Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:32:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo  (Read 5480 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Kongolo
« on November 25, 2017, 05:53:54 pm by Padge_DRFC »
When is the earliest time we can send him back? Useless. At fault for the first goal and looked like he didn’t care.

He could probably play all day because he’ll never get tired from just jogging around the pitch. Please send him back and play the side that started the second half next week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Kongolo
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2017, 06:01:18 pm by mushRTID »
I think it’s January. When Fergie says he knows what he’s going to do in January I think letting him go back and signing an experienced replacement may be one of the things.

I don’t agree he’s useless at all he looks talented enough to me but I’d rather he ‘learnt’ the game playing for somebody else.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2017, 06:06:11 pm by Jonathan »
He might be a good player one day, but he’s not now, and we live in the present. It’d be worth persisting if he was going to be part of our future, but he’s not. He’s taking up a shirt that could and should have been given to Alfie Beestin on a more regular basis. He can go back to the Manchester City academy for me.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2017, 06:31:34 pm by Retdon1 »
Send him back, he's utterly useless.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2017, 07:16:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Kongolo has no discipline off the ball and cannot get in and amongst it during a physical midfield battle. If he was our player is give him another chance but he isn't and he never will be. He's not what we need in a League One scrap.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2017, 07:17:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's not trying to be poor but he just isn't ready yet.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2017, 07:24:58 pm by Donnybax »
And to think we waited all summer to sign him

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2017, 07:28:31 pm by NickDRFC »
He's not trying to be poor but he just isn't ready yet.

"He's not trying to be poor". And the No Shit Sherlock award goes to big fat yorkshire pudding

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2017, 07:30:24 pm by Branton Rover »
I think the lad has talent but it’s as a wider player hugging the line, he has pace and have seen him deliver decent balls on occasions - when he plays centrally he looks like a little lad lost

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2017, 08:47:35 pm by dknward2 »
He looked fed up when he walked onto the pitch today like he ready didn’t want to be there had the good odd touch but at fault for the goal needs games to learn but not at our expense, if we want a young player to learn the game use our own.

With the 2 cup games coming up maybe a chance for the young players to get a run out.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2017, 08:53:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
think generally the loan players we've got the last couple of years haven't adding anything better that what we have, plus it feels like we have to play them no matter what or at the least they get preferential treatment...   

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2017, 08:55:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I can’t see where he has talent. He can’t pass other than back, he doesn’t have the ability to go pass a defender on the outside and tries to take too many on the inside, he can’t tackle doesn’t mark players, doesn’t help his full back out, doesn’t show for the ball or move into space and goes awol.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 25, 2017, 09:08:36 pm by bobjimwilly »
he must have talent to be picked up by manchester city and captain the Netherlands U20s, it's just not being put to the best use in our current team I think. He is probably used to more time on the ball and more talented players around him. He certainly shouldn't be playing the wellens role!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 25, 2017, 09:14:39 pm by StocktonRover »
This will probably sound stupid, but he does have talent and he looked good in patches including at Arsenal.
At the moment, he’s not got the right mentality or application for a league 1 scrap.

I think we will see him playing at a higher level in future but can we afford to develop him at the moment - probably not.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2017, 09:37:17 pm by adamtherover »
think generally the loan players we've got the last couple of years haven't adding anything better that what we have, plus it feels like we have to play them no matter what or at the least they get preferential treatment...   
Im sure most folks would argue jordan Houghton would disagree with you.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2017, 09:56:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Im sure most folks would argue jordan Houghton would disagree with you.

agreed on houghton but only been able to say 1 of the 4 is worth their place just proves what i'm saying 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2017, 10:28:58 pm by the vicar »
When is the earliest time we can send him back? Useless. At fault for the first goal and looked like he didn’t care.

He could probably play all day because he’ll never get tired from just jogging around the pitch. Please send him back and play the side that started the second half next week.
first goal, don't you mean there only goal

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2017, 10:32:59 pm by drfchound »

So a young player who is an under 19 international and captain of a Manchester City under 23 team is useless?
Really?

