Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:15:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders  (Read 9358 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders
« Reply #60 on February 18, 2012, 07:34:50 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220808
Jesus Christ.. We're on 24, forest are on 28 please tell me you know that is 4

Edit..  Posted before your edit

I know that is 4.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 18, 2012, 07:38:18 pm by dickos1 »
Of course we have to defend, teams are going to change their system when they're 2-0 down at home and are obviously going to have sustained pressure. We need to defend better, it's too easy to say we should attack, that is impossible when team are all over you and have gone all out attack. We need to defend better and play out victories. The old arsenal team under graham didn't attack, they defended properly and kept clean sheets.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 18, 2012, 08:20:44 pm by The Red Baron »
I'll admit- I don't rate Saunders as a manager. I don't think he has any tactical nous and I don't like his style of football. That said, I think it is pointless to talk about sacking him. Let's see how we finish the season.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 18, 2012, 08:30:42 pm by Chris »
I agree with what seems to be the majority. I think Saunders was a poor appointment but sacking him now probably wouldn't do us much good.

I really hope we can stay in this division but I honestly cannot see us doing so. The summer may be the perfect opportunity to rebuild under a competent manager, albeit in the division below.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #64 on February 18, 2012, 08:50:39 pm by Rovin Reporter »
We can do this ...or we can go down fighting..  f**k em let's fight .

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 18, 2012, 10:13:46 pm by Mr1Croft »
I'm actually warming to him, he says all the right things and he certainly has the passion, but as others as pointed out he is more of a man-manager than a tactical coach.

His record at Wrexham was a controversial one, at the end of 2010, the fans wanted him sacked after based on only first half results they were 2nd in the table in reality they were 6th as they could never hold a lead into the second half.

In fact in 9 of the 13 games Wrexham failed to win in the first 21 fixtures of that season Wrexham had took the lead.

Going by that today with other results and his record at Wrexham we can probably make the conclusion that Dean Saunders' teams cannot hold onto a lead.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 18, 2012, 10:29:56 pm by dickos1 »
Scrap that.. Doncaster rovers cannot hold onto a lead.
Saunders has done it at Peterborough, and at home to Leicester and Southampton.
But over the last 3 years our record in last ten mins cannot be good including  now

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 18, 2012, 10:32:51 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220887
Scrap that.. Doncaster rovers cannot hold onto a lead.
Saunders has done it at Peterborough, and at home to Leicester and Southampton.
But over the last 3 years our record in last ten mins cannot be good including  now

I do agree with that, to be fair to Saunders out of the 14 games we never won, we only took the lead 3 times.

Today was perhaps the best attacking Doncaster Rovers I have seen in the last year, and it was clear why SOD had to go, that said I knew our defense would struggle today under pressure, and had the game finished 2-2 I would have been happy...

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 18, 2012, 10:40:34 pm by mjdgreg »
Whatever anyone thinks of Saunders it is now too late to have him replaced. So I suggest we stop slagging him off and get behind him as best as we can and let's hope most of us will be proved wrong about him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 18, 2012, 10:43:21 pm by dickos1 »
Mick, that's the best post you've ever made.. I fully agree

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 19, 2012, 11:59:58 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220697
We score 2 away at Leeds hit woodwork twice miss another couple of chances. How is that Saunders fault. We could easily have scored 4 or 5 today. We just panic, which all sides do at the bottom of any table. Away from home we've been so unluck, brum, today, Bristol, even Watford.

I always thought you were a better player than you are manager Dean!!!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 19, 2012, 03:14:25 pm by weststander »
I cannot remember when I last felt as sick as I did after the game yesterday. I was not at Elland Road so I can't comment on individual performances. The thing that surprises me though is that the manager made changes to the team by including players who haven't played for quite a long time, ie Chimbonda and Barnes having only said after Tuesday's game that he thought the shortage of matches had affected our game. Seems a trifle inconsistent to me. Nor am I sure what O'Connor has done to get dropped.
The other thing I find puzzling is that Brian Carey was a defender so you might be forgiven for thinking that he would be able to coach a defence.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 19, 2012, 03:15:08 pm by 1879Rovers »
I honestly thought there was a lot of positives yesterday. The amount of chances we made we could have been 3 or 4 up before they got into the game. If anything I thought we was guilty of trying to get all three points at the end when many teams would have settled for a point. We looked the more like to get the winner in injury time and two of their three goals had a huge amount of luck. The first goal, pinged of two or three players before they scored and the winner by Becchio, his first shock was weak and easy for Button but takes a deflection of his own player and falling back into his path.

Next three games we need at least six points. 3 or less and we really are in deep trouble. I am not giving up yet and I think Saunders will keep us up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 19, 2012, 03:26:35 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"weststander\" post=220983
I cannot remember when I last felt as sick as I did after the game yesterday. I was not at Elland Road so I can't comment on individual performances. The thing that surprises me though is that the manager made changes to the team by including players who haven't played for quite a long time, ie Chimbonda and Barnes having only said after Tuesday's game that he thought the shortage of matches had affected our game. Seems a trifle inconsistent to me. Nor am I sure what O'Connor has done to get dropped.
The other thing I find puzzling is that Brian Carey was a defender so you might be forgiven for thinking that he would be able to coach a defence.

