Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:28:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remind me again why we left the EU  (Read 32477 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Remind me again why we left the EU
« Reply #180 on March 25, 2021, 09:12:23 pm by belton rover »
It depends whether I was entitled to a refund or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on March 25, 2021, 09:34:53 pm by SydneyRover »
I don't think anyone can help you then

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 25, 2021, 09:39:09 pm by belton rover »
Okay, I’ll just get on with things then.

What was your point again?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on March 25, 2021, 09:42:27 pm by SydneyRover »
not trolling are you?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on March 25, 2021, 09:44:00 pm by selby »
  According to reports today they were gutted at the BBC studios that on that first morning they had to cancell their Champaign for Remain party.
  It was worth it just to spoil their bloody party. Probably explains why they have been so arsie since, all that champaign being drunk by the winners.
   That's what you get when you are losers, and now their jobs are being culled, always happens to losers who chose to voice their support for the wrong side especially in politics.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 09:53:13 pm by selby »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on March 25, 2021, 09:45:21 pm by belton rover »
Ha ha. If you’re quick, Sydney, you’ll catch Billy up.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on March 25, 2021, 09:46:25 pm by SydneyRover »
whereas you will rarely catch anyone

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on March 25, 2021, 09:54:45 pm by selby »
  Just chuck a hook in with no bait he always goes for it Belton, must be the water in Aus.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on March 25, 2021, 09:59:46 pm by belton rover »
whereas you will rarely catch anyone

You’d have to hit a ball first.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on March 25, 2021, 10:03:19 pm by SydneyRover »
look at those that support and agree with you belton, your coterie ........... that should tell you something at least.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on March 25, 2021, 10:08:22 pm by drfchound »
Hound.
My take? If one simply shrugs one's shoulders at the most untruthful and deliberately deceitful political campaign in our lifetimes, one isn't  really a supporter of democracy.

My opinion is that we have a responsibility to point out what was promised and what actually happened. That isn't a refusal to accept what happened. It's a fundamental requirement in a properly functioning democracy.

Irrespective of what your opinion is though, we are out of the EU and we have to make the best of what we have.
It doesn’t matter what you point out about what was promised, it didn’t materialise so constantly moaning won’t change things.
It isn’t about shrugging the shoulders either, it is about being realistic about where we are now.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on March 25, 2021, 10:11:10 pm by Not Now Kato »
  Just chuck a hook in with no bait he always goes for it Belton, must be the water in Aus.

Back fishing on the railway bridge again selby?  And this time with your apprentice.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on March 25, 2021, 10:13:49 pm by SydneyRover »
and what are supporters or fence sitters refusing to do hound, they are not admitting that it's a crock that there are no tangible benefits and very likely will be none, maybe if they admitted what is the new reality we could in fact all move on

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on March 25, 2021, 10:16:09 pm by selby »
  Told Ya, he can't resist, last word Syd, and the big catch follows with Kato, the biggest in the pool, you can chuck him back though too old and grisly.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on March 25, 2021, 10:19:45 pm by Not Now Kato »

Get on with what exactly belton?

Like lots of Brexiters you're full of sound-bites, but no substance or direction.  So, tell us, what are you going to 'get on with' that will deliver the promises of the leave campaigns? And how are you going to deliver those promises?  Let's make it easy and start with the "there'll be no downsides to leaving the EU, only a considerable upside" one.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on March 25, 2021, 10:21:34 pm by SydneyRover »
  Told Ya, he can't resist, last word Syd, and the big catch follows with Kato, the biggest in the pool, you can chuck him back though too old and grisly.

It must be difficult to get your message out in a vacuum selby

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on March 25, 2021, 10:22:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.
At the risk of sounding like I'm moaning, allow me to give an example of where we are now.

Back in November, my company won its biggest contract for nearly 8 years. Time-critical stuff that we have to deliver to a major customer. As part of the set up, we need to buy £60k worth of high tech equipment from UK suppliers. When I put the project plan together in November, the suppliers were all quoting me 2-4 week delivery time.

This past fortnight I've been putting in orders for this equipment. The lead times have gone up to 9-12 weeks. Reason? Have a wild stab in the dark.

So today I've had a very difficult meeting with my customer where I've had to explain that we cannot meet their timescales. And the customer is now reviewing the contract.

