Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:38:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonights game.  (Read 2027 times)

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
Tonights game.
« on November 28, 2017, 10:00:36 pm by Heffs right foot »
Anybody been tonight...like to get first hand views of the game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Tonights game.
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2017, 10:13:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It doesn't really matter if we were shite or not, it's the first time we've lost in the competition this season so we shouldn't complain.

Stats don't lie!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2017, 10:17:39 pm by dknward2 »
We made 8 changers they made 4 to the team that played on sat and we only lost on penalties it’s a shame but I rather make sure we get safe in the league than these games, I fully expect us to go for it against scunny getting past them could if the draws kind mean getting in some extra players in January

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2017, 10:17:54 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Mandy bagged. Few of young lads got 90 minutes. Didn't lose in 90 minutes. Stands them in good stead going forward. Onto Scunny Sunday now!

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2017, 10:23:22 pm by Heffs right foot »
Cheers boys thanks for the replys.....see you all Sunday.

TheDonnyPop

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2017, 06:23:09 am by TheDonnyPop »
I got held ip at work and missed most of fhe first half, including there penalty.
I still made the trip.
My friend inside informed a steward who let me in.

Firstly I'm not too concerned about the outcome. Unlike most, I still enjoy these games. There is less pressure on the players and managers. And a chance for one or two to stake their claim.
If you had seen some of the tackles that were flying in on the Rovers players last night, you would understand the game still carried some importance.

It is a good opportunity to look at some of the fringe players.
Marko, despite never saving a penalty all night, did make atleast one decent save in the second half.
Garrett looked decent again.
Ben Khemis showed his skill time to time.
Mandeville, bagged a goal with a good finish and had a few decent touches. His close control on the night is second to only copps.
Beestin again looked lively.

There was some very good penalties taken by our boys. Ben Khemis smashed his in off the left post.

Disappointed Tommy missed his. But it happens.

I was most disappointed from Ben Khemis. He did not want to leave the pitch in the end. He looked gutted.
Obviously this competition has given him much needed game time. (not sure he is ready for L1 football yet, as he looked shaky in his one and only league start)
Hopefully in January he can be loaned to L2 for the remainder and come back for us next season, because he has a lot of promise.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012