Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:34:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: December fixtures  (Read 2110 times)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
December fixtures
« on November 26, 2017, 10:56:48 am by BigKeif »
I know every month and game are just as important as any other but I didn’t realise how big a month December is with the league games.

Every game is against a team that is around us. I’m not sure about anyone else’s thoughts but I think this could be a very important month depending on how results go for us, it’ll be nice to see what others think about it.

Obviously we’ve played 20 games and have 23 points and in 16th but the teams were playing have;

9/12 - Oxford / 9th / 27 points / played 20

16/12 - Oldham / 17th / 23 points / played 19

23/12 - Bristol Rovers / 18th / 21 points / played 19

26/12 - Northampton / 22nd / 19 points / played 20

29/12 - Rochdale / 19th / 20 points / played 19

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: December fixtures
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2017, 01:32:42 pm by dknward2 »
Big month like them all but this could give us a physiological advantage over the teams behind if we can get some good results 7 to 9 points would be a good return anything more expect playoffs by January anything less could make a lot of pressure on us

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2017, 02:06:41 pm by BigKeif »
Big month like them all but this could give us a physiological advantage over the teams behind if we can get some good results 7 to 9 points would be a good return anything more expect playoffs by January anything less could make a lot of pressure on us

Totally agree DK, that was my thinking behind it also. Massive month and I agree with that points total if we can achieve it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 26, 2017, 03:18:10 pm by Campsall rover »
If we play like we did in the 1st half yesterday, we are unlikely to get any points at all in those 5 games.
On the other hand, as the contrast was so vast, if we play with the same vigour, passion and determination as we did in the 2nd half then we can win 4 possibly all 5 games.
Might sound like pie in the sky to many of you, but all those teams are not in any sort of form at the moment.
Oxford looks the toughest on paper but predicting results is impossible and as I said which Rovers team will turn up in each of those games?
We have'nt managed a consistent 90+ mins yet this season.
IF we do get 12 points then we will all be talking about the play offs as we set off to Peterborough on New Year's Day.  :woohoo:
But even the most optermistic of us will agree 12 points is unlikely unless yesterdays 2nd half really was the turning point of our season.
It will be a defining month for us I feel.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2017, 07:42:48 am by BigKeif »
Great points campsall and I agree on all what you say, I truly believe it’s a defining month also and hopefully that second half performance is the turning point. I’m waiting in anticipation as to what is going to happen anyway  :rtid:

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 27, 2017, 09:47:22 am by phil old leake »
I'm expecting changes against Rochdale Tuesday but maybe DF should look at put a marker down and really going for it.  The only problem with that is if we play like the first half on Saturday and get beat

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2017, 12:42:22 am by andysly »
Get 7 points from the 3 home games, and add anything from the away trips and December will be decent.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2017, 04:51:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
December results could go anyway, we are that unpredictable. On the positive side, it could be a very good month but alternatively, it could see us cemented in the bottom 4.

None of the teams round us will want to lose ground on us, so they'll come and stone wall us and it's not going to be very entertaining.

That is this league to a tee though, no easy games, unlike div 2. That is why we need some experienced players in January and get them in as early as possible. If we do go for young lads, they need to be ready and we'll equipped for a hard slog.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012