That is about as stupid as a comment by a knobhead behind me today who said Andy Butler wouldn’t get in a Sunday League team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2017, 10:43:58 pm by RedJ »
I can guess who that was hound. He's the same week in, week out about Butler...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2017, 10:49:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
It's funny you should mention the Arsenal game, Stockton, and whilst I agree at times he looked good in parts, he also left Matty Blair time and time again to 2 and 3 on 1's. He has no idea how to do the dirty work, or it could be he thinks it's below his perceived stature? Either way, he isn't contributing much and I think he has been the biggest disappointment so far this season.

He is not what we need right now and I hope he returns to his parent club in January, but only if we replace him with someone who can do the defensive part as well as cause problems offensively.

The lad is not useless, he has more talent than some of our promising youngsters, but but at the end of the day what does it mean to him if he plays badly? He can go back to City and be mollycoddled! He came with a bigger reputation than was warranted - he still has a lot to learn.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 25, 2017, 10:54:25 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Im not saying he’s useless because let’s call a spade a spade we’ve had worse, but I am yet to see what he brings. We’ve had worse but I can’t remember the last time we had a player who looks less interested. He constantly looks like he’s got another gear that he just can’t be bothered to go into, that’s the only way I can describe him. In my opinion he will not be missed!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 25, 2017, 11:02:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
He's probably caught it from Mandeville! ;)

Deeping Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 25, 2017, 11:56:55 pm by Deeping Red »
I can't see what Rodney brings to the team. At the minute he's a waste of a shirt.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 26, 2017, 12:24:10 am by hoolahoop »
he must have talent to be picked up by manchester city and captain the Netherlands U20s, it's just not being put to the best use in our current team I think. He is probably used to more time on the ball and more talented players around him. He certainly shouldn't be playing the wellens role!

You see I would agree with that , the lad clearly has talent but I would question his application.
Players don't come through the Citeh  Academy lacking talent and they certainly aren't kept on if they totally flatter to deceive.

I would fancy that the Man City scouts and management have seen a different player than we see most of the time - who would question their ability to select decent players or at least rough ( very rough ) diamonds here. Certainly I wouldn't and have some sympathy with those that say he shouldn't be guaranteed a starting position  ( if perhaps the wrong one ) with us currently.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 26, 2017, 12:29:15 am by hoolahoop »
Im not saying he’s useless because let’s call a spade a spade we’ve had worse, but I am as a footballer.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 26, 2017, 06:03:29 am by GazLaz »

You see I would agree with that , the lad clearly has talent but I would question his application.
Players don't come through the Citeh  Academy lacking talent and they certainly aren't kept on if they totally flatter to deceive.

I would fancy that the Man City scouts and management have seen a different player than we see most of the time - who would question their ability to select decent players or at least rough ( very rough ) diamonds here. Certainly I wouldn't and have some sympathy with those that say he shouldn't be guaranteed a starting position  ( if perhaps the wrong one ) with us currently.

It’s a different game playing against boys to playing against men.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 26, 2017, 06:13:52 am by graingrover »
He reminds me of the Arsenal loanee we had who went on to Ipswich ( can't recall his name at 7 oclock in morning here ). .. just as much a dilemna as with all 19 year olds .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 26, 2017, 07:27:33 am by Padge_DRFC »

Yes at this minute in time he is useless and does nothing for us other than jog around the pitch looking like he can’t be bothered.

So a young player who is an under 19 international and captain of a Manchester City under 23 team is useless?
Really?

That is about as stupid as a comment by a knobhead behind me today who said Andy Butler wouldn’t get in a Sunday League team.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 26, 2017, 07:28:43 am by Padge_DRFC »

If we’re going to be fussy. It’s ‘their goal’ not there goal.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 26, 2017, 08:41:31 am by Chris Black come back »
He reminds me of the Arsenal loanee we had who went on to Ipswich ( can't recall his name at 7 oclock in morning here ). .. just as much a dilemna as with all 19 year olds .

JET.

Difference was that JET could when he was pointed in right direction, destroy Championship clubs when he was with us.

Kongolo is still work in progress and struggling to make a regular impact in League One.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012