Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:51:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cup Final or Royal Wedding?  (Read 4360 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Cup Final or Royal Wedding?
« Reply #30 on May 19, 2018, 06:38:06 am by Donnywolf »
I went Fishing for the whole day when Charles and Diana got married and would do today if possible. I am currently watching Kevin Nolan on SSN for the 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th time complaining "that the Refs did us" - get used to it mate - rather than even watch BBC News because it will be wall to wall Royal Wedding.

Time for a Republic imo - but it wont happen in my lifetime

I will get to watch FA Cup Final hoping for a Chelsea win to deprive Man U of winning a Trophy they openly spurned and furthered its demise - but now are desparate to win - for some Silverware to crown a great Season

I expect Chelsea will blow it as they seem poor to me - so I will turn off the TV if it is going to go the wrong way - and ignore it tomorrow as well till the joyous coverage of both events begins to fade

Now back to researching my Family Tree to see if Victor Meldrew really was my Dad
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:16:28 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 19, 2018, 08:25:51 am by Filo »
I went Fishing for the whole day when Charles and Diana got married and would do today if possible. I am currently watching Kevin Nolan on SSN for the 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th time complaining "that the Refs did us" - get used to it mate - rather than even watch BBC News because it will be wall to wall Royal Wedding.

Time for a Republic imo - but it wont happen in my lifetime

I will get to watch FA Cup Final hoping for a Chelsea win to deprive Man U of winning a Trophy they openly spurned and furthered its demise - but now are desparate to win - for some Silverware to crown a great Season

I expect Chelsea will blow it as they seem poor to me - so I will turn off the TV if it is going to go the wrong way - and ignore it tomorrow as well till the joyous coverage of both events begins to fade

Now back to researching my Family Tree to see if Victor Meldrew really was my Dad

If you really are researching your family tree, you can find some very interesting things, I discovered my Grandad had 21 siblings 😳

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 19, 2018, 07:38:51 pm by ravenrover »
On the beach Troulos Bay Skiathos

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 20, 2018, 09:25:18 am by glosterred »
Didn’t watch the Royal Wedding, did watch the Cup final - there’s 90 minutes of my life I will not get back. More excitement in the Rev Curry’s speech than the whole of the cup final.

COYR

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 20, 2018, 11:02:19 am by bobbymax »
I didn't miss much on either account then!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 20, 2018, 11:16:43 am by The Red Baron »
Didn’t watch the Royal Wedding, did watch the Cup final - there’s 90 minutes of my life I will not get back. More excitement in the Rev Curry’s speech than the whole of the cup final.

COYR

FA Cup finals are invariably cr*p when you get two big teams playing each other. Trouble is, outside the top six hardly anyone in the Premier League takes the Cup seriously.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 20, 2018, 12:31:16 pm by Donnywolf »
On the beach Troulos Bay Skiathos

Very very lucky ! I AM envious - my favourite Greek Island by a MILE

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 20, 2018, 12:35:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a really sad fact, the Royal Wedding was more memorable
than the Cup Final.

Was at the Races yesterday courtesy of DRFC, and they had the Cup Final showing on a big screen and Alex Stepney in attendance with a replica FA Cup. He's looking well and spritely for his age!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 20, 2018, 01:38:15 pm by idler »
We are in Greece and last night there were probably about six people watching it. I saw abou five minutes of it.
It was followed by the German cup final and there did look to be one or two more watching that one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 20, 2018, 01:46:59 pm by RedJ »
Sounds like it was a lot more exciting.

Bit of a dramatic finish as well, I hear Bayern were denied a penalty, then the following corner Frankfurt went down the other end to make it 3-1

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 20, 2018, 01:49:15 pm by idler »
Nice to see the under dogs win now and again.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 20, 2018, 02:55:52 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Showing 5 lots of people round my house in Sheffield so I can pack up and move to Branton. See what I can of the FA Cup when I can.

Moving to Branton, eh, Michael? You lucky bu**er! The first 24 years of my life were spent in the village, before I moved away just over 50 years ago! Happy days!  :)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 20, 2018, 03:09:21 pm by Draytonian III »
Watched both the Scottish and English cup finals ,only because I had a few bets on them, cards corners and goals etc. Didn’t win anything so that was about 5 hours of my life I won’t get back .

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 20, 2018, 06:15:01 pm by Harrogate Rover »
I was working so I'm a bit late to the wedding party. For what it's worth here are a few fashion observations.

The Groom wore full military garb.

The bride wore a Claire Waight Keller dress.

Elton John wore a wig and silly pink glasses.

Victoria Beckham wore a face like a slapped arse.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 20, 2018, 06:57:36 pm by Filo »
I was working so I'm a bit late to the wedding party. For what it's worth here are a few fashion observations.

The Groom wore full military garb.

The bride wore a Claire Waight Keller dress.

Elton John wore a wig and silly pink glasses.

Victoria Beckham wore a face like a slapped arse.

Prince George wore a tribute to My Chemical Romance, Welcome to the Black Parade 😀

TinyPortal © 2005-2012