Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:35:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hill should keep his nose out  (Read 2540 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Hill should keep his nose out
« on October 27, 2012, 11:58:36 am by godlike1 »
Of things he does not understand....................

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/hill-s-respect-for-forest-rival-1-5070391

There are not many, if any clubs in the football league who would go 17 games without a win and not sack the manager. There were many times SOD would have easily been sacked by other clubs if he had been there whereas DRFC stood by the manager and supported him.

I doubt v much if Barnsley and its 15 fingered supporters would tolerate 6 games never mind 17

I also thought he normally talked a lot of sense but the more I hear him speak the more I realise his heads all the way up his own arse

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Hill should keep his nose out
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2012, 12:03:32 pm by Spud »
Wether he's right or wrong he's entitled to an opinion. Don't rise to it mate.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2012, 12:23:28 pm by GazLaz »
“I know for a fact Sean was probably linked with and probably turned down two to three opportunities to leave (Rovers)." This doesn't actually make sense.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2012, 12:45:45 pm by Wellred »
“I know for a fact Sean was probably linked with and probably turned down two to three opportunities to leave (Rovers)."

I know for a fact and probably in the same sentence?
Stick to talking about what you know Hill............................bugger all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2012, 01:11:28 pm by Filo »
When you talk about the balance of loyalty, he should have been retained as Rovers manager. There is no doubt about that

Aye, that loyal that he attended two interviews for other jobs, they`re are what we know about, loyalty is a two way thing Mr Hill!

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2012, 02:09:27 pm by Donny Dub »
There's no doubt Sean O'Driscoll was linked to vacancies at both Burnley and Sheffield United in his last season with us and I feel we lost much team spirit at this time, especially during the time he was linked with a move to the Blades.  There was a noticeable lack of purpose and ambition from both himself and the players at this time it led to a string of poor performances and an increase in disappointment between himself, the board, the players and the fans.  Doncaster Rovers couldn't afford him and he had to go, Amen.

Good luck to him!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2012, 02:50:17 pm by Rios »
It just goes to show you, you can't buy class.  O'Driscoll has bided his time and kept his gob shut.  Regardless of where you stand on his tenure and departure, he hasn't bad mouthed us regardless of how he must feel.  Hill, who hasn't taken Barnsley any further forward than Mark Robins did, can't keep his gob shut long enough to even ponder what a classless baffoon he is.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2012, 05:14:32 pm by jmt »
Rather having a crack at us, I think it's a message to his fans and board.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2012, 07:13:16 pm by drfcsteve »
Hill is right though, Sean is a tactical genius, he should know as the dingles have just been battered by forest!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2012, 09:15:40 pm by bobjimwilly »
Hill is right though, Sean is a tactical genius, he should know as the dingles have just been battered by forest!!

:thumbsup:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 27, 2012, 10:20:05 pm by hoolahoop »

PMSL  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 28, 2012, 01:23:25 am by RoversAlias »
Idiot talking about things he has no real clue about. Move on.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #12 on October 28, 2012, 02:20:49 am by Rovin Reporter »
There were quite a few on here who that felt SOD should have been given more time and still would not except the many explanations of the Club to why he was sacked . But I agree Keith ( miserable ) Hill should keep his opinions on the little  he knows and leave what he doesn't alone . The King is Dead long live the King

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 28, 2012, 01:00:19 pm by Wild Rover »
Hill said “I know for a fact Sean was probably linked with and probably turned down two to three opportunities to leave (Rovers)".

That sentence alone shows he has not a clue. "Fact and probability" x 2 , means he has not a clue as to anything DRFC / O'driscoll related.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012