Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Harrogate Town  (Read 7273 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Harrogate Town
« on May 06, 2018, 05:03:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Just beaten Chorley in semi final play off with 94 th min winner 2-1
Will play Brackley or Bradford PA in final. One game away from National league premier. Full house there today could get a ticket as left it too late.  :headbang: All ticket match.
Will be brill to see them in the football league in a few years.
Ambitious club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Harrogate Town
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2018, 05:04:38 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s COULD NOT get ticket.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2018, 07:29:53 pm by Bezza »
bet that was a good atmosphere, nice little ground hope they win the final.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2018, 06:02:41 am by les@donr »
Be good to see Harrogate go up, been close for a number of years. Hopefully this year is their year.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2018, 09:07:49 am by Glyn_Wigley »
bet that was a good atmosphere, nice little ground hope they win the final.

There are plans for rebuilding quite a bit of it.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2018, 09:16:18 am by Geoff Blakesley »
They have become a professional team now which is starting to reap it's benefits. Come on the town !

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2018, 04:12:42 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Campsall. I would have thought you might have been able to pay on the gate, I don't recall the game being declared a sell out. There was segregation and I think Chorley would have brought more had they been able. I went when Town played York when there was 2,800 in, albeit with no segregation. Tickets for next Sundays final against Brackley are on sale,and we have literally just printed off the tickets.
Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, although Town made hard work for themselves and should have been 4-0 up when Chorley scored, but who doesn't love a 94th minute winner that send you into a final.
If the plans for the grounds redevelopment are anything to go by, they could be a club to keep an eye on.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2018, 02:49:54 am by Colemans Left Hook »
the amazing thing is Arrogate has 2 football teams

Arrogate & Barrogate
 :chair:

seriously they do have 2 teams

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2018, 08:07:52 am by Campsall rover »
Campsall. I would have thought you might have been able to pay on the gate, I don't recall the game being declared a sell out. There was segregation and I think Chorley would have brought more had they been able. I went when Town played York when there was 2,800 in, albeit with no segregation. Tickets for next Sundays final against Brackley are on sale,and we have literally just printed off the tickets.
Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, although Town made hard work for themselves and should have been 4-0 up when Chorley scored, but who doesn't love a 94th minute winner that send you into a final.
If the plans for the grounds redevelopment are anything to go by, they could be a club to keep an eye on.
Well on web site it said no pay on gate so I didn’t risk it.
Got ticket for Final on line yesterday and it’s to be posted to me.
I didn’t think they would be on sale to general public immediately as season ticket holders normally get first hit. Not sure how many they have got can’t be very many. Ave gate is around 1.150 this season so maybe 500/600 at a guess.
It would be good to meet up. I bought a seat ticket.
Up the Town.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2018, 08:27:40 am by drfchound »
the amazing thing is Arrogate has 2 football teams

Arrogate & Barrogate
 :chair:

seriously they do have 2 teams

Town and Railway?

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2018, 09:02:37 am by Wade Falana »
Railway have just been relegated from North East Counties East League. I went to the game on Sunday, really good atmosphere and Town thoroughly deserved to win. Be a lot tougher against Brackley this weekend.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2018, 10:05:47 am by ravenrover »
Made my debut for Broddie 1st team against the Railway back in the 70's bog of a pitch and an old railway carriage for changing rooms

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2018, 12:35:51 pm by VivaRovers »
We had a feature on Harrogate Railway Athletic in the fanzine this year (issue 93 I think) as part of Howard's tour round local works/community clubs.

Town's rise appears to have been mirrored by Athletic's fall; as mentioned above they ended this season with relegation from the NCEL Premier to NCEL Division One (10th tier), the same division as Rossington Main and Armthorpe.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2018, 06:23:38 pm by scawsby steve »
We had a feature on Harrogate Railway Athletic in the fanzine this year (issue 93 I think) as part of Howard's tour round local works/community clubs.

Town's rise appears to have been mirrored by Athletic's fall; as mentioned above they ended this season with relegation from the NCEL Premier to NCEL Division One (10th tier), the same division as Rossington Main and Armthorpe.

