Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:39:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Data  (Read 775 times)

albie

• Forum Member
NHS Data
« on May 14, 2021, 03:04:58 pm by albie »
Plans afoot to create a new database of info from NHS sources;
https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/13/nhs_data_grab/

If you want to opt out, you need to do so soon.
Link in the article.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: NHS Data
« Reply #1 on May 14, 2021, 04:04:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
With all the faffing about I had to do when I had an accident that required follow-on treatment in an NHS Trust area different to my GP's Trust area, the sooner all the NHS records are centralised the better.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2021, 05:14:12 pm by Ldr »
With all the faffing about I had to do when I had an accident that required follow-on treatment in an NHS Trust area different to my GP's Trust area, the sooner all the NHS records are centralised the better.

You should read up on the disaster that was NPFIT

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 14, 2021, 05:26:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You should read up on the disaster that was NPFIT

Private Eye have covered it for years.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 14, 2021, 05:33:14 pm by albie »
The situation in Ireland is a cause for concern;
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252500777/Irish-health-service-hit-by-major-ransomware-attack

The same happening here in the middle of a crisis is a great worry.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 14, 2021, 07:57:30 pm by ravenrover »
When my Father in Law was admitted to DRI about 15 years ago, for what turned out be a final visit they didn't even have the info to hand of medication thst they had prescribed on his previous admission a few years earlier

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2021, 08:47:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The situation in Ireland is a cause for concern;
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252500777/Irish-health-service-hit-by-major-ransomware-attack

The same happening here in the middle of a crisis is a great worry.

It happened in 2017.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2021, 10:37:25 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The nhs can be very disjointed between departments/areas My wife for example some know of her horrendous last years which started with bowel cancer ended up some 18 operations later having lost both legs and the only way of being fed was through a hicman line into her chest.  She was in and out of hospital very regular to say the least It was really disjointed to start with left hand not knowing what the right was doing etc but as her case became more and more complicated it all pulled together. Our house ended up looking like a hospital ward and we had a private companies nurses come in  3 times a day paid for by the nhs 

Its strange a bit like this pandemic by gawd can the nhs pull it out of the bag when really needed
Now don't get me started about social services   She must have an electric wheelchair due to the amount of stomach surgery  Oh whos budget is it coming out of   yes you can have the electric wheelchair but you need  a specific spec ramp for us to provide the chair Oh dear you are a prat and own your house and are still working tough shit sort yer ramp out and we'll allow you the wheelchair ( the ramp cost well over £2000 that we had to pay for ) I could go on and on

Suffice to say I'm still friends with a lot  of the nurses who treated her, social services can do one!!

The nhs really can pull it out of the bag when needed and deserve a damn site more

ok had my little rant but I promise i really could go on and on :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012