Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:29:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers till I Die!  (Read 1383 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Rovers till I Die!
« on April 07, 2012, 04:22:16 pm by Filo »
No glory fan here, I`ll be there in League 1 whoever is in charge not crying for a refund I support Doncaster Rovers, which ever league we are in and however crap we are!

:rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers till I Die!
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2012, 04:27:08 pm by Barmby Rover »
Same here Filo, forty odd years in the making it wuld be churlish to atsrt stamping feet now. Get behind JR, rejig this awful policy and start to rebuild a team.

Would you get DP back as caretaker for the last few games if DS decides to do the decent thing?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2012, 04:27:36 pm by glosterred »
And I will be there with you - thats 2 of us going next seaon!

:scarf:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2012, 04:30:33 pm by vaya »
I'll be sat there, with the same kind of grim determination that got the BEF through four years of trench warfare.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers ti I Die!
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2012, 04:36:15 pm by roversontheup »
Me too Filo.  

We have just had the most amazing ride and probably one of the longest periods without relegation in the club's history.  Certainly in my 50 years of watching anyway.

Losing and relegation is tough, it's no fun and it's hard to stomach but hey it's part of being a supporter.  You take the rough with the smooth.

To be honest I will be pleased when the season is over and we can start to prepare for next season in League 1.  I may be in the minority but I am actually looking forward to it.  The Championship has been a fun ride but right now we are not strong enough to keep on swimming against the tide.  Perhaps we will get another crack at it in the future but for now the club and the fans needs to dust themselves down, regroup and rebuild.

As always I shall be excited come the beginning of a new season. It's MY Club still............:rtid:

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2012, 04:38:41 pm by robchester »
I'd be there wearing my hoops even if we were playing sunday league. RTID means exactly that!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2012, 04:38:46 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=232072
Same here Filo, forty odd years in the making it wuld be churlish to atsrt stamping feet now. Get behind JR, rejig this awful policy and start to rebuild a team.

Would you get DP back as caretaker for the last few games if DS decides to do the decent thing?

Yes get DP back as Manager ha ha what a joke.

Another stupid football fan asking for the Manager to resign. How many football Managers do you know who have \"Done the decent thing?\" as you put it?
I bet you can't name many.................if any.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2012, 04:42:25 pm by RoversAlias »
I too will be here next season and am somewhat looking forward to it. But we need to make some massive changes in the summer. If the club continues on in the same way it is now and has been for the last year plus then we will only continue to slide. And none of us want that.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2012, 04:50:25 pm by mushRTID »
Ill be there. Bought my season ticket just hope this man is not 'manager'

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 07, 2012, 05:05:54 pm by jucyberry »
Never give up, your club is for life , not just the good times...In my extremely limited capacity I'll still be following, still, barring death, destruction or being overrun by aliens from the planet Zod  hopefully be at the first home game of the season.. I made the choice to follow Rovers,and by hell I'll follow them where ever we end up.
 It is the ethos pluck and sheer spirit of Doncaster Rovers that has always called to me. So it's a RTID from me too..

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2012, 05:11:02 pm by jucyberry »
Double post due to loading at tortoise speed.. Roll on the big move!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2012, 05:27:06 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=232077
I'll be sat there, with the same kind of grim determination that got the BEF through four years of trench warfare.

This, my friend, is a f**king brilliant post. Made my day.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2012, 05:42:38 pm by ferribyrover »
After decades of mostly division 4 (plus some div 3 and conference for variety) our rise to, and 4 years in, the Championship has been the stuff of dreams. You know, the sort of thing that brings a tear to your eye because your dad, who introduced you to DRFC, Alick Jeffrey et al, isn't here to share it.
So, yes RTID, (but still pixxed off that we are going down with a whimper and worried that there are fault lines within the club).

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2012, 05:42:47 pm by jucyberry »
Never give up, your club is for life  not just the good times...In my extremely limited capacity I'll still be following, still, barring death, destruction or being overrun by aliens from the planet Zod  hopefully be at the first home game of the season.. I made the choice to follow Rovers,and by hell I'll follow them where ever we end up.
 It is the ethos pluck and sheer spirit of Doncaster Rovers that has always called to me. So it's a RTID from me too..

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2012, 05:58:59 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"ferribyrover\" post=232108
After decades of mostly division 4 (plus some div 3 and conference for variety) our rise to, and 4 years in, the Championship has been the stuff of dreams. You know, the sort of thing that brings a tear to your eye because your dad, who introduced you to DRFC, Alick Jeffrey et al, isn't here to share it.
So, yes RTID, (but still pixxed off that we are going down with a whimper and worried that there are fault lines within the club).

Yeh I'd go along with those sentiments. Maybe I'm just trying to lessen the blow by saying we weren't really cut out for this division (see Crewe, Luton, Southend and even Scunny) but I think the last 18 months or so have been a struggle and whilst I enjoyed every moment the recent exchanges on this forum and board room dramas seem to have taken their toll on everyone.

I'd always renew my ST if I could afford it anyway but I really hope (in whatever way) that we can all get behind JR as much as possible for the next 6 months or so. Without him we'd be enjoying trips to Garforth or Harrogate never mind the fact we brought 3 points back from places like the City Ground, Bramhall Lane and Portman Road.

Big summer ahead.

cas rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2012, 06:00:33 pm by cas rover »
still my team
don`t care who`s manager as long as Sir John stays with us
:rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012