Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:33:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remind me again why we left the EU  (Read 32474 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Remind me again why we left the EU
« Reply #480 on April 19, 2021, 01:41:17 am by SydneyRover »
What is your point. Sydney?

I should apologise to you belton for my earlier snappy reply for not taking you and this comment  ''I passed comment on what was written. I have no reason to assume the government lie whenever they speak'' of yours on face value and you really don't know that johnson is and his government are a bunch of inveterate liars, you'll probably want to thank myself and others for bringing you up to speed, you will note that the list I posted runs only to Dec 2019 so there is a whole year and this year so far of mistruths being compiled as we have a rigorous debate about this government.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #481 on April 19, 2021, 06:37:44 am by belton rover »
I still don’t understand your point, Sydney. Even me.

It appears to me to like me saying I have no reason to believe that the Rovers will lose every time they play, so you put up a list of games they have lost as some sort of proof that they will lose every time they play.
It makes no sense.
Not even in your upside down world.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #482 on April 19, 2021, 07:00:48 am by SydneyRover »
Oh well I did try

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #483 on April 19, 2021, 07:07:54 am by belton rover »
You did try to what, exactly?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #484 on April 19, 2021, 08:40:18 am by Not Now Kato »
belton and BB. From your recent postings on this subject it is reasonable to conclude  that either....

a) you're in denial that the Tories have been lying, attempting to break the law and cronyism

b) you're a pair of WUMs

c) you find being lied to, governments breaking the law and cronyism acceptable

I can't believe it's a), no one could miss all the lies, cronyism and the braking of the law. I certainly hope it's not b), so that just leaves c).  Your support for, and lack of criticism of, this government would indicate this latter is the case!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #485 on April 19, 2021, 09:08:40 am by belton rover »
belton and BB. From your recent postings on this subject it is reasonable to conclude  that either....

a) you're in denial that the Tories have been lying, attempting to break the law and cronyism

b) you're a pair of WUMs

I can't believe it's a), no one could miss all the lies, cronyism and the braking of the law. I certainly hope it's not b), so that just leaves c).  Your support for, and lack of criticism of, this government would indicate this latter is the case!

Not. I have NEVER said the government hasn’t lied, isn’t lying or won’t lie in the future.
I have never said, or suggested, that lying is acceptable.

Which suggests to me that there is only one WUM in this conversation.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #486 on April 19, 2021, 09:11:40 am by Bentley Bullet »
NNK, the only people who are in denial are those who only talk about Tory lies, and ignore Labour lies.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #487 on April 19, 2021, 09:14:25 am by SydneyRover »
Any time you want to list them bb

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #488 on April 19, 2021, 09:19:59 am by wilts rover »
NNK, the only people who are in denial are those who only talk about Tory lies, and ignore Labour lies.

Unlike the people who only talk about 'Labour lies' and ignore Tory lies. What do you call them BB?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #489 on April 19, 2021, 09:24:30 am by wilts rover »
And let’s not forget, you put up the link, Wilts.

It’s quite incredible really: you share a link in an an attempt to damn the government and use a particularly unsubstantiated quote like ‘some experts were surprised’, in an attempt to pass it off as proof of more incompetence by the government. Yet I point out some other quotes from the article, that happen to go against your agenda, and it is nothing short of tory propaganda.

But your not biased in any way.

That article is actually an informative, well written and rather quite balanced piece, written for a magazine that is full of expert opinion in that particular field (no pun intended).

It’s a shame you decide to cheapen it and use it for another attempt to find shit that isn’t there.

But that’s what you appear to have become.

And you commented on it - attempting to jusity government spin on a project that was never going to work and has been dropped to be replaced by some vague promise. With what subsequent cost to farmers and the consumers.

You are just a Tory spin merchant peddling their corruption, cronyism and lies - thats what you have become.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #490 on April 19, 2021, 09:26:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
Sydney, if I just listed lies from one side I'd be as bad as you, but seeing as you asked, what about your great leader's whopper in denying he supported the EU vaccine programme?

Any time.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #491 on April 19, 2021, 09:28:17 am by Bentley Bullet »

Unlike the people who only talk about 'Labour lies' and ignore Tory lies. What do you call them BB?