Another disappointment, Glen, is Frickley's defeat in the Northern Premier League 1 south play-off semi- final; they really did need to get promoted back to the Premier division at the first time of asking.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2018, 11:24:05 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Campsall.
Glad you managed to get a ticket for Sunday, as its a sell out. Season ticket holders have been automatically allocated two tickets each. Luckily my lad went on line and managed to get three tickets on Monday literally minutes after going on sale, which he's printed off. We'll be standing on the terrace opposite the seats. 

Viva.
I saw the article in the fanzine about Railway, also one on Town earlier on in the season. You're right about Railways demise, they'd become established in the Norther Premier Division 1 North but have been relegated twice in the last three years. They've  made a bit of money in recent years thanks to a couple of FA cup runs and spent it on the ground and a smart new club house and also have a great set up with kids teams, boys and girls, from under 7's - under 17's. But are very much the poor relations compared to Town at the moment.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2018, 11:46:13 pm by German Rover »

Another disappointment, Glen, is Frickley's defeat in the Northern Premier League 1 south play-off semi- final; they really did need to get promoted back to the Premier division at the first time of asking.

They'll be fine. Their better players are under contract. They have a forward looking management team. I'd put my house on them going up as champions next year

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 09, 2018, 03:37:36 am by scawsby steve »

They'll be fine. Their better players are under contract. They have a forward looking management team. I'd put my house on them going up as champions next year

That's good to hear, German; are Gavin Allott and Jacob Hazell under contract? if they are then things are really looking good; they must have scored over 50 goals between them this season.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 09, 2018, 10:56:09 am by TheFunk »
Even better that Knaresborough will be a division above Railway next season. Absolutely unthinkable even just 1 year ago.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2018, 07:12:32 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Even better that Knaresborough will be a division above Railway next season. Absolutely unthinkable even just 1 year ago.

I'm ashamed to say that Knaresborough's activities this season had completely passed me buy. I knew they'd moved up into the N.E Counties League a few seasons ago and seemed to be doing fine, but had no idea that they'd finished as champions.

A brilliant acheivment!

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2018, 10:30:06 am by TheFunk »

I'm ashamed to say that Knaresborough's activities this season had completely passed me buy. I knew they'd moved up into the N.E Counties League a few seasons ago and seemed to be doing fine, but had no idea that they'd finished as champions.

A brilliant acheivment!

I believe they're the first team to get 100 points at that level.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 12, 2018, 11:09:35 pm by les@donr »
All the best for tomorrow.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 13, 2018, 04:01:22 pm by RoversAlias »
2 goals to the good at half time and heading up as it stands surely.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 13, 2018, 04:36:24 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Come on ‘Gate, now 3-0!
:clapping:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 13, 2018, 04:48:35 pm by les@donr »
I think they'll do well in the National Prem. next season.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 13, 2018, 05:25:44 pm by les@donr »
Promoted! Well done.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 13, 2018, 06:40:42 pm by besty »
I also like the new play off system,too right they had the advantage at home in the final,all playoffs should do this but I guess money talks

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 13, 2018, 06:49:27 pm by les@donr »
Just beaten Chorley in semi final play off with 94 th min winner 2-1
Will play Brackley or Bradford PA in final. One game away from National league premier. Full house there today could get a ticket as left it too late.  :headbang: All ticket match.
Will be brill to see them in the football league in a few years.
Ambitious club.

According to their fans forum they have the go ahead to expand their ground to 5k capacity.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 13, 2018, 09:39:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Very impressive today. Best team by a mile. Work rate and the sheer will to win were very evident. Great to see the ground full. Brilliant to see all the fans mixing together with no trouble whatsoever.
That’s what football is all about. That was possibly the most enjoyable days football of the season, and i have seen Rovers play 42 League games this season + cup games.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 13, 2018, 11:50:34 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Very impressive today. Best team by a mile. Work rate and the sheer will to win were very evident. Great to see the ground full. Brilliant to see all the fans mixing together with no trouble whatsoever.
That’s what football is all about. That was possibly the most enjoyable days football of the season, and i have seen Rovers play 42 League games this season + cup games.

Amen to that Campsall.
Despite Town having two players stretchered off, there was a great spirit about the game. Absolutely delighted with the result and I think that with a couple of additions to that starting 11 they could be very competitive next season. They've got some very good players.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 14, 2018, 08:46:37 am by Pancho Regan »
is it Jamie McCombe's brother plays for Harrogate?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012