home town team and class myself as a True Supporter.Been thro the bad times but always make sure i enjoy the better times. Grateful to my Dad for taking me that first time , or i might have been an armchair glory hunter like a lot more !

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2021, 09:17:04 pm by ian1980 »
I live 4 miles from the ground and have decided that that season is enough, I have a grandson now , found over a hundred vinyl albums in my brothers garage in pristine condition ( 1970s early 80s rock) so invested in a turntable, got 2 tropical aquariums and a large Jacuzzi spa to keep me entertained......Rovers just gives me palpitations....lol

And here lies the MASSIVE problem Rovers have at the moment (like many other clubs) that supporters have found other hobbies/interest that now take up their time and money which Rovers used to occupy.

The current run of form and performances is only making the matter worse and justifying to people why they should stay with what their doing now rather than return to watching rovers when allowed.

Next years season ticket sales must be a real concern for the club.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2021, 09:41:03 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Sorry to hear you're going. A 'fan' since 1972..mmm. Well if Rovers are giving you palpitations now, then absolutely you aren't cut out for the 'long haul'.

Enjoy your jacuzzi in the glorious Yorkshire sunshine along with listening to your Gary Glitter vinyl's.

I'm sure as the seasons progress & true Rovers supporters are there to reap the rewards you'll be sadly miffed...I mean missed.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2021, 10:05:10 pm by sha66y »

Sorry to hear you're going. A 'fan' since 1972..mmm. Well if Rovers are giving you palpitations now, then absolutely you aren't cut out for the 'long haul'.

Enjoy your jacuzzi in the glorious Yorkshire sunshine along with listening to your Gary Glitter vinyl's.

I'm sure as the seasons progress & true Rovers supporters are there to reap the rewards you'll be sadly miffed...I mean missed.

I won’t be missed Colin C No3
and it’s more the pink Floyd , Led Zep, Rory Gallagher kind of music,

But I will miss your little barbs from the bronte’s ....or is that Bronx?

Enjoy your Rovers......till you die

and I will enjoy my well earned retirement....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:26:38 pm by sha66y »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2021, 10:13:35 pm by normal rules »
Rovers on the cusp of securing playoffs, and looking comfortable in third position, with games in hand, with a team playing reasonable free flowing football.
Fans looking forward to returning to games, albeit next season.
At worst an unsuccessful playoff campaign and at best championship football.
That what most were feeling. Myself included.
No one could have predicted such a monumental collapse of form, effort and performance.
No fight, no belief, no leadership, no apparent management, no passion.
I too fear that this will have a knock on for next season.
Damage has been done, and I’m not sure there is not more damage to come before the season is out. And it’s going to take some fixing.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2021, 10:14:54 pm by Scooter »
I’m a true fan, a supporter and an idiot as not only have I payed for every IFollow match (apart from the games on the FA Player) - I have even paid for the Papa John’s games - I have sat through every 90 minutes. This is probably because I have paid I feel obliged to watch every minute.
I went to every home game in 97/98 so this is still like the champions league in comparison

TinyPortal © 2005-2012