Why don't you ask them Wilts?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #492 on April 19, 2021, 10:07:36 am by SydneyRover »
Sydney, if I just listed lies from one side I'd be as bad as you, but seeing as you asked, what about your great leader's whopper in denying he supported the EU vaccine programme?

Any time.

whoooooo scary stuff bb you'll have the left trembling

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #493 on April 19, 2021, 10:14:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Why don't you ask them Wilts?

Why would they know what you would call them? :silly:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #494 on April 19, 2021, 10:53:38 am by belton rover »
And let’s not forget, you put up the link, Wilts.

It’s quite incredible really: you share a link in an an attempt to damn the government and use a particularly unsubstantiated quote like ‘some experts were surprised’, in an attempt to pass it off as proof of more incompetence by the government. Yet I point out some other quotes from the article, that happen to go against your agenda, and it is nothing short of tory propaganda.

But your not biased in any way.

That article is actually an informative, well written and rather quite balanced piece, written for a magazine that is full of expert opinion in that particular field (no pun intended).

It’s a shame you decide to cheapen it and use it for another attempt to find shit that isn’t there.

But that’s what you appear to have become.

And you commented on it - attempting to jusity government spin on a project that was never going to work and has been dropped to be replaced by some vague promise. With what subsequent cost to farmers and the consumers.

You are just a Tory spin merchant peddling their corruption, cronyism and lies - thats what you have become.
You used that article to support your disdain for the government. However, the article isn’t a left sided, or a right sided piece. It’s just a well written, interesting article. Even the writer of the article, or ‘The Grocer’, who are the real experts in this, are not vilifying the government over their actions discussed in the article.

To be called a Tory spin merchant for not adding anti Tory spin to the article is a strange one.

I honestly think that if this government said that Dave Kitson was a Kitson, you and a few others on here would be trying to get him in the Rovers’ hall of fame.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #495 on April 19, 2021, 10:56:52 am by Not Now Kato »

b) you're a pair of WUMs

Not. I have NEVER said the government hasn’t lied, isn’t lying or won’t lie in the future.

You have never, to my knowledge, stated that the government has lied, nor have you, to my knowledge, criticised any of them for lying! You have never, to my knowledge, criticised them for cronyism or for breaking the law!

Are you going to vote for them if the same leader and cabinet are in place at the next GE?  Because if you are the you will be approving of the country, (and the Queen), being lied to; you will be approving of cronyism; and you will be voting for the government to break the law whenever it chooses!

Oh, and do you know what a WUM is?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #496 on April 19, 2021, 11:07:33 am by selby »
  I see there is some unrest in France about them having to pick up the pieces and the £25 billion a year extra costs to being members of the EU now we have left and the money tree has disappeared.
  Could it be Frexit next.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #497 on April 19, 2021, 11:15:06 am by belton rover »

b) you're a pair of WUMs

You have never, to my knowledge, stated that the government has lied, nor have you, to my knowledge, criticised any of them for lying! You have never, to my knowledge, criticised them for cronyism or for breaking the law!

Are you going to vote for them if the same leader and cabinet are in place at the next GE?  Because if you are the you will be approving of the country, (and the Queen), being lied to; you will be approving of cronyism; and you will be voting for the government to break the law whenever it chooses!

Oh, and do you know what a WUM is?

I’ve only ever voted Labour. Something I’ve made quite clear on a number of occasions.

What I also do is accept democratic votes and try to put my faith in the government, whichever colour, to try to do the best for my country. I’ll get my chance to vote again when the next election comes up, as will we all.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think this government is doing a particularly good job, but I also think they are making a much better fist of it than the current Labour party would be doing.

I do know what a WUM is. And your antagonistic post with bullet points offering a number of options of who I must be, without actually addressing what I wrote, does indeed make you a wind up merchant (WUM)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:20:30 am by belton rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #498 on April 19, 2021, 11:41:25 am by SydneyRover »
belton quote:

''For what it’s worth, I don’t think this government is doing a particularly good job, but I also think they are making a much better fist of it than the current Labour party would be doing''

this is quite a remarkable statement in light of the disasters, lies, incompetence and cronyism that's been going on, remembering that the first duty of any government is to keep their citizens safe.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #499 on April 19, 2021, 11:51:27 am by belton rover »
Completely lost me again, Sydney.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #500 on April 19, 2021, 11:58:05 am by SydneyRover »
It's not difficult belton don't worry about it

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #501 on April 19, 2021, 12:01:34 pm by belton rover »
Sydney, I really need your help here. You have a habit of worrying me and then telling me not to worry.

Please. What is remarkable about my statement?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #502 on April 19, 2021, 03:04:41 pm by Metalmicky »
Not seen it on here yet.... and I couldn't comment if it is a good, bad or indifferent deal.  The Express is obviously fluffing it for readers, but it's another deal done (with Serbia) and the news on joining the CPTPP seems promising.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1424968/Liz-Truss-UK-trade-deal-latest-update-Serbia-signs-investment-UK-Export-Finance?__vfz=medium%3Dstandalone_content_recirculation_with_ads

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #503 on April 19, 2021, 08:50:39 pm by drfchound »
Not seen it on here yet.... and I couldn't comment if it is a good, bad or indifferent deal.  The Express is obviously fluffing it for readers, but it's another deal done (with Serbia) and the news on joining the CPTPP seems promising.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1424968/Liz-Truss-UK-trade-deal-latest-update-Serbia-signs-investment-UK-Export-Finance?__vfz=medium%3Dstandalone_content_recirculation_with_ads

No doubt that it will be pulled to pieces by the Labour fanboys.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #504 on April 19, 2021, 08:59:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

"The agreement secures continued preferential trade access between the UK and Serbia."

I don't know but I'm guessing the word "continued" is doing a lot of work on behalf of the Express's editorial policy?

Just a thought.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #505 on April 19, 2021, 10:30:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No doubt that it will be pulled to pieces by the Labour fanboys.

Not without any details as to what the deal actually is. The Express doesn't seem to think we need to know any.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #506 on April 19, 2021, 10:43:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've finally found an economist who doesn't think Brexit will lead to serious long-term damage to our economy.

https://www.eurointelligence.com/column/brexit-revisited

Unfortunately, he seems incapable of doing primary school maths.

Here's his opening argument:
"The collapse in UK-EU trade after January 1 was widely reported. What has not been reported nearly as much is that UK exports have fully recovered. They were up 46.6% in February after falling by 42% in January.:

And here's some simple maths.

Assume our exports were 100 in December.

Then they fell 42% in January, so they were 58.

Then they rose 46.6% in February.

46.6% of 58 is 27. So at the end of February, our exports were 58+27=85.

So his opening line is that 85 is completely the same as 100.

Then he makes precisely the same mistake in the graph further down. If you do the same sums on the GDP figures from 2019-2022, the UK GDP growth is 2.5% lower than the EUs. Which equates to our economy being £50bn smaller in 2022 than it would have been if we'd had the EU growth rate. But, because GDP compounds, and our GDP is smaller in 2020, 2021 and 2022, that means we will have lost closer to £100bn of total economic output over that time.

And he draws the conclusion that Brexit has had no effect.

As has been pointed out time after time, there are no credible economists anywhere predicting anything other than that Brexit will make us significantly poorer. What there are, are idiots like this writing shite that would get a fail in GSCE economics.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #507 on April 20, 2021, 09:18:45 am by wilts rover »
Johnson promises to end GB - NI trade barriers.

That are contained in the deal he negotiated and up until a few days ago he denied existed - despite most of the rest of the world telling him that is exactly what he had put in place.

Absolutely no chance of this happening, all Tory lies and spin like most of what he says. But watch the normal government apologists come out and defend him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56777985

https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK/status/1384410580920963072

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #508 on April 20, 2021, 09:55:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Imagine how shocked he must be to find that these "ludicrous barriers" exist!

Where did they come from?

Who authorised them?

Why did no-one tell him these "ludicrous barriers" were coming when he solemnly told the electorate there would be no barriers?

I do wonder how deeply he has to insult the intelligence of his supporters before they kick back.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #509 on April 20, 2021, 11:25:11 am by Not Now Kato »
Imagine how shocked he must be to find that these "ludicrous barriers" exist!

Where did they come from?

Who authorised them?

Why did no-one tell him these "ludicrous barriers" were coming when he solemnly told the electorate there would be no barriers?

I do wonder how deeply he has to insult the intelligence of his supporters before they kick back.

Actually Billy, I genuinely believe that if he came up to them and kicked them in the nuts, most of his supporters would actually thank him for doing it!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012