Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:56:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo  (Read 5482 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Kongolo
« Reply #30 on November 26, 2017, 09:33:26 am by Jonathan »
JET had it in him to win a game on his own, and he did so on occasion, too. A huge talent and a huge waste in equal measure.

Kongolo is too far away at the moment for me. And it’s the nonchalance that’s most frustrating. He just looks like he’s out for a jog at less than 50% effort. There’s just not enough happening.

Compare and contrast with Jordan Houghton (not at his best yesterday admittedly), another loan signing, who bosses games and plays like he wants to be here and takes some pride in it. In fairness I think Houghton has a couple of years on Rodney, too.

Rodney needs to go back to Manchester City and have a think about what he wants to achieve and what that will take. He’s not our future project, and shouldn’t be blocking Beestin’s route into the team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 26, 2017, 09:37:06 am by nortikorner »
Could it be the lads mind set (iam from Manchester City ,iam a International player , you are only League one players ) i play every game,  bench time for him  you have to earn your place 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 26, 2017, 09:40:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
He might be brilliant in the future but he's not yet League One level. Send back and get someone in like Wellens. Keep Whiteman because he does offer us something.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 26, 2017, 09:46:40 am by Filo »
If Kingolo is the future of Dutch football, they'll miss out on a few more international tournements

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 26, 2017, 09:55:25 am by Bezza »
we need to play the grafters, unfortunately he isn`t one.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 26, 2017, 09:59:31 am by selby »
  He will play Tuesday,probably be sub next Saturday,but being a loan player has more than a 50% chance of coming on at some time in the game.
  Me, I would only play him in a more advanced role further up the field where he can cause some damage,he is poor in his own half,and has been coached to retain the ball even if it is negative to do so.
  He wants to start running at people and hurting them,he has it in his locker and does it in wide positions and has created a couple of goals doing it.
  Like a couple of our players he is a square peg in a round hole,but for those who want to send him back,if Tommy Rowe or Copps got a long standing injury this season we would need him to play their role.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 26, 2017, 10:06:25 am by DonnyOsmond »
Would we? We've got Mandeville, Beestin, Whiteman or Longbottom capable there.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 26, 2017, 10:30:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bit of a puzzle this one. He's clearly a gifted young player but perhaps he's found it difficult to adapt to the rigours of lower league football.

Doing the mucky stuff doesn't come naturally to him and and playing formations and shape that he's not used to. He doesn't really look like he's enjoying his football but then again, we could say that of a few recently.

Whilst we need loan players to do a job, we also have a responsibility to make sure they're looked after and given the right guidance and encouragement. I'm sure DF will give careful consideration whether to extend the loan.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 26, 2017, 11:59:18 am by Chris Black come back »
There is probably also some consideration of our future relationship with Man City and indeed the other mega clubs, when it comes to young players.

If we want to take their talent in future we have to show we can make use of their lads and give them game time and not mess them around. We start sending players back early or leaving them on bench for weeks on end then Rovers do not look a good home for young loanees. Different to formal agreement over starting places but same motivation.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 26, 2017, 03:29:35 pm by Dutch Uncle »
There is probably also some consideration of our future relationship with Man City and indeed the other mega clubs, when it comes to young players.

If we want to take their talent in future we have to show we can make use of their lads and give them game time and not mess them around. We start sending players back early or leaving them on bench for weeks on end then Rovers do not look a good home for young loanees. Different to formal agreement over starting places but same motivation.

Agreed, but the loan comes to an end in early January, so not extending the loan - for example saying through injuries we desperately need a striker instead - might not sound too bad. The maximum loan players we can play is 5 and IMHO we have to leave one possibility open for a keeper in case of injuries. We don't want to be paying for 6 or 7 loan players when we can only play 5.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 26, 2017, 07:13:05 pm by drfchound »
Where is JET playing now by the way.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 26, 2017, 07:38:46 pm by dickos1 »
QPR I think

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 26, 2017, 07:39:40 pm by drfchound »
Is he getting a regular first team game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 26, 2017, 07:42:07 pm by dickos1 »
Don't think so
Been on loan twice to Gillingham and mk dons

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 27, 2017, 03:51:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Some of these prem youngsters seem too cosseted. Less money, having to scrap for their privileges, having spirit in their souls and bodies rather than something akin to an app. Pah!

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 27, 2017, 10:12:05 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I think of Bambi when I see Rodney play. When Bambi was born he was all legs and couldn't control them or himself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012