It was widely spoke about on here that we had to change the midfield and drop oster. Saunders did that so we should be pleased he's seeing the same things. As for o Connor, he's not been at his best for a long time now. He's even admitted so himself in interviews.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 19, 2012, 05:18:40 pm by Red wizard »
We look better with Chimmdonda imo. On sat we will be able to feild our stongest defence if Spurr is ok.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 19, 2012, 06:28:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Let's all turn on each other again! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! (where are you jonnydog!?)

Some of the posts on this thread...scratch that the whole forum are just painful to read. Why must we react to every game by slagging off Saunders, McKay, players, officials, fans, maybe the kit man...everyone!? Wellred blaming Hayter is as bad as the OP blaming Saunders, then everyone getting at each other's throats on here.

Results like yesterday happen. Yes they seem to happen a lot to us but from what I saw it was a positive performance and we were unlucky not to score a few more. Becchio's winner was a very good strike. We'll probably go down this season, but oh well. We'll still have a club to support next season and that's the main thing. Plenty to look forward to in the future.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 19, 2012, 07:11:36 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"stevedrfc\" post=220691
Yes it is and willy. Get lee Clark in.
What the man. Who has failed to get big budget Huddersfield with the divisions prolific striker. Automatic promotion for the last two seasons & was failing in that again ,  no thanks give Dean a chance for god sake !

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 20, 2012, 01:08:17 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I think our survival or otherwise this season could boil down to whether Saunders/ McKay actually manage to sign and play a fully fit central midfield enforcer before it's too late.
Barnes/ Stock /Gillett/ Oster just don't provide the answer in Saunders system IMO.

The goalie issue dragged on far too long before being rectified. Ditto central midfield and it still ain't fixed with only 15 odd games to go. Unless it is, and quickly, I fear for the worst.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 20, 2012, 07:40:05 am by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=221137
I think our survival or otherwise this season could boil down to whether Saunders/ McKay actually manage to sign and play a fully fit central midfield enforcer before it's too late.
Barnes/ Stock /Gillett/ Oster just don't provide the answer in Saunders system IMO.

The goalie issue dragged on far too long before being rectified. Ditto central midfield and it still ain't fixed with only 15 odd games to go. Unless it is, and quickly, I fear for the worst.
Keegan will be that man. If he can stay fit.  Dean retes him as proper mid who can tackle.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 20, 2012, 08:30:29 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=221144
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=221137

Keegan will be that man. If he can stay fit.  Dean retes him as proper mid who can tackle.

I've always said he deserves his chance! :thumbsup:

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 20, 2012, 09:10:49 am by sedwardsdrfc »
if we go down then i would really consider getting rid it is just not good enogugh to be winning 2-0 and not even draw. the worst thing is even at 2-0 i thought yep we will lose this in the 90th min.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 20, 2012, 11:19:30 am by RedJ »
Shall we take into account the fact that the bin kickers have been doing stuff like this all season?

I'm not excusing the fact that we were \"2-0 up and f**ked it up\", just trying to put it into perspective.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 20, 2012, 11:27:23 am by The L J Monk »
The first and third goals owed a huge amount to good fortune. Both resulted from blocked shots that fell kindly to one of their players. We have ourselves to blame for not taking our chances, but the luck was certainly not with us defensively.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 20, 2012, 11:31:56 am by drfc1951 »
Ive lost count the number of times we were beaten by late goals over the last 5 years.Its not just Deano as some people lin
like to make out.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 20, 2012, 10:05:20 pm by glosterred »
I ask the question again - is it time for him to go?

:scarf:

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 20, 2012, 10:59:03 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Original question \"Is it time for him to go?\" Answer It was never time for him to come.
As an earlier post says theres far better managers without jobs out there.

pubteam

« Reply #86 on March 20, 2012, 11:12:02 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"Goldthorpe Rover\" post=227910
Original question \"Is it time for him to go?\" Answer It was never time for him to come.
As an earlier post says theres far better managers without jobs out there.

Name them.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 20, 2012, 11:12:31 pm by donnyroversfc »
Dean Saunders, if you're reading this (i assume you can read- you cant manage) then please do the honourable thing and resign! Take your girlfriend Willie with you aswell!!!

I dont wish either of you any success in the future, you pair of jokers! I hope no other clubs falls for the pair of you's ideas!!

Muppets!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 29, 2012, 01:45:10 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=220734
Ok that's it from me. I may come back to the forum after the season ends but I cannot take all the crap negative drivel that some posters on here seem to revel in.
It seems that after every game the same people blame Saunders, McKay and ex members of the board for everything that goes wrong. It seems they can't wait to have a go.

It's all yours Dickos, I fear however you are fighting a losing battle.

Pleased to see you back Wellred, i take it that with your reappearance that you now think the season is over? :)

Welcome back you uber positive soul!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012