So forgive me if I get a tad tetchy when folk complain about people moaning about Brexit instead of getting on with it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on March 25, 2021, 10:24:05 pm by Not Now Kato »

Keep pushing selby, keep pushing....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on March 25, 2021, 10:29:13 pm by drfchound »
Hound.
At the risk of sounding like I'm moaning, allow me to give an example of where we are now.

Back in November, my company won its biggest contract for nearly 8 years. Time-critical stuff that we have to deliver to a major customer. As part of the set up, we need to buy £60k worth of high tech equipment from UK suppliers. When I put the project plan together in November, the suppliers were all quoting me 2-4 week delivery time.

This past fortnight I've been putting in orders for this equipment. The lead times have gone up to 9-12 weeks. Reason? Have a wild stab in the dark.

So today I've had a very difficult meeting with my customer where I've had to explain that we cannot meet their timescales. And the customer is now reviewing the contract.

So forgive me if I get a tad tetchy when folk complain about people moaning about Brexit instead of getting on with it.

So tell me what you can do about that situation.
My guess is probably not much.
I can understand your frustration but you just have to get on with things and deal with it the best that you can.
That potential heart attack isn’t worth it.

Edit.
Can any of your competitors offer a faster delivery than 9-12 weeks?
If not then your customer will have to wait as he can’t go anywhere else can he.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:33:38 pm by drfchound »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on March 25, 2021, 10:41:53 pm by belton rover »

Like lots of Brexiters you're full of sound-bites, but no substance or direction.  So, tell us, what are you going to 'get on with' that will deliver the promises of the leave campaigns? And how are you going to deliver those promises?  Let's make it easy and start with the "there'll be no downsides to leaving the EU, only a considerable upside" one.

I never made you any promises.

I’ve never said there are/will be no downsides. I’ve never said there will be considerable upsides.

Your confusing me with someone else. That is the first thing you need to understand and overcome: a’Brexiter’ isn’t a political party or a single entity.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on March 25, 2021, 10:45:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
"If a man dies when he's hung, keep on hanging him until he gets used to it."

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on March 25, 2021, 10:48:50 pm by belton rover »
So that’s it then Glyn. We might as well just all kill ourselves.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on March 25, 2021, 10:51:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If you want to interpret it that way, I'm not going to stop you.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on March 25, 2021, 11:01:42 pm by belton rover »
What does it mean to you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on March 25, 2021, 11:06:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks for your advice Hound.

You are right. I can't do much about it. We are just victims of the "teething problems" that Gove grinningly dismissed.

Regarding competition, that is not the point. It is a time-critical piece of work. If it can't be delivered on time, it is pointless. So at best it looks like we are forking out for unnecessary overtime and turning away other work to clear the decks for this one.

Issues like this are affecting hundreds, probably thousands of other companies. We are all doing our best to "get on with it".  Excuse me if I don't appreciate being told to do so by people who aren't having to deal with the situation they have chosen for us.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on March 25, 2021, 11:12:37 pm by belton rover »
You have my sympathy.
But, perhaps a football forum’s off topic section’s not the place to be then. Clearly, there aren’t enough business educated posters on here to understand you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on March 25, 2021, 11:21:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks for that advice Belton. It's very helpful.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on March 25, 2021, 11:55:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What does it mean to you?

To me it means exactly what someone like you says when they say 'get on with it and make it work'.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on March 26, 2021, 09:00:26 am by Not Now Kato »

I never made you any promises.

I’ve never said there are/will be no downsides. I’ve never said there will be considerable upsides.

Your confusing me with someone else. That is the first thing you need to understand and overcome: a’Brexiter’ isn’t a political party or a single entity.

I didn't say you did belton, I said the Leave Campaigns did. You must remember, those promises you clearly must have believed or you wouldn't have voted leave. And you must still believe those promises as you're not calling them out as lies!

So, if you believed them then, and you believe them now, you must have some understanding of how they could be delivered, (us remainers pointed out at the time either how they couldn't,  [no disruption, NI/Republic border etc], or that they already could while being a member of the EU, [control of our borders, sovereignty etc], otherwise how could you have voted for them? How could you still support them as you do by saying get on with it?

Again then, tell us, what are you going to 'get on with' that will deliver the promises of the leave campaigns? And how are you going to deliver those promises?  Let's make it easy and start with the "there'll be no downsides to leaving the EU, only a considerable upside".

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on March 26, 2021, 09:35:41 am by Metalmicky »
Just a general point - to nobody in particular....... but is it OK to refer to yourself as a 'remainer' any more - as this option seems to have left the table...?     #justasking

TinyPortal © 2005-2012