Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:29:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Owen Bailey  (Read 1609 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Owen Bailey
« on October 20, 2023, 11:30:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
This is a ‘lad’ we brought in to play our defensive midfield role.

Due to injuries in the back four he has played in a central midfield role, a wing back & has never ever let the side down.

He wins headers he has ‘no right to win’, he gets the ball down & nine times out of ten plays a positive ball forwards.

He’s tenacious in a tackle, has the ability to look up & read what is happening in front of him thus allowing him to pick the perfect pass be that long or short.

5 games ago McCaan said in an interview “I wish I had 10 more Owen Baileys to choose from”.

Now we can see why.

The closest I’ve seen to an Alan Warboys ‘Mark 2’.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Owen Bailey
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2023, 11:31:20 pm by Prez »
Hes a very good player, looking forward to seeing him in his natural position.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2023, 12:37:06 am by danumdon »
Lets just hope Jones and Lawler aren't both out injured at the same time eh!

This lad will play anywhere and make a real fist of it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2023, 11:36:34 am by GazLaz »
He has played at centre half a lot before though. It’s not a new position to him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2023, 11:39:47 am by Nudga »
One of those players who puts in a 8/10 performance every match but doesn't get the same attention as maybe Ironside or Molly.
He would definitely be missed if he got injured.
Signing of the season for me.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 21, 2023, 12:51:19 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
He has played at centre half a lot before though. It’s not a new position to him.
in an interview a few weeks back he was asked what he believed his best position was.

He said he prefers midfield where he’s involved in the play more but thinks he’s better at centre half.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2023, 01:58:42 pm by Jonathan »
Thing with Bailey is he plays with a commitment, smile and a spirit that’s relatable to the fans, he’s clearly loving it here and as a supporter that’s all you want to see. Good footballer too. Really impressive signing.

Champagne Super Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2023, 04:14:35 pm by Champagne Super Rovers »
Had the good fortune to meet him at a pre-season training event.  He seemed a really genuine, likeable lad too.  I was impressed with him before I saw him kick a ball and I've been more than impressed now I've seen him play

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2023, 09:30:34 pm by Pancho Regan »
Had the good fortune to meet him at a pre-season training event.  He seemed a really genuine, likeable lad too.  I was impressed with him before I saw him kick a ball and I've been more than impressed now I've seen him play

We were on the same table with Owen that day with you CSR, and I think we were all impressed by this very humble and positive young man who was relishing the opportunity which had been given to him by joining the Rovers.

My goodness, he is fulfilling all our hopes and expectations. He’s already my favourite!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012