Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:58:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Heaven  (Read 3322 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Football Heaven
« Reply #30 on October 16, 2022, 08:50:08 am by Campsall rover »
I would also expect Copps as HoF to have had a conversation with Blunt first of course to advise him what is required to be done.

Copps is not stupid and must surely realise time is up for GM.

Do it now and we still have a chance of a successful season.

Leave it until End of Nov/Dec and it will be too late.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 16, 2022, 09:00:09 am by sedwardsdrfc »
I feel for GM in a lot of ways; the jobs a poison chalice at the moment and he is clearly out of his depth.

The questions were tough, he didn’t single anybody out, other than himself, and answered questions as honestly as he could. He clearly cares and you can tell that with how down he sounds.

We need to replace GM but hope he goes on and makes a career in the game.

I don’t think anyone other than our totally irrational fans would wish him any ill. By all accounts he was doing a decent job with the youth set up so he might get back into that if it’s an area that suits him better, and he’ll go with a decent payoff given his rolling terms so it’s not as though he’ll need to find a job immediately to make ends meet.

The fact is, though, he’s strangling our club at the minute and I don’t think anyone (perhaps his bosses aside) can see it getting any better. The sooner he goes the better.

Agree on most of this and what I’m about to say is harsh. But not sure I’d have him back in the youth set up. One he’ll have lost authority with the older age groups after been such a failure. We know what teenagers attitude is like they won’t respect him.

Then there’s the coaching. Don’t want him replicating this play with our youth teams. They won’t learn much. U10s I’d say he’s probably ok for

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 16, 2022, 09:15:21 am by NickDRFC »
I feel for GM in a lot of ways; the jobs a poison chalice at the moment and he is clearly out of his depth.

The questions were tough, he didn’t single anybody out, other than himself, and answered questions as honestly as he could. He clearly cares and you can tell that with how down he sounds.

We need to replace GM but hope he goes on and makes a career in the game.

I don’t think anyone other than our totally irrational fans would wish him any ill. By all accounts he was doing a decent job with the youth set up so he might get back into that if it’s an area that suits him better, and he’ll go with a decent payoff given his rolling terms so it’s not as though he’ll need to find a job immediately to make ends meet.

The fact is, though, he’s strangling our club at the minute and I don’t think anyone (perhaps his bosses aside) can see it getting any better. The sooner he goes the better.

Agree on most of this and what I’m about to say is harsh. But not sure I’d have him back in the youth set up. One he’ll have lost authority with the older age groups after been such a failure. We know what teenagers attitude is like they won’t respect him.

Then there’s the coaching. Don’t want him replicating this play with our youth teams. They won’t learn much. U10s I’d say he’s probably ok for

Should clarify, I didn’t mean with us. I don’t think it would be fair on either party if he stayed at Rovers and it wouldn’t work for the reasons you’ve outlined. Just seems he’s much better suited to that age group than the top job.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 16, 2022, 09:15:53 am by Filo »
Clayton's interview was ridiculous too. Saying Orient just had one chance other week, saying there was nothing between the teams this week at half time.

What planet is he on? Such a massive disconnect with what we are witnessing

He said that wasn’t a 3-0 game, he’s correct it was more like a 6 or 7-0 game!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 16, 2022, 09:18:43 am by Chris Black come back »
He’s been allowed to issue a post match analysis on the official site, which might suggest he’s not moving immediately. If anything is going to happen you would imagine discussions take place today and then an announcement on Monday. If we are here on Tuesday morning and no announcement then remains in last chance saloon for Crewe next Saturday.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 16, 2022, 09:19:43 am by Lesonthewest »
On the way yesterday the small bit of optimist in me thought we would see a different Rovers. Go at them from the off, better possession (which to a point we did), more energy, quicker moving the ball, get in their faces, & better movement. Then I saw the temsheet, this, for me showed why McSheffrey has learned nothing from recent criticism.

I just can't understand why he persists in playing one up front, & his insistence on 'staying in the game' tactics. It hasn't worked as we concede first almost every single game. So this for me tells me we have a manager who has no idea how to either set us up  or change the way we play. The long balls up for Miller to chase, when they don't go out of play that is, have never worked & never will.

I thought Carlisle were bang average, but such is this league, we made them look good, & word has certainly got around how poor we really are, we are a soft touch, & so easy to play against. Big decisions needed from the power
s that be now. This downward spiral has gone on far too long. We were thumped yesterday by a managers team who supposedly applied for our job, says it all really.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 16, 2022, 09:22:54 am by Chris Black come back »
Their top scorer was absent yesterday but someone said the lad who scored the opener yesterday had only ever scored one goal before in his entire career. Yet we were the open door for him to push on.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 16, 2022, 09:25:55 am by Janso »
Some of them on the way out today said it was their best performance of the season.

They can't have been brilliant so far then despite their position.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 16, 2022, 09:28:19 am by Chris Black come back »
It was their best home league result in 45 home league games. 45 times away teams have rocked up there going back to December 2020 and Carlisle had not managed to deliver a better result. 45 times.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:26:11 pm by Chris Black come back »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 16, 2022, 11:49:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Phew.

Just listened to that and it's searing. Sounds like he's